Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
KKKLIP ART
Sep 3, 2004

NC State beat FSU, Alabama took Vandy behind the woodshed, Oklahoma reminded Baylor (bitch) who their daddy was, Tennessee survived the mighty UMass, Kentucky found a way to lose a game they should have won against Florida, Georgia thumped the poo poo out of Mississippi state, and Iowa had one job.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KKKLIP ART
Sep 3, 2004

KKKLIP ART
Sep 3, 2004

UGA dominated Mississippi state from literally our first offensive snap:

https://twitter.com/SECcountry/status/911735347041718279

Even when we but in our second and third string defense in the 4th quarter, we still preserved no touchdowns, including a last ditch goal line stand. Our defense is salty, and honestly with how the rest of the east is playing, we should be undefeated by the time we play GATech, now it actually turns out is a mystery because we've stepped on our dicks so many times through the years that I am never assigning hope to UGA.

We also probably have a QB controversy coming up, especially if Eason doesn't play next week or for Mizzou. If from keeps winning in SEC play, for whatever it is worth, do you keep the hot hand or go back to Eason?

KKKLIP ART
Sep 3, 2004

AP Poll:
code:
1	Alabama
2	Clemson	
3	Oklahoma	
4	Penn State	
5	USC	
6	Washington	
7	Georgia	
8	Michigan	
9	TCU	
10	Wisconsin	
11	Ohio State	
12	Virginia Tech	
13	Auburn	
14	Miami (FL)	
15	Oklahoma State	
16	Washington State	
17	Louisville	
18	South Florida	
19	San Diego State	
20	Utah	
21	Florida	
22	Notre Dame	
23	West Virginia	
24	Mississippi State	
25	LSU	

KKKLIP ART
Sep 3, 2004

TCU fans right now:

KKKLIP ART
Sep 3, 2004

Lasagna Pilot posted:

Georgia is a top 4 talent composite team with a QB that doesn't suck, expectations should be very high despite everyone trying not to get their hopes up or w/e.

im just stoked we got a hella good punter, the other stuff is just icing on the cake

KKKLIP ART
Sep 3, 2004

UGA / Tennessee has trap game written all over it. It's another game in a long string of games where UGA should be able to dominate them from the word go, and Butch is going to be coaching shoe his life and I think his players know that.

KKKLIP ART
Sep 3, 2004

LLCoolJD posted:

UGA is going to steamroll the SEC East.

Same

KKKLIP ART
Sep 3, 2004

Demon Of The Fall posted:

You haven't practiced with your big time freshman QB under center the entire offseason?

Something like 80% of Eason's snaps last year were shotgun, Fromm has something like 55%. It blows my mind that as a quarterback that is at such a level, you can't take a snap from center, but it doesn't seem like it is just Butch, but it is crazy.

KKKLIP ART
Sep 3, 2004

Raku posted:

NFL teams have to teach QBs how to go under center nowadays.

MourningView posted:

Even most of the really good NFL offenses are almost entirely out of shotgun now, including the Pats who have a QB who has obviously taken plenty of snaps from center in his life. Statistically you're better off playing from shotgun in almost every situation except very short yardage or goal line where you just need to get like one yard anyway. There's not a lot of incentive for college coaches to spend a ton of time working on the QB center exchange with guys who spent their entire high school career in shotgun and aren't comfortable playing under center or reading defenses while dropping back.

Yeah but under center means play action which unloads the box which means you can RUN THE DANG BALL

KKKLIP ART
Sep 3, 2004

I don't care if you line up under center, in shotgun, pistol, power, whatever personnel, as long as you run the dang ball, Pawl.

KKKLIP ART
Sep 3, 2004

Joey Freshwater posted:

Vols are both checkering Neyland AND wearing the alternate Smokey Grays. We're so hosed

has y'alls ground crew assembled and installed the knee-traps yet?

KKKLIP ART
Sep 3, 2004

Scionix posted:

Tennessee loving sucks

not an empty quote

KKKLIP ART
Sep 3, 2004

I like my football team better than your football team, and I think your football team is a poop.

KKKLIP ART
Sep 3, 2004

I hope Nick Chubb runs for 200 yards on like 7 carries and causes Butch to stroke out right on the sidelines. I hope we humiliate Tennessee's fanbase that they leave by half time. I hope we demoralize Tennessee's players so much that they just cancel the rest of the football season. I hope we dunk on them so hard, the athletic department tears the stadium down and salts the earth. I hope that we can turn Tennessee football into a memory of a memory, something spoken of in hushed tones for it is too painful and embarrassing to speak of. I hope the citizens of Tennessee build effigies of Payton only to burn them in sacrifice, hoping it will keep rivals away. I wish death and destruction on Tennessee.

KKKLIP ART
Sep 3, 2004

Pakled posted:

Other than SA, the only internet college football communities I find remotely tolerable are r/cfb and SBNation. My go-to source for GT news is SBNation's GT affiliate.

Yeah, for me it is here, /r/CFB (which is surprisingly good), SBNation, and AJC's UGA page. I used to borrow a subscription for Rivals, but the guy let it lapse and never re-upped it, so that went away.

KKKLIP ART
Sep 3, 2004

a neat cape posted:

I have a bad feeling USC is going to lose tonight

The ghost of Weez is pleased

KKKLIP ART
Sep 3, 2004

Vegas is saying Georgia 34 Tennessee 25, I dunno if I'd give either team that many points.

KKKLIP ART
Sep 3, 2004

wrong thread

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KKKLIP ART
Sep 3, 2004

sean10mm posted:

You won 41-0 laffo

feels good man

• Locked thread