Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ur in my world now
Jun 5, 2006

Same as it ever was
Same as it ever was
Same as it ever was
Same as it ever was

Smellrose

LiquidFriend posted:

I hope they keep Odom all year and run a banner during every game that says:

"gently caress off true sons, this is what you loving get. Kim Anderson, too. Once again, gently caress you and enjoy this awful game."

No more alumnis please.

If the combined tenures of KA and Odom don't sink the True Son Of Mizzou horseshit, nothing will.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KICK BAMA KICK
Mar 2, 2009

Hard to remember a week that flipped my opinion of the coming season as much as this? I was sure we'd get hosed by Mississippi State and LSU and now I'm at least somewhat positive on both those games. Stidham looked good. Gus and Chip finally figured out that there are good running backs on the roster that don't have plantar fasciitis. Defense seemed fine for as long as they were required to care.

That other QB Mizzou put in late in the second quarter seemed better, y'all should try using him.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Crotch Bat posted:

But this isn't last year and 10-3 in the Sun Belt is such a useless stat anyway, the Sun Belt is like 80% teams who are transitioning from FCS, the entire conference is usually in the bottom 20% of all teams year-to-year. This year they've beaten an FCS team and squeaked by a Texas State team that's probably one of the ten worst teams this year. Wake eeking out a win over App State is not a great sign unless your expectations are just "please don't lose". Suggesting App State is like GT is just wrong for a variety of reasons.

on the other hand they bet the absolute loving shite out of Boston College, who gave Clemson more trouble than they're worth so maybe shut the gently caress up, moron

LiquidFriend
Apr 5, 2005

ur in my world now posted:

If the combined tenures of KA and Odom don't sink the True Son Of Mizzou horseshit, nothing will.
His presser was hilarious. A younger Kim Anderson down to the I got an unfair hand line.

Crotch Bat
Dec 6, 2003

Much like with everything else in life, the Euros seem to have more sense on how to do things in a fun atmosphere without sucking the soul out of the event.

Alaois posted:

on the other hand they bet the absolute loving shite out of Boston College, who gave Clemson more trouble than they're worth so maybe shut the gently caress up, moron

And Jacksonville State hammered Liberty who beat Baylor who almost beat Oklahoma so why can't we let FCS teams into the CFP they obviously belong there.

loving transitive property usage in 2017 :laffo:

ur in my world now
Jun 5, 2006

Same as it ever was
Same as it ever was
Same as it ever was
Same as it ever was

Smellrose

KICK BAMA KICK posted:

That other QB Mizzou put in late in the second quarter seemed better, y'all should try using him.

Am I being whooshed or did we actually try another QB aside from Lock? Because holy poo poo do I want to see us try another QB aside from the dopey-rear end pretty boy.

Roasted Donut
Aug 24, 2007

NWA WHITE POWERRR!!!!

bvlah posted:

How did Pitt get so bad that they couldn't turn any of the 4 GT turnovers into points? James Conner was their entire offense wasn't it?

KirVonte Benson is just as good as Dedrick Mills

they lsot conner and a couple nfl linemen. also every qb they have now is brutally loving awful and their wr's don't give even half a poo poo

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Crotch Bat posted:

And Jacksonville State hammered Liberty who beat Baylor who almost beat Oklahoma so why can't we let FCS teams into the CFP they obviously belong there.

loving transitive property usage in 2017 :laffo:

i actually like virginia tech but i just want them to lose every time i see you post you're so loving insufferable jesus christ

ur in my world now
Jun 5, 2006

Same as it ever was
Same as it ever was
Same as it ever was
Same as it ever was

Smellrose

LiquidFriend posted:

His presser was hilarious. A younger Kim Anderson down to the I got an unfair hand line.

I saw someone on Rock M Nation say that his postgame presser was a loving meltdown. Sounds like it didn't disappoint. Do the needful, Sterk.

Roasted Donut
Aug 24, 2007

NWA WHITE POWERRR!!!!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h4UqMyldS7Q

Crotch Bat
Dec 6, 2003

Much like with everything else in life, the Euros seem to have more sense on how to do things in a fun atmosphere without sucking the soul out of the event.

Alaois posted:

i actually like virginia tech but i just want them to lose every time i see you post you're so loving insufferable jesus christ

calm down you stupid oval office. and lol nobody gives a gently caress who you like, REEEEE away though

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Am I being whooshed or did we actually try another QB aside from Lock? Because holy poo poo do I want to see us try another QB aside from the dopey-rear end pretty boy.

He might be talking about Rountree and mistyped RB. He looked pretty good in that TD drive.

I was pretty disappointed with Crockett the last couple of weeks, I don't know what is going on with him. I know he's hurt but it wasn't supposed to be a big deal.

Plinkey
Aug 4, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

single-mode fiber
Dec 30, 2012

Demon Of The Fall posted:

Tennessees offense had 50 something yards on 31 second half plays

Also don't forget this was against UMass. It's really kind of astounding how Tennessee can be so much less than the sum of their parts under Jones.

pillsburysoldier
Feb 11, 2008

Yo, peep that shit

Come back, offseason

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"
LOL OREGON

Roasted Donut
Aug 24, 2007

NWA WHITE POWERRR!!!!

Crotch Bat posted:

calm down you stupid oval office. and lol nobody gives a gently caress who you like, REEEEE away though

lmfao.

RumbleFish
Dec 20, 2007

South Carolina looked completely loving terrible against Louisiana Tech and only won on a miraculous last-second field goal. I say "miraculous" because even though it was just a 31-yarder, we've only made one field goal this season between two different kickers, and our current starter had missed two others earlier in the game.

Still got the dub, though!!

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

he edited that post, he needed to add on more to it.

Crotch Bat
Dec 6, 2003

Alaois posted:

he edited that post, he needed to add on more to it.

it was important to point out that you seriously posted "I like VT but I don't like you so I want them to lose all the time" like a child. that you spend any time thinking about a random sports team losing because you don't like someone is top kek.

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova

I saw someone on Rock M Nation say that his postgame presser was a loving meltdown. Sounds like it didn't disappoint. Do the needful, Sterk.

http://krcgtv.com/sports/college/odom-delivers-passionate-speech-after-mus-loss-to-auburn

"Look...we suck, everyone knows that. But uh, don't fire me please"

Fifty Three
Oct 29, 2007

PSU should probably drop a few in the rankings and Iowa should be ranked. They earned it. What a game.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
I did not expect someone to meltdown over a win.

Crotch Bat
Dec 6, 2003

Fifty Three posted:

PSU should probably drop a few in the rankings and Iowa should be ranked. They earned it. What a game.

Iowa should absolutely be ranked.

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

Props to Iowa, the defense played their hearts off. That was one impressive performance despite the crushing ending. That being said, Trace was very bad and the playcalling was idiotic most of the time. Saquon Barkley is the god drat truth. PSU needs to shape up

UNT tried very hard to lose to UAB, but won anyway. I like points

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Nissin Cup Nudist posted:

Props to Iowa, the defense played their hearts off. That was one impressive performance despite the crushing ending. That being said, Trace was very bad and the playcalling was idiotic most of the time. Saquon Barkley is the god drat truth. PSU needs to shape up

UNT tried very hard to lose to UAB, but won anyway. I like points

but you see, Trace is a Winner

Plinkey
Aug 4, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Fifty Three posted:

ehh, there really weren't enough convincing wins in the top 6 or so to justify that, i think it'll stay the same tomorrow.

Crotch Bat
Dec 6, 2003

If Michigan had a semblance of an offense I think they'd walk away with the Big 10 because their D is nasty but really seems like PSU is headed towards the CFP, that's going to be all kinds of wrestling-type heat on them if that happens. No idea what to think about OSU, frankly.

Also Purdue is totally going to finish like 8-4.

Roasted Donut
Aug 24, 2007

NWA WHITE POWERRR!!!!

pillsburysoldier posted:

Come back, offseason

lmao.

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

Alaois posted:

but you see, Trace is a Winner

He did win the game at the end, so technically true

If Speight gets another snap as starting QB, Harbaugh is v dumb

Tad SG
Apr 16, 2003

Here are provided seats of meditative joy, where shall rise again the destined reign of Troy.
That was USC's 13th straight win (last loss was to Utah exactly 1 year ago), and 14th straight win over Cal. Was it the performance I wanted? No. Sometimes the way the games are going this season, it seems like we have screenwriters instead of coaches. But the team keeps finding ways to win and so I'll just be happy and enjoy the ride. I am making the 6.5 hour drive from Portland to Pullman for the WSU game on Friday- hopefully we get a few players back for that game- it should be a good one.

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Crotch Bat posted:

But this isn't last year and 10-3 in the Sun Belt is such a useless stat anyway, the Sun Belt is like 80% teams who are transitioning from FCS, the entire conference is usually in the bottom 20% of all teams year-to-year. This year they've beaten an FCS team and squeaked by a Texas State team that's probably one of the ten worst teams this year. Wake eeking out a win over App State is not a great sign unless your expectations are just "please don't lose". Suggesting App State is like GT is just wrong for a variety of reasons.

Worked for our ACC Championship season. :v:

Listen I'm not saying we're gonna go like 9-3, my point is we're probably anywhere from a 5-8 win team and considering our schedule that's pretty spectacular and furthermore saying the fact that we squeaked by App State is by itself an indicator that we're gonna get murdered for the next 5 weeks is also disingenuous.

I don't think there's any way we beat FSU and I'm not as bullish about the fact that we should be ranked but we're still a good team, possibly very good, and I'd bet we go bowling this season which for Wake is just fine.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!

Tad SG posted:

That was USC's 13th straight win (last loss was to Utah exactly 1 year ago), and 14th straight win over Cal. Was it the performance I wanted? No. Sometimes the way the games are going this season, it seems like we have screenwriters instead of coaches. But the team keeps finding ways to win and so I'll just be happy and enjoy the ride. I am making the 6.5 hour drive from Portland to Pullman for the WSU game on Friday- hopefully we get a few players back for that game- it should be a good one.

Lol if you're a team from California and have lost a game

Crotch Bat
Dec 6, 2003

Did Jalen Hurts get hurt or benched or did the game get out of hand so crazy fast Saban put the backups in early because Hurts' stats were like the only bad thing about that game and his backup did way better.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

xbilkis posted:

http://krcgtv.com/sports/college/odom-delivers-passionate-speech-after-mus-loss-to-auburn

What...the...gently caress. Ignoring all of the idiocy here (way to bring up Aaron O'neil who died after a practice in order to...make some point?).

Dude you weren't handed the worst hand. The program was absolutely not in a Missouri basketball way. You hosed things up. You fired the best DL coach in the nation and hired a DC that is fundamentally opposed to how you would like to play defense, and you brought him back for a second year. Apparently because he was popular.

Guess what, when you fire a popular guy the locker room isn't going to adjust well. Maybe, just maybe, it would be a good idea to get rid of him when no one is playing football, and not in the middle of the season.

I'm somehow even angrier than I was before watching that.

Crotch Bat
Dec 6, 2003

SamuraiFoochs posted:

Worked for our ACC Championship season. :v:

Listen I'm not saying we're gonna go like 9-3, my point is we're probably anywhere from a 5-8 win team and considering our schedule that's pretty spectacular and furthermore saying the fact that we squeaked by App State is by itself an indicator that we're gonna get murdered for the next 5 weeks is also disingenuous.

I don't think there's any way we beat FSU and I'm not as bullish about the fact that we should be ranked but we're still a good team, possibly very good, and I'd bet we go bowling this season which for Wake is just fine.

You're right, I'm busting your chops too hard over a W. In fairness, I said last week I thought that 5 game stretch would be doom for you guys, the ASU game just reinforced it in my mind but I don't think it's crazy for you to get FSU, they're like one more bad half from mailing in the whole season and finishing like 7-5 and rightfully so, they had a shitload of aspirations and hopes for this season taken from them in week 1.

LiquidFriend
Apr 5, 2005

Grittybeard posted:

What...the...gently caress. Ignoring all of the idiocy here (way to bring up Aaron O'neil who died after a practice in order to...make some point?).

Dude you weren't handed the worst hand. The program was absolutely not in a Missouri basketball way. You hosed things up. You fired the best DL coach in the nation and hired a DC that is fundamentally opposed to how you would like to play defense, and you brought him back for a second year. Apparently because he was popular.

Guess what, when you fire a popular guy the locker room isn't going to adjust well. Maybe, just maybe, it would be a good idea to get rid of him when no one is playing football, and not in the middle of the season.

I'm somehow even angrier than I was before watching that.
Well it was not a good hand he was dealt, but it's his own loving fault.

He knew exactly what he was getting himself into and took the job anyhow. He even had an offer at Memphis to be HC.

I knew Odom was a mistake but ugh.

ur in my world now
Jun 5, 2006

Same as it ever was
Same as it ever was
Same as it ever was
Same as it ever was

Smellrose

Grittybeard posted:

He might be talking about Rountree and mistyped RB. He looked pretty good in that TD drive.

I was pretty disappointed with Crockett the last couple of weeks, I don't know what is going on with him. I know he's hurt but it wasn't supposed to be a big deal.

Roundtree looked alright. Didn't Crockett hurt his leg or something a week or two ago? I'm assuming it wasn't serious since he's still taking the field but maybe he isn't at 100%.

xbilkis posted:

Lmfao at all of this. He did not inherit some unworkable dumpster fire of a program. Mizzou won the East in 2013 and 2014. The team was shaken due to the protests and GP's diagnosis but there were some positives in the 2015 season, namely the defense. Despite this, he ran off one of the greatest defensive line coaches ever and decided to gently caress up a defense that was putting dudes in the first round because ?????. This team hasn't developed one bit since 2015 and has actually been declining in most aspects. This poo poo is all on you, dude. And name-dropping a guy who died in a practice? What the gently caress?

Dirk Pitt
Sep 14, 2007

haha yes, this feels good

Toilet Rascal
I went to bed at 14-0 in the OU game. What the gently caress happened?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KICK BAMA KICK
Mar 2, 2009

Grittybeard posted:

Yeah that guy. At that point I honestly wasn't paying a ton of attention and thought y'all had swapped QBs.

• Locked thread