Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*
I'm one of three people in the US who has to race home from work to watch this game. Night shift be crazy.

Ehud posted:

Can I actually watch the game on my TV? Hmm

Not unless you live in the Baltimore or Jacksonville markets. The NFL is pretty dumb.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*
How was that not roughing the passer? You can't bring him down by the head.

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*
Definitely miss that internal push that Brandon Williams provides.

The Juggernaut posted:

Is Lewis employed by the Ravens or is he just there?

Bisciotti loves him so he just shows up sometimes.

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*
I swear to god we always wait until the defense is properly set to snap the ball.

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*

Kawalimus posted:

See I kept saying our defense wasn't nearly as good as the numbers were showing the first two weeks.

And you'll continue to say it regardless of what happens today.

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*
Wow. I am really surprised how much time Bortles is getting. That was the slowest moving play imaginable and no one got with in 3 yards of him. I really underestimated how essential Williams was to the pass rush.

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*
What the poo poo? Our WRs have more drops than catches at this point.

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*
Apparently starting 5 back ups on the O-line has consequences.

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*
On the injury front I'm shocked that Zadarius Smith is out there. His injury week 1 looked gruesome.

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*
There is no excuse for getting zero pressure on Blake Bortles behind this line. I'm with K, don't let Pees get on the plane home.

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*
We're averaging 2 injuries a loving week since the preseason.

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*

Mega64 posted:

Lmao Jags decided now's a good time as any to start melting down.

Well they have a 10 point lead. With the Ravens o-line that's probably insurmountable.

Weedle has looked like poo poo so far this year. He may be done.

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*
uff, Wallace dogged that one.

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*
4 3rd downs, 4 o-line collapses.

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*
I'd say the Baltimore offense warrants a 7 am drink.

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*
God the Ravens WRs suck.

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*
Just knee out the season. At least this will prevent and players from getting injured till next year.

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*

Kawalimus posted:

Yeah if anything that play was Maclin not holding onto the ball. But mostly was just a great play by defender on the type of pass that is real tough to defend.

On replay I'm not as mad at Maclin but that doesn't change the fact that Baltimore has more drops than catches from the WR corp. That is an insane at week 3.

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*
3rd and goal, obvious passing play, 3 rushers. Pees is not good.

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*
That was Weedle's beaten coverage too.

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*
That's a bullshit call.

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*

I was there that night and I swear to you my drunk uncle was the first voice I heard shout bullshit.

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*
What? I'm not even mad, what did he do?

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*
How do you look at the 20 to 0 score and think, "Jacksonville needs the benefit of every iffy call."

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*
Don't forget that Jacksonville gets the ball after the half. At this point I'm kind of hoping the Ravens break the season injury record. We're probably already close.

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*
As bad as the o-line is this is coverage sack territory. No one is open at all.

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*

Ghost Dog posted:

im fairly certain we would break our own record from last year or the year before? they run together

Our personal record is 20 from the Flacco injury year. We had 19 the year before that. The record is 27 from the 2011 Jags. We only need like 9 more so I say go for it.

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*
N: 20 points is the largest deficit the Ravens have ever come back from.

V: Baltimore is not coming back.

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*

axeil posted:

yes! thank you

and didn't that require the refs giving them a first down on 4th and forever that they were like 2 yards short of?

Nah, it was against the Cardinals. 4th and 21 was real and good and is my friend.

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*
Y'all remember that 2012 Superbowl run?

It was pretty great. Frankly I don't even separate it from the 2011 season because going to the AFC championship game and losing so heart breakingly, then going back to New England and dominating is just such a perfect story. That Denver divisional game is still the best I've ever seen.

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*
I actually didn't see the Tucker game winning field goal. I had to piss so bad and figured they would ice the kicker, so I was mid stream when I heard cheers from the living room.

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*
That's the biggest play of the game for Baltimore.

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*

Kawalimus posted:

I don't live on the eastern shore I live north of the city. But there's actually a lot of places to bird here and in the surrounding counties.

One of the best spots in MD for rarities is at the end of the boardwalk in ocean city called Sunset Park. It's like nothing. It's some lovely little tiny park you'd never expect to have birding. A couple years ago there was a rock wren there. Now there are like three Clay-colored sparrows, a sedge wren, and a Lark Sparrow all seen there recently. I was there once a while ago and there were like three common redpolls just hanging out. If I lived down there I'd make it a point to check that every day I could.

Hey, I've been to that park! You're right too. It does really suck.

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*
It was there for like half a second. That old familiar feeling of impotent rage from when the Ravens play like poo poo. Now, it's just totally gone. This game is too fun.

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*

Ghost Dog posted:

danny woodhead was a huge part of the offense. yanda is arguably their best player and maybe the best guard in the nfl. alex lewis was one of their best rookies last year. tavon young was their slot cb and again one of their best rookies from last year. i think there are more big ones but it escapes me right now. thats 4 high level starters, not to mention losing an entire side of the ball's worth of players and then some is a massive blow regardless of how many standouts are hurt

Denis Pitta was our #1 TE and top receiver last year. If you include Urschel we lost 4 starting o-linemen.

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*

Freaquency posted:

Yanda/Lewis/Woodhead are big ones, and Kenneth Dixon and Crockett Gilmore would be nice to have.

Oh yeah, Dixon was our #1 RB who was supposed to be decent. gently caress these refs by the way. It doesn't matter.

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*

I get that we're having fun with this taken to the woodshed game but Kaepernick being better than Flacco in any context is dumb.

Boo on Harbaugh for not going for it on 4th down.

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*
Hey Kawalimus, have you ever heard of Monk Parrots? They're active in New York city and Texas. They make these little community nests that are pretty cool.

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*

Ghost Dog posted:

when joe wins the superbowl and gets into the hof its gonna own

Truth

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*

Eltoasto posted:

Jags putting on a show for their future home fans.

Ravens owner gonna have to ask the community to pray for him in this time of having a bad QB.

What bad QB?

It was noted up thread. Joe owns.

• Locked thread