Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
dino.
Mar 28, 2010

Yip Yip, bitch.
What are some of those things that you do that everyone swears is wrong, but you low-key don't care?

For example, when I microwave potatoes for baked potatoes (which is apparently a heinous sin in and of itself), I never poke holes in them. They've never exploded on me. I don't skim the foam off the top of my soups, because I don't really care if the broth is super clear.

Now you.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dino.
Mar 28, 2010

Yip Yip, bitch.

C-Euro posted:

My wife is Thai and whenever we have people over for dinner we will cook Thai food for them. People are always blown away by our cooking but most Thai food is actually piss-easy to make.

Is it mostly the having of the various ingredients on hand? My friend spend a year in Northern Thailand, Vietnam, Myanmar, and that general area of the world. When he got back, he started making hella more thai food. Legit, most of it is like. Grill/stir-fry/roast/heat up _______ protein. Add a bunch of shallots, a bit of ginger, some garlic, and lime juice, and sometimes lime leaves. And then throw on a bunch of cilantro because why the hell not. It's so fresh and delicious.

dino.
Mar 28, 2010

Yip Yip, bitch.

Tiggum posted:

You forgot the part where you make literally everything taste of coconut.

Northern Thai seems to not do much coconut. Much more tomato and tamarind and such.

• Locked thread