Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Cybernetic Vermin
Apr 18, 2005

when i threw my visualize c200 in the trash after years of maintaining my own patches to keep bad linux software running on hp-ux i decided against ever again going into old hardware obsessions

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cybernetic Vermin
Apr 18, 2005

Notorious b.s.d. posted:

yeah that visualize c200 would have been a cool lil box with cde and internet explorer 5 on it

the ultimate 90s machine

they were not that lil' really, it weighed 50+ lbs and had something like half a dozen fans all going at full tilt at all times

tbqh it doesn't really fit the thread that well, since when i had it it it wasn't yet that out of date, actually still fast for some workloads (cache-bound things mostly), and had more memory than any other machine i owned (1.5 gigs iirc). was the reason why i attempted to keep it going along with more linux-like stuff, but it was never terribly useful, hp-ux was not a very fun hobbyist thing to work with ;p

also never actually got the visualize card to do anything sane, iirc it only actually accelerated on the weirder of its video outputs and i never got it hooked up to anything

• Locked thread