Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Keegers
Aug 11, 2014

:siren: GAME IS DECENT, DESPITE THE BAD GRAPHICS :siren:

BUG ALERT:
:commissar: unplug your mics in player lobbies, currently they are bugged and you can't mute them or yourself

Table of Contents
1. Overview
2. Play with Goons
3. New Players
4. Game updates and announcements.

:siren: 1. WHAT IS MAHVEL?? :siren:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sZZUMjoxfZA

AVAILABLE ON: PS4, XBONE, PC

SICK AND CREATIVE GAMEPLAY
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A8Uu2vhtwuo

MvC:I the newest addition the marvel series, which may be hard on the eyes, the game play however is fun and fast paced. Differences from MvC3:
- we are back to 2v2 like MvC1
- assists no longer in game (tagging is good)
- soulstones added with interesting abilities and activation
- play marvel favorites like raccoon man and scary skull biker man
- decent netcode

:siren: STILL NO MUTANTS :siren:

But we got characters like them...

SFV thread posted:

Truth be told, Street Fighter V Marvel vs Capcom: Infinte is fun and good. Despite a rocky launch, Goons all over have been having a great time playing this particular video game. We have some newbie resources down below, and you're always welcome to ask us for help in this thread or on our Discord server, graciously set up by Giogadi. Be sure to thank him!

:siren: 2. PLAY WITH INTERNET FRIENDS!! :siren:
Fighting game goon discord:
Discord

Keegers fucked around with this message at 01:09 on Sep 24, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Keegers
Aug 11, 2014

BRAND NEW TO FIGHTING GAMES???? Check out the main FG thread for general fighting game help and intro: Thread

Evil Canadian made an awesome video explaining things the tutorial did not go over.

Sajam has an excellent video for new players that goes over mechanics of marvel.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6gxkj0wtC7A

Wave dash tutorial as well. Main way of moving around in game, and for marvel games movement is very important
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k04Oy0hvMZk

Outside of that people are still playing and discovering things in game.

Keegers fucked around with this message at 00:59 on Sep 24, 2017

Keegers
Aug 11, 2014

:siren: :lolplant: Game Updates :lolplant: :siren:

http://www.capcom-unity.com/strumslinger/blog/2017/10/13/patch-notes-for-marvel-vs-capcom-infinite-october-16-update

When an opponent has been hit by three special "grab" projectiles in a single combo, they will automatically be affected by a spiral hit stun, causing them to be invincible and sent into the air. Players can also counter tag out of these attacks.

Affected moves:

Spider-Man - LP/HP Web Ball (including air versions)

Frank - LK/HK Hammer Throw

Can perform air recovery in eight directions when recovering from certain unique hits in the air.

Affected moves:

Dante – Bee Hive

Chun-Li – Spinning Bird Kick (including air version), Kikosho, Hoyokusen

Chris – Sweep Combo

Doctor Strange – Bolts of Balthakk

Fixed a bug that made it impossible to block during the last frame of crouching block recovery.

Fixed an issue that caused a connection error to occur when continuously performing successful grabs in an online match.

Increased throw invincibility during air recovery from 3F to 5F.

Fixed comboing into another combo using the Mind Surge throw.

Characters

These changes will go live across all platforms in the update on October 16

Dante

Fixed a bug when taking damage during Tempest that caused Dante’s position to change from the location where he took that damage.

Captain America

Fixed bug(s) so that properties of moves without the shield match those with the shield. (ex: forward jumping during forward ground dash without the shield did not have dash momentum)

Fixed a bug causing backflip (without shield) to be invincible from start up.

Fixed a bug that caused his back ground throw to not do damage and had a shorter knockback distance.

Fixed a bug where jumping forward during a back ground dash (with shield) had dash momentum.

Fixed a bug that caused him to not face the opponent when behind them while activating Charging Star and Hyper Charging Star.

Dormammu

Fixed a bug that allowed players to cancel Dark Spell: Creation after LK/HK Dark Hole with Flight.

Fixed a bug that allowed players to cancel Dark Spell: Creation after LK/HK Purification with Flight.

Doctor Strange

Fixed bug where when there are 3 Graces of Hoggoth HP traps on screen and Flames of the Faltine is used from a higher position, the fired laser VFX disappears.

Fixed bug causing one Grace of Hoggoth to remain on screen after activating Flames of the Faltine in certain situations

Keegers fucked around with this message at 17:34 on Dec 4, 2017

Vakal
May 11, 2008
Nemesis is good and that's all that really matters.

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008
Picking up Dante and ultron for my team after getting completely destroyed by them constantly online.

Pc version is hosed btw

pissdude
Jul 15, 2003

(and can't post for 6 years!)

The REAL Goobusters posted:

Picking up Dante and ultron for my team after getting completely destroyed by them constantly online.

Pc version is hosed btw

I've had 0 problems with the pc version outside of having to disable my microphone when I want to play in player lobbies. If you don't player lobbies will play super laggy and stuttery and it's clearly a bug. The net code is great otherwise though, a lot better than any other Capcom fg and most other recent fgs tbh

Keegers you might wanna put that thing in the op about the microphone bug until they patch it

cams
Mar 28, 2003

before playing a lot of online, i highly recommend going into training mode and record the dummy doing a few reality stones with your character as close to them as possible. spend some time figuring out how to get around the reality stone, how to properly parry it, how to deal with it in up close scramble situations, and how to punish it in close by either blocking or trading with something good (ie power surge)

all the stones are seeing use, but reality stone is by far the most common.

https://clips.twitch.tv/HorribleUglyCoyoteOSfrog

not in clip but he has a voice line for himself

cams fucked around with this message at 08:11 on Sep 22, 2017

Evil Canadian
Sep 10, 2000

No one man should have all that Psycho-Power.

My thanos stuff from the last thread

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RUSaRnd-EIQ

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FLMfqiAAlS0

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4t9K7Z4_3B0

Thanos seems to be my only character that really clicks so far. Ultron seems really stupid good for how easy he is though.

*edit*

Also for anyone with any marvel 3 experience and how it translates to this game, what the hell do you do with Chris? I think he is pretty cool but he seems way too drat linear for how this game works.

Fellblade
Apr 28, 2009
That is one misleading as hell OP.

Anyway, I feel like Cap is seriously rear end tier, the lack of any kind of mixup potential just kills him. He was already low tier in ultimate due to basically only having assist + cartwheel or hope they get hit by shield slash pressure.

Cartwheel is rear end and the best mixup you get is cartwheel + tag which loses to buttons, it's a worse option than cross up jump HP + tag.

HK trick shield + tag is just about passable, but only for a single mixup.

I'd love to hear anybody else's thoughts.

Keegers
Aug 11, 2014

pissdude posted:

Keegers you might wanna put that thing in the op about the microphone bug until they patch it
Added

Fellblade posted:

That is one misleading as hell OP.

I'll work on cleaning it up and adding nice images.

Keegers fucked around with this message at 13:58 on Sep 22, 2017

Dracula Factory
Sep 7, 2007

I'm loving dormmamu, but I'm not sure who to pair him with. Also what kind of shenanigans can you do with his movement, I'm new to marvel so this is all pretty fresh.

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

any thoughts on who will be the Albert Wesker of this game i.e. a teleporting annoyance online with OTG poo poo

Jmcrofts
Jan 7, 2008

just chillin' in the club
Lipstick Apathy

pissdude posted:

I've had 0 problems with the pc version outside of having to disable my microphone when I want to play in player lobbies. If you don't player lobbies will play super laggy and stuttery and it's clearly a bug. The net code is great otherwise though, a lot better than any other Capcom fg and most other recent fgs tbh

When you say disable your microphone, do you mean like in windows? Or is there an in-game setting somewhere that I haven't found

Squallege
Jan 7, 2006

No greater good, no just cause

Grimey Drawer
mods please embed this into the thread so it can play infinitely
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KBcMnW9QEao

Keegers
Aug 11, 2014

Ghost Rider x haggar. Excellent normals and close up command grab damage. I call it Team Birdie.

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!

DLC Inc posted:

any thoughts on who will be the Albert Wesker of this game i.e. a teleporting annoyance online with OTG poo poo

Everyone in this game otgs so just pick your favorite teleporter (which may only be Dormammu atm). People seem to really like Dorm though.

Doggir
Dec 24, 2013

Countblanc posted:

Everyone in this game otgs so just pick your favorite teleporter (which may only be Dormammu atm). People seem to really like Dorm though.

Also can we just get wesker :-s

Chaotic Flame
Jun 1, 2009

So...

https://twitter.com/OlafRedland/status/911138452841701376

fart barterer
Aug 24, 2006

David Byrne - Like Humans Do (Radio Edit).mp3

Keegers posted:

Ghost Rider x haggar. Excellent normals and close up command grab damage. I call it Team Birdie.

I played a Haggar last night and was amazed at how much pressure he could put on. Once I remembered that advancing guard was a thing, I could keep him locked down by pushing and beaming him away. But drat.. that pipe can reach far. Him + Ghost Rider would gently caress me up for sure. What stone do you use?

Maining Gamora + Ultron right now. I'm finding that when I'm in an intense match I gently caress up with Gamora constantly because she requires actual skill, and then come back and win by cheesing with Ultron. He's super versatile at range and does good damage up close. His flight (plus the bashing drones) make him pretty great at waiting out reality storms, too, which won me a couple matches when I was low.

Managed to pull of a couple "gently caress your soul stone" wins last night, just by popping a full time storm when I killed their first and finishing their second before it was over. Those were satisfying. It's sort of strange that only one storm can be going at once, especially since they last so long.

I'm enjoying how long some rounds go. I played a Nova + Dr Strange team that was pure footsies and defensive zoning, and finding openings felt great. Lost but it was a fun grind.

I'm poo poo at these games in general but some of the combos are driving me mad. There are such tiny variances in timing for certain things. There's one Ultron combo that requires landing after HKing someone down and chaining with a LK while they bounce, but you have to linger in the air a bit before hitting the HK or you won't land in time for the followup.

Game is good. Gonna watch SoCal Regionals all weekend and see what I pick up.

Keegers
Aug 11, 2014

androo posted:

What stone do you use?

I was playing around with space and time. Kinda liked space because I could keep them around mid screen to allow ghost to be in range of normals and close enough for haggar not to be zoned out.

Fellblade
Apr 28, 2009

Jmcrofts posted:

When you say disable your microphone, do you mean like in windows? Or is there an in-game setting somewhere that I haven't found

Steam settings, you need to switch it to a different mic (that is muted in windows or whatever) or use software to fake a line in mic.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

FEAR MY SHARK ROCKET IT REALLY SUCKS AND BLOWS

Keegers posted:

I was playing around with space and time.

Dammit, so that's where this brother I never had before came from

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord
I think the negative sign in the thread title is in the wrong spot?

Doggir
Dec 24, 2013

I've been trying to learn gamora and don't know who to take as a second. So far I've been chosing Jeddah but I don't know how to make a team.

Saint Freak posted:

I think the negative sign in the thread title is in the wrong spot?

This is the chill thread friend where we talk about how bad we are at the game and mash our way to fun.

darealkooky
Sep 15, 2011

You sayin' I like dubs?!?
who do I blame for gamoras gun's not being reflectable (unlike say, dante or chris), extremely spam friendly and + on block while getting her in easily? capcom incompetence or marvel marketing?

Chaotic Flame
Jun 1, 2009

So...

darealkooky posted:

who do I blame for gamoras gun's not being reflectable (unlike say, dante or chris), extremely spam friendly and + on block while getting her in easily? capcom incompetence or marvel marketing?

Why not both friend?

Fellblade
Apr 28, 2009

darealkooky posted:

This is marvel, only person to blame is yourself.

For being put in that situation.

Alternate old thread answer: For playing this game.

Keegers
Aug 11, 2014

Good deal alert :siren:

hori rap4 + mvci

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008

DLC Inc posted:

Dante/Ultron

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

FEAR MY SHARK ROCKET IT REALLY SUCKS AND BLOWS

Is it the digital or physical edition, anyone know? I looked and it seems to be the physical version but I'm also supposed to be working and my boss just walked by.

Platypus Farm
Jul 12, 2003

Francis is my name, and breeding is my game. All bow before the fertile smut-god!

Medullah posted:

Is it the digital or physical edition, anyone know? I looked and it seems to be the physical version but I'm also supposed to be working and my boss just walked by.

No indication it's just a code so I'm guessing disc. Hell of a deal if you need a stick

Ventana
Mar 28, 2010

*Yosh intensifies*

I'm not going to get this game, so someone explain to me what this is. Flame Carpet is now a giant projectile shield? wtf

Evil Canadian
Sep 10, 2000

No one man should have all that Psycho-Power.

I gotta say for as fast paced and hectic as marvel is, this games netcode is A+ solid.

J2DK
Oct 6, 2004

Playtime has ended.
I really like Dante/X. I just need to remember to stick a double jump in when hitconfirming off of X's buster -> overhead ground bounce with a Dante launcher.

I haven't seriously played fighting games in a couple years. Feels good to be back.

cams
Mar 28, 2003

marvel pools at scr about to start, are scheduled to run until 5 pm. then at 8 pm we have clockwork v fchamp and jwong v chris g exhibitions.

https://www.twitch.tv/capcomfighters

CVE
Jan 27, 2012
hosed around a bit with Chris/Hulk and it feels like it could work out nicely, although Hulk feels really limited combo wise (day 1) and when it comes to getting in. You get really solid damage of tags especially tagging out of Chris's grenade launcher Hyper, since it allows Hulk to fully charge his punch for whatever followup i have yet to find outside of Meteor smash or Gamma Charges.

Haven't played Marvel in ages so so my confirm game is way to weak at the moment and my execution is poo poo so that needs working.

Coffee Mugshot posted:

Space stone sounds like it'd be sick on the giant green man and buff guns guy.

Maybe. I haven't quite figured which stone to use for them. Power gives Hulk a few new combos but does nothing for Chris. Time likewise does nothing for Chris. Soul is basically a clutch for it's infinity storm. Haven't played around with Mind and whether you can chain hypers like a mad man which might be possible due to them having rather long animation. Space as you said could help and Reality might give better coverage against aerial approaches which Chris struggles with it feels like. Gonna have to try them all out.

At least the "official" Capcom tutorial suggest space for both.

CVE fucked around with this message at 23:51 on Sep 22, 2017

Coffee Mugshot
Jun 26, 2010

by Lowtax
Space stone sounds like it'd be sick on the giant green man and buff guns guy.

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008
https://www.twitch.tv/capcomfighters

SCR is on right now. This guy just destroyed angelic with Haggar/Nemesis. Was actually pretty crazy, I even saw an Arthur do some work. Everyone seems pretty viable

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
this was a funny clip from earlier w/ arthur

https://clips.twitch.tv/RockyApatheticClintmullinsFreakinStinkin

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Does this have crossplay or any plans for crossplay?

• Locked thread