Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
atomicthumbs
Dec 26, 2010

We're in the business of extending man's senses.
here's another old computer thread like i've made every couple of years

someone recycled an hp 9000 model 832 pa-risc hp-ux server here and there's no way for me to rescue it and it's not worth enough to keep it on a shelf and sell on ebay probably

there were some D-series servers too

:sigh:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

atomicthumbs
Dec 26, 2010

eschaton posted:

does this still exist? I can ask some people if they're interested.

also atomicthumbs do you IRC?

it exists and is in the back, idk if my boss would want to go through trouble for it if it's not worth a decent amount, unless they can pick it up today in the north bay

i used to irc more and i have a quassel install idling on a number of channels, but not very much lately

atomicthumbs
Dec 26, 2010

i want a bebox

atomicthumbs
Dec 26, 2010

ev nova, op

atomicthumbs
Dec 26, 2010

hey so uh if anyone in the bay area wants to pay my boss $200-250 for the HP 9000 i put the cards back in and slud it under a table

it probably won't be there past the end of the week

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

atomicthumbs
Dec 26, 2010

Cybernetic Vermin posted:

it weighed 50+ lbs and had something like half a dozen fans all going at full tilt at all times

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xn1fY02eHS0

• Locked thread