Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ur in my world now
Jun 5, 2006

Same as it ever was
Same as it ever was
Same as it ever was
Same as it ever was

Smellrose
Oklahoma gave up 41 points to a team that got beat by Liberty. They didn't remind anyone of anything.

Also football is bad. But it's ok, because I can finally say Is It Basketball Season Yet?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ur in my world now
Jun 5, 2006

Same as it ever was
Same as it ever was
Same as it ever was
Same as it ever was

Smellrose

Grittybeard posted:

Mizzou's the kind of bad that just saps all of your energy.

There's nothing to hope for the rest of this season, nothing to look forward to. They might get a couple more wins along the way if things fall in the right place but those will be meaningless and annoying in their own way--as in either the other team is just so bad that they lose or Missouri actually looks competent against absolute poo poo opponents. The only real question to be answered is whether Odom gets a third year because all coaches must get at least that long to build (or destroy) their programs or if Sterk moves along because good god.

Don't get me wrong, losing to Auburn is fine and something I kind of expected coming into the season. But back to back (to back kinda) blowouts where the team is just utterly not competitive in any way. Yeah, that's just not good.

Odom won't be getting a 3rd year with Sterk. Maybe if Rhoades was still here but there's no way Sterk lets him sit around and foul up the program for another year, especially after the $100 million stadium renovation plan got approved. They are not going to drop that kinda cash to have the seats sit vacant.

I agree though with the 'season is already over' sentiment though. I have zero interest in watching another Mizzou game this year. And honestly, they might not get another win if they keep playing like this. Even with Idaho and UConn on the schedule.

ur in my world now
Jun 5, 2006

Same as it ever was
Same as it ever was
Same as it ever was
Same as it ever was

Smellrose

wyntyr posted:

Also I absolutely hate agreeing with Nick Saban on anything but man, tell your fellow fans / alumni not to leave in the third quarter when you're down. It's a bad look.

I'm glad that they are. Declining attendance should light a fire under the AD's rear end to come up with a solution to this mess.

ur in my world now
Jun 5, 2006

Same as it ever was
Same as it ever was
Same as it ever was
Same as it ever was

Smellrose

LiquidFriend posted:

I hope they keep Odom all year and run a banner during every game that says:

"gently caress off true sons, this is what you loving get. Kim Anderson, too. Once again, gently caress you and enjoy this awful game."

No more alumnis please.

If the combined tenures of KA and Odom don't sink the True Son Of Mizzou horseshit, nothing will.

ur in my world now
Jun 5, 2006

Same as it ever was
Same as it ever was
Same as it ever was
Same as it ever was

Smellrose

KICK BAMA KICK posted:

That other QB Mizzou put in late in the second quarter seemed better, y'all should try using him.

Am I being whooshed or did we actually try another QB aside from Lock? Because holy poo poo do I want to see us try another QB aside from the dopey-rear end pretty boy.

ur in my world now
Jun 5, 2006

Same as it ever was
Same as it ever was
Same as it ever was
Same as it ever was

Smellrose

LiquidFriend posted:

His presser was hilarious. A younger Kim Anderson down to the I got an unfair hand line.

I saw someone on Rock M Nation say that his postgame presser was a loving meltdown. Sounds like it didn't disappoint. Do the needful, Sterk.

ur in my world now
Jun 5, 2006

Same as it ever was
Same as it ever was
Same as it ever was
Same as it ever was

Smellrose

Grittybeard posted:

He might be talking about Rountree and mistyped RB. He looked pretty good in that TD drive.

I was pretty disappointed with Crockett the last couple of weeks, I don't know what is going on with him. I know he's hurt but it wasn't supposed to be a big deal.

Roundtree looked alright. Didn't Crockett hurt his leg or something a week or two ago? I'm assuming it wasn't serious since he's still taking the field but maybe he isn't at 100%.

xbilkis posted:

http://krcgtv.com/sports/college/odom-delivers-passionate-speech-after-mus-loss-to-auburn

"Look...we suck, everyone knows that. But uh, don't fire me please"

Lmfao at all of this. He did not inherit some unworkable dumpster fire of a program. Mizzou won the East in 2013 and 2014. The team was shaken due to the protests and GP's diagnosis but there were some positives in the 2015 season, namely the defense. Despite this, he ran off one of the greatest defensive line coaches ever and decided to gently caress up a defense that was putting dudes in the first round because ?????. This team hasn't developed one bit since 2015 and has actually been declining in most aspects. This poo poo is all on you, dude. And name-dropping a guy who died in a practice? What the gently caress?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ur in my world now
Jun 5, 2006

Same as it ever was
Same as it ever was
Same as it ever was
Same as it ever was

Smellrose
Also, a history lesson for people who aren't Mizzou fans and listen to Odom compare his situation to Larry Smith's:

vs

Larry Smith took the program to it's first bowl game in 15 years. Odom inherited a program that won their division 5 times in 10 years.

I used to think Odom was a nice guy that was in over his head like Kim Anderson. But this poo poo? Get the gently caress out of here.

• Locked thread