Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Time Crisis Actor
Apr 28, 2002

by Hand Knit
Problem description: Any time I unplug my computer, whether to work on internal hardware or to move it or anything, my monitor (Acer X34) will often not display anything if I plug it in via Displayport. It will try to find a signal, wait about 5 seconds, then display "No signal" and go to sleep. However, it will work just fine with HDMI. Previously I got it to work just by resetting the computer and monitor a few times. I just made a long-distance move and now cannot get Displayport to work even after several days.

Attempted fixes: I have tried using three different DP cables, plugging the cables into each of the (3) DP ports on my video card, unplugging the monitor for a few minutes to discharge the capacitors (which was one online suggestion), rolled back drivers, updated drivers. Tried to update Acer drivers, but windows says that I have the most up-to-date drivers.

Recent changes:Moved.

--

Operating system: Windows 10 64-bit

System specs: ASUS Maximus VII Gene, i5 4690k, Geforce 1080 FE, 16GB DDR,

I have Googled and read the FAQ: Yes

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zogo
Jul 29, 2003

Try using https://www.guru3d.com/files-details/display-driver-uninstaller-download.html to uninstall all video drivers and then reinstall the latest GPU drivers.

If that doesn't help then also make sure you're using the latest motherboard BIOS:
https://www.asus.com/us/Motherboards/MAXIMUS_VII_GENE/HelpDesk_Download/

Time Crisis Actor
Apr 28, 2002

by Hand Knit
I did both things and didn't have any results.

Frustrated, I tried fiddling with the settings, rolling back and updating drivers, and just shouting at it. At some point, I unplugged the HDMI cable which forced it to roll back to Displayport which miraculously worked!

It's just voodoo, I guess.

• Locked thread