Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Crotch Bat
Dec 6, 2003

Much like with everything else in life, the Euros seem to have more sense on how to do things in a fun atmosphere without sucking the soul out of the event.

SamuraiFoochs posted:

Also Deacs bitch

Saw the stats and thought maybe it was turnovers that doomed App State but nope, so I'm at a loss. lovely in the redzone is my next guess. You guys looked really vulnerable though. The next 5 weeks are not going to be kind to you but maybe if you can pull off the upset against a reeling FSU some bullshit can happen.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Crotch Bat
Dec 6, 2003

Much like with everything else in life, the Euros seem to have more sense on how to do things in a fun atmosphere without sucking the soul out of the event.
I know some of you are frustrated over how the night ended so allow me to make you feel better

Crotch Bat
Dec 6, 2003

SamuraiFoochs posted:

OTOH the team was uncharacteristically bad at certain execution stuff, they played at a stadium with the biggest, loudest crowd in the school's history, and App State caught every possible break and still lost. Oh and App State went 10-3 last year. They're not as bad as the name would suggest. I'd honestly guess they're on par with a team like GT, all told.

EDIT: App State honestly treated it like their season and the trajectory of their program depended on this win.

But this isn't last year and 10-3 in the Sun Belt is such a useless stat anyway, the Sun Belt is like 80% teams who are transitioning from FCS, the entire conference is usually in the bottom 20% of all teams year-to-year. This year they've beaten an FCS team and squeaked by a Texas State team that's probably one of the ten worst teams this year. Wake eeking out a win over App State is not a great sign unless your expectations are just "please don't lose". Suggesting App State is like GT is just wrong for a variety of reasons.

Crotch Bat fucked around with this message at 06:25 on Sep 24, 2017

Crotch Bat
Dec 6, 2003

Alaois posted:

on the other hand they bet the absolute loving shite out of Boston College, who gave Clemson more trouble than they're worth so maybe shut the gently caress up, moron

And Jacksonville State hammered Liberty who beat Baylor who almost beat Oklahoma so why can't we let FCS teams into the CFP they obviously belong there.

loving transitive property usage in 2017 :laffo:

Crotch Bat
Dec 6, 2003

Alaois posted:

i actually like virginia tech but i just want them to lose every time i see you post you're so loving insufferable jesus christ

calm down you stupid oval office. and lol nobody gives a gently caress who you like, REEEEE away though

Crotch Bat
Dec 6, 2003

Alaois posted:

he edited that post, he needed to add on more to it.

it was important to point out that you seriously posted "I like VT but I don't like you so I want them to lose all the time" like a child. that you spend any time thinking about a random sports team losing because you don't like someone is top kek.

Crotch Bat
Dec 6, 2003

Fifty Three posted:

PSU should probably drop a few in the rankings and Iowa should be ranked. They earned it. What a game.

Iowa should absolutely be ranked.

Crotch Bat
Dec 6, 2003

If Michigan had a semblance of an offense I think they'd walk away with the Big 10 because their D is nasty but really seems like PSU is headed towards the CFP, that's going to be all kinds of wrestling-type heat on them if that happens. No idea what to think about OSU, frankly.

Also Purdue is totally going to finish like 8-4.

Crotch Bat
Dec 6, 2003

Did Jalen Hurts get hurt or benched or did the game get out of hand so crazy fast Saban put the backups in early because Hurts' stats were like the only bad thing about that game and his backup did way better.

Crotch Bat
Dec 6, 2003

SamuraiFoochs posted:

Worked for our ACC Championship season. :v:

Listen I'm not saying we're gonna go like 9-3, my point is we're probably anywhere from a 5-8 win team and considering our schedule that's pretty spectacular and furthermore saying the fact that we squeaked by App State is by itself an indicator that we're gonna get murdered for the next 5 weeks is also disingenuous.

I don't think there's any way we beat FSU and I'm not as bullish about the fact that we should be ranked but we're still a good team, possibly very good, and I'd bet we go bowling this season which for Wake is just fine.

You're right, I'm busting your chops too hard over a W. In fairness, I said last week I thought that 5 game stretch would be doom for you guys, the ASU game just reinforced it in my mind but I don't think it's crazy for you to get FSU, they're like one more bad half from mailing in the whole season and finishing like 7-5 and rightfully so, they had a shitload of aspirations and hopes for this season taken from them in week 1.

Crotch Bat
Dec 6, 2003

Also RIP potentially awesome Bedlam game. Still should be good but I thought maybe it could be two top 5 teams fighting for a playoff spot good.

Crotch Bat
Dec 6, 2003

ECU and UConn play at noon and it'll be worth watching if you want to see two very bad teams, one potentially the worst in the country.

Crotch Bat
Dec 6, 2003

N: https://twitter.com/DavidHaleESPN/status/911957787541950464

V: I'm getting closer and closer to saying Fuente is the best QB coach in the country because holy poo poo.

Crotch Bat
Dec 6, 2003

MourningView posted:

I'm not sure you had a chance to, he and VT locked in on each other really quickly

Yep. Golden got fired one week (Oct 25) before Beamer announced retirement (Nov 1) but if I remember right I think Babock locked up Fuente no more than 2 weeks later and he was announced right before the end of November. He might have been on Miami's list but they were going to take their time. Babcock probably had Fuente at the top of his list for anywhere from 6 months to a year, he went after him immediately and didn't even bother with anyone else.

Spacebump posted:

Miami has a better history than most programs. Also, they aren't a mid-major.

Rand is an FSU fan.

Crotch Bat
Dec 6, 2003

NCSU is leagues beyond Toledo though if for no other reason than having that DL and a competent QB. I'm not saying NCSU beats Miami but I think it'd be a one score game.

e: was this posted yet because :drat:

https://twitter.com/PoeyJost/status/911619893383929856/photo/1

Crotch Bat
Dec 6, 2003

UT could make a run at Brent Venables. Chip Kelly will likely be somewhere next year as well, UT could get a head start on recruiting him.

Comedy option: Les Miles.

Crotch Bat fucked around with this message at 21:43 on Sep 25, 2017

Crotch Bat
Dec 6, 2003

Laptop and headphones for $1830 woof.

Crotch Bat
Dec 6, 2003

sportsgenius86 posted:

Is there some kind of facility where their QBs and your RBs can hang out and stay safe

UF.

Crotch Bat
Dec 6, 2003

The Notorious ZSB posted:

Unless Petrino has some new allegation they aren't firing him even if it in some weird backwards way makes some ethical sense. He's too good of a coach that has made that team competitive in the tougher of the 2 ACC divisions and produced a Heisman Winner. Maybe he runs because he doesn't want to be around that athletic department as it sinks, but I really doubt they'll move on from him barring his own scandal.

Lamar saved UL from a whole bunch of extra losses. We'll see going forward if Petrino can make UL competitive in the Atlantic without a once-a-program player. Good coach but FSU and Clemson are peaking in a big way right now, going to be very difficult for him to keep up.

They would have lost to 2-10 UVA last year without Jackson.

Crotch Bat
Dec 6, 2003

MourningView posted:

Once it happens a few times you get used to it

The parallels between ISU/Iowa and UVA/VT are strong except that UVA doesn't randomly beat VT at will. It would drive me absolutely mad if I was an Iowa fan.

Crotch Bat
Dec 6, 2003

DJExile posted:

Literally nobody cares about Thursday night NFL games though

To be fair, last week's game was amazing. I'll never by default pick the NFL over college ball but I like watching good football period.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Crotch Bat
Dec 6, 2003

I love everything about this pic

https://twitter.com/3Hill/status/913496865865420800

• Locked thread