Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
His Divine Shadow
Aug 7, 2000

I'm not a fascist. I'm a priest. Fascists dress up in black and tell people what to do.
I hard boil my eggs, and fry them to a crisp, I smear out the egg so it's as thin as possible and as much as possible of the egg is converted by the maillard reaction.

I put ketchup on lasagna (and other Italian dishes).

I like well done chicken and pork.

I like hard shell tacos with the premixed spice bag and all that stuff.

I use dish soap when washing my cast iron pans (it doesn't hurt it I say).

I make tomato and acidic stuff in cast iron cookware, don't care and don't think it matters (good seasoning)

I use a bread rolling pin on pizza dough

Also guilty a lot on the garlic powder stuff.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

His Divine Shadow
Aug 7, 2000

I'm not a fascist. I'm a priest. Fascists dress up in black and tell people what to do.

You are believing in a myth. It's faaaaake!

EDIT: Oh yeah I use bouillon cubes too. But in my defense you can't buy liquid broth in this country and the cubes are better than those yeast grown "fonds" or whatever they are called in english, at least it's just dehydrated broth.

His Divine Shadow fucked around with this message at 06:38 on Sep 27, 2017

His Divine Shadow
Aug 7, 2000

I find if I do that, it sticks, once it starts to boil, I stir it a couple of times, that does the trick.

His Divine Shadow
Aug 7, 2000

C-Euro posted:

My wife is Thai and whenever we have people over for dinner we will cook Thai food for them. People are always blown away by our cooking but most Thai food is actually piss-easy to make.

My fiances family come from vietnam and whenever she makes something vaugely asian it's always just crap, sorry to be harsh but that's the truth. Usually it's some random meat and vegetables inna frying pan, then add water, perhaps a bullion cube, fish sauce, then eat with noodles or rice. It's loving disgusting watery blandness is what it is.

Her family makes similarly bad food. When there are holidays at her parents it's usually all vegan, all boring, all long since cold dismal food. Lots of canned fake meat stuff too, which ironically is probably better than most of the other stuff.

I know vietnamese food can be good since I've tasted other vietnamese peoples food (there are quite a lot living here). I've even made better vietnamese food myself from internet recipes! I don't know what it is about them but I never look forward to eating there.

His Divine Shadow
Aug 7, 2000

I couldn't live without ketchup. And Heinz is my favorite, just sooo much better than the local brand that used to be top dog (Felix).

I also like plain old tabasco, I've tried all sorts of brands and stuff but I always come back to plain standard tabasco. That and the rooster brand sriracha sauce (the other one tastes vile, is it a duck?)

His Divine Shadow fucked around with this message at 12:01 on Oct 9, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

His Divine Shadow
Aug 7, 2000

Bit too late for that, 11 years and two kids. Not that I mind, when she cooks western food it comes out fine.

I also made banh-mi once:

His Divine Shadow fucked around with this message at 13:38 on Oct 9, 2017

• Locked thread