Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Crotch Bat
Dec 6, 2003

Much like with everything else in life, the Euros seem to have more sense on how to do things in a fun atmosphere without sucking the soul out of the event.
Also RIP potentially awesome Bedlam game. Still should be good but I thought maybe it could be two top 5 teams fighting for a playoff spot good.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ur in my world now
Jun 5, 2006

Same as it ever was
Same as it ever was
Same as it ever was
Same as it ever was

Smellrose
Also, a history lesson for people who aren't Mizzou fans and listen to Odom compare his situation to Larry Smith's:

vs

Larry Smith took the program to it's first bowl game in 15 years. Odom inherited a program that won their division 5 times in 10 years.

I used to think Odom was a nice guy that was in over his head like Kim Anderson. But this poo poo? Get the gently caress out of here.

Fluffdaddy
Jan 3, 2009

Crotch Bat posted:

Did Jalen Hurts get hurt or benched or did the game get out of hand so crazy fast Saban put the backups in early because Hurts' stats were like the only bad thing about that game and his backup did way better.

We had the third string offensive line and then 5th string running back in by the end and we kneeled the ball on the four yard line to not score on them again with two minutes to go. Second string was in by halftime. Hurts just got the afternoon off.

Bama could have scored a hundred on them and that is not an exaggeration.

Nervous
Jan 25, 2005

Why, hello, my little slice of pecan pie.
Oregon lost to a bad ASU team and I am ashamed.

Tad SG
Apr 16, 2003

Here are provided seats of meditative joy, where shall rise again the destined reign of Troy.

Nervous posted:

This morning, some friends and I were arguing over who would be fired first: RichRod, or Graham. Graham was the unanimous pick. Oregon probably single handedly gave him the rest of the season at least.

Now the poll would be RichRod or Mora?

Edit: Crazy to think that half the P12 South might be firing their head coaches this season.

Christe Eleison
Feb 1, 2010

Mora is totally gone. Letting *this* Stanford team drop nearly 60 on you? Not gonna work.

Good game today, by the way. Happy with how Cal played, and that the things that led to the L can be fixed/worked on. The Wazzu game Friday should be a good one.

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART
I'm incredibly surprised by GT's offense. If we can handle the ball security issues (yeah, I realize that's a big "if") we might be looking at GT's best offense in Paul Johnson's whole tenure here. TaQuon Marshall is every bit as good as Justin Thomas and might be even better at running the ball himself. I was convinced we'd have a huge dropoff at QB this year, but nope, TaQuon is loving aces. KirVonte Benson's a beast too, I thought we were hosed at B-Back after Mills got kicked off the team, but nope, Benson stepped up and is doing an amazing job gashing teams up the middle.

I'm less bullish on the defense than most GT fans after that game. Yeah, they only gave up 10 points, and we got in their backfield a ton, but I think that's mostly due to Pitt's awful, predictable playcalling and terrible o-line. I will say our tackling looked tighter in that game than usual. Way fewer missed tackles than I'm used to seeing from GT.

Tad SG
Apr 16, 2003

Here are provided seats of meditative joy, where shall rise again the destined reign of Troy.

Cup of Hemlock posted:

Mora is totally gone. Letting *this* Stanford team drop nearly 60 on you? Not gonna work.

Good game today, by the way. Happy with how Cal played, and that the things that led to the L can be fixed/worked on. The Wazzu game Friday should be a good one.

Cal's defense is legit, and outside of a crazy disaster of a 4th quarter, Cal's offense outplayed SC today. As much as I disliked Wilcox as DC at USC, he seems to be a huge improvement over Dykes as a head coach!

Scarf
Jun 24, 2005

On sight
I'm glad Clemson decided to show up in the 4th quarter. Holy gently caress that game was frustrating as hell to watch. Partly because the announcers were dog poo poo and were mispronouncing Etienne's name constantly.

Also Feaster is the love child of Reggie Merriweather and CJ Spiller and I love it.

pillsburysoldier
Feb 11, 2008

Yo, peep that shit

https://i.imgur.com/Ze7GI9K.mp4

DrunkPanda
Apr 24, 2005
I am trolling you, CineD

28 Days Later is actually a great movie

fuck starcraft

News: CU vs Washington

Views: Oh no, we suck again :(

FreakyMetalKid
Nov 23, 2003

Nervous posted:

Yeah, ASU has had some pretty solid teams who were a part of the 10 game losing streak against Oregon. It's weird that they finally snapped it with this mess of a team. The defense wasn't good, but they looked much better this week than they have in awhile. I didn't expect that at all. I was almost dreading going to tonight's game after the way they opened the season, but that was a pleasant surprise. Go Devils!

Incoherence
May 22, 2004

POYO AND TEAR
Rice lost to FIU (the one Butch Davis coaches), 13-7. This does not bode well for Rice's chances of making it out of the Bottom 10 this season.

For some reason, some random company was streaming the game on Facebook, which allowed me to see the bizarre ending sequence:

FIU has the ball, up 13-7, on 4th down at their own 15, with 5 seconds left in the game. The random commentators correctly predict what happens next: the punter receives the snap and then runs around the end zone until time expires and takes a safety. The officials call holding on, well, basically everyone on the kicking team. Our resident rules expert left us a couple seasons ago, but I'm pretty sure the rule here is supposed to be that the game ends regardless of the penalty. 13-9, final score, everyone go home now. Right? Nope.

The official initially announces that Rice is declining the penalty, and that that results in a safety and an extra untimed down (for the safety kickoff, which presumably the punter is going to boot straight into the air so no one can possibly run it back for a TD). Some discussion ensues with both coaches. Then the official announces that Rice is accepting the penalty, and somehow that results in an untimed down where FIU has the ball, ten yards back from the previous spot. FIU kneels, and the game is over, with the score 13-7.

If these are the correct options by rule (they're not), then Bailiff is an idiot: Rice's minuscule chances of winning are higher if FIU has to kick the ball to them (and booting the safety kick out of bounds IS a penalty that carries an untimed down), and he takes two (meaningless) points off the board.

The C-USA crew managed to make two different bad calls on the same play, and David Bailiff took the worse of the two options. Just one more log to add to Bailiff's hot seat.

Maxwells Demon
Jan 15, 2007

Oregon looked pretty good (not great, especially with Nebraska) in non-conference play.

Now I'm checking what games we can win in the next 8 to see if we can make a bowl.

Crotch Bat
Dec 6, 2003

Much like with everything else in life, the Euros seem to have more sense on how to do things in a fun atmosphere without sucking the soul out of the event.
ECU and UConn play at noon and it'll be worth watching if you want to see two very bad teams, one potentially the worst in the country.

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy
I wasn't expecting Sparty to beat Notre Dame but god drat those loving turnovers :( Lewerke I get, it's his first real season starting, but c'mon LJ, you know what you need to do.

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
:negative:

Guess I'm pulling for team chaos now. :unsmigghh:

SpiritualDeath
Jul 2, 2009

shaping your brain like pottery

DrunkPanda posted:

News: CU vs Washington

Views: Oh no, we suck again :(
CU was great last year and performed about the same vs. the Dubs in the CCG?

Chump Farts
May 9, 2009

There is no Coordinator but Narduzzi, and Shilique is his Prophet.

GobiasIndustries posted:

I wasn't expecting Sparty to beat Notre Dame but god drat those loving turnovers :( Lewerke I get, it's his first real season starting, but c'mon LJ, you know what you need to do.

We're bad now. After years of being good, I have to embrace that we are the worst. At least we play Rutgers so we can to 3-9 again.

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

Chump Farts posted:

We're bad now. After years of being good, I have to embrace that we are the worst. At least we play Rutgers so we can to 3-9 again.

I dunno, outside of those turnovers it wasn't horrible. I was there for this
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HvrRvUYRdD8
and I'll be around for whatever's coming.

KKKLIP ART
Sep 3, 2004

UGA dominated Mississippi state from literally our first offensive snap:

https://twitter.com/SECcountry/status/911735347041718279

Even when we but in our second and third string defense in the 4th quarter, we still preserved no touchdowns, including a last ditch goal line stand. Our defense is salty, and honestly with how the rest of the east is playing, we should be undefeated by the time we play GATech, now it actually turns out is a mystery because we've stepped on our dicks so many times through the years that I am never assigning hope to UGA.

We also probably have a QB controversy coming up, especially if Eason doesn't play next week or for Mizzou. If from keeps winning in SEC play, for whatever it is worth, do you keep the hot hand or go back to Eason?

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice

https://twitter.com/TitanicTD/status/911794682362986496

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice
The waving thing is cool but Iowa is going to injure itself with all the back patting about it.

Rad Valtar
May 31, 2011

Someday coach Im going to throw for 6 TDs in the Super Bowl.

Sit your ass down Steve.

This literally brought tears to my eyes. Seeing sick kids now that I have a two year old just kills me.

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

Thoguh posted:

The waving thing is cool but Iowa is going to injure itself with all the back patting about it.

lol

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Gatech put the ball on the ground five times and still dominated Pitt yesterday.

Bees are real good y'all.

Pimpcasso
Mar 13, 2002

VOLS BITCH

Blue Raider posted:

bring me the head of lyle allen jones

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

I've gotta stop fantasizing about Lee Majors...
Ah, one more!

So it is 2017 and UF has won 31 straight games against Kentucky, which was clearly cursed by a gypsy after an auto-pedestrian accident [*touches cheek* "GATOOOOOOOOR"]

Yet here we are having snatched victory from the jaws of defeat with Luke Del Rio looking like our starter, a young QB's confidence likely destroyed, a bumbling, crumbling defense, a suddenly inept special teams unit, and as predictable an OC as I have seen in my entire life.

Rad Valtar posted:

This literally brought tears to my eyes. Seeing sick kids now that I have a two year old just kills me.

Yeah me too. Fatherhood does weird things to a man.

EvilHawk
Sep 15, 2009

LIVARPOOL!

Klopp's 13pts clear thanks to video ref

LeeMajors posted:

So it is 2017 and UF has won 31 straight games against Kentucky, which was clearly cursed by a gypsy after an auto-pedestrian accident [*touches cheek* "GATOOOOOOOOR"]

Yet here we are having snatched victory from the jaws of defeat with Luke Del Rio looking like our starter, a young QB's confidence likely destroyed, a bumbling, crumbling defense, a suddenly inept special teams unit, and as predictable an OC as I have seen in my entire life.

Yeah me too. Fatherhood does weird things to a man.

I went to bed at half time (it was 3am here and I was pretty trashed) 100% convinced we would lose. When I woke up and looked at the score I didn't believe it. I've watched the highlights back and still don't believe it. How on earth did Kentucky lose that game.

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

I've gotta stop fantasizing about Lee Majors...
Ah, one more!

EvilHawk posted:

I went to bed at half time (it was 3am here and I was pretty trashed) 100% convinced we would lose. When I woke up and looked at the score I didn't believe it. I've watched the highlights back and still don't believe it. How on earth did Kentucky lose that game.

UF scored 14 points when Kentucky (I'm not kidding) forgot to cover a receiver coming off a timeout. TWICE!

Oh, and Malik Davis is a dude.

LDR is probably our starter going forward :suicide:, yet we somehow converted >50% of our 3rd downs in the second half in spite of maddening Doug Nussmeier short-side toss plays and mystifying WR screen calls.

angryrobots
Mar 31, 2005

Scarf posted:

I'm glad Clemson decided to show up in the 4th quarter. Holy gently caress that game was frustrating as hell to watch. Partly because the announcers were dog poo poo and were mispronouncing Etienne's name constantly.

Also Feaster is the love child of Reggie Merriweather and CJ Spiller and I love it.

It never felt like a close game, but both offenses kept sputtering.

Kelly's picks were annoying, he is determined to not take a sack. I'm still impressed by his play overall - his running skills are getting ignored by the press. But his inexperience showed in some decision making and failure to let plays develop.

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

quote:

Middle Tennessee was missing its starting quarterback, its top receiver and its top offensive lineman.

And yet the defense from the Bowling Green State University football team surrendered 533 yards of total offense in the Blue Raiders 24-13 victory.

lmao we are so loving bad

E: :stare:

quote:

BG finished with a net one yard rushing on 29 attempts.

DJExile fucked around with this message at 14:20 on Sep 24, 2017

LLCoolJD
Dec 8, 2007

Musk threatens the inorganic promotion of left-wing ideology that had been taking place on the platform

Block me for being an unironic DeSantis fan, too!

Rad Valtar posted:

Yup. :(

LeeMajors posted:

So it is 2017 and UF has won 31 straight games against Kentucky

Hell yes, I will take it. It's incredible that the streak has survived Ron Zook, Will Muschamp, and (so far) Jim McElwain.

an adult beverage
Aug 13, 2005

1,2,3,4,5 dem gators don't take no jive. go gator -US Rep. Corrine Brown (D) FL

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

GobiasIndustries posted:

LJ went from breakout player on a team that should've been undefeated to lone bright spot on a terrible team to net negative on another terrible team.

Chump Farts posted:

If Maryland is down to their third string QB for the rest of the year that should be easily winnable too.

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

Dig this BG punting swagger tho :radcat:

a kid who can hit 65 yards but never a touchback and never inside the 20 tells you we never fukkn got even close to out of our own end

E: and MT only had 2 returns for net -1 yard. God drat Davidson is legitimately the only good player on this team.

DJExile fucked around with this message at 14:45 on Sep 24, 2017

Numlock
May 19, 2007

The simplest seppo on the forums
Lots of good things out of the TTU - HOU game for Tech. Team's rough but it's looking like the Defense is finally getting it's poo poo together and while Pat's gone Nick is doing a good job of filling in for the offense. I WANT TO BELIEVE don't let me down Kliff.

I was hoping Okie St was going to sleep on Tech but after losing to TCU I'm sure Xerox U will be pissed off and fired up.

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

Incoherence posted:

If these are the correct options by rule (they're not), then Bailiff is an idiot: Rice's minuscule chances of winning are higher if FIU has to kick the ball to them (and booting the safety kick out of bounds IS a penalty that carries an untimed down), and he takes two (meaningless) points off the board.

The C-USA crew managed to make two different bad calls on the same play, and David Bailiff took the worse of the two options. Just one more log to add to Bailiff's hot seat.

Sounds like when the refs reconvened they got the situation right. If Rice declines, it's a safety and game over 13-9. There is no kick. What happened was correct with the penalty acceptance. There was nothing they could do to win in that situation.

Maxwells Demon posted:

Oregon looked pretty good (not great, especially with Nebraska) in non-conference play.

Now I'm checking what games we can win in the next 8 to see if we can make a bowl.

Kinda funny that Nebraska fans thought this same thing about our Oregon win last year.

Manoueverable
Oct 23, 2010

Dubs Loves Wubs
Something is really off with Browning this season and he's probably gonna lose us at least one game because of it. I want to blame how rainy it was, but he's a QB in Seattle, you have to be ready for that.

Myles Gaskin loving owns, though. Colorado is not a bad team IMO but it kinda felt like the pick-6 was the end of it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HannibalBarca
Sep 11, 2016

History shows, again and again, how nature points out the folly of man.
I'm hungover and we're probably gonna poo poo the bed in an embarrassing fashion and/or lose half of our starters on offense to the Knoxville turf next week, but goddamn that was the best game I've seen UGA play in years.

• Locked thread