Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Punished Chuck
Dec 27, 2010

Kthulhu5000 posted:

that assault rifle looks like a squirtgun.

masta chief, squirting the masta flava of mountain dew in yo face. the death is from the 'beetus.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

Mush Man posted:

Apparently, you can. For multiplayer, at least.

this would be really awesome to try with everyone lol holy poo poo

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

how did i miss "halo 5 multi and forge is on PC for free" seriously

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

I know this wasn't your original avatar but I just love this game. Cheers, rediscover.

extremebuff posted:

this would be really awesome to try with everyone lol holy poo poo

Agreed. LEt's get this show on the road people

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I played a few rounds it works like you'd want it to

The servers also have different styles I've seen. So some are halo 5 style but most are 3/reach

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

extremebuff posted:

how did i miss "halo 5 multi and forge is on PC for free" seriously

Because nobody gives a crap about halo 5 probably

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

In Training posted:

was there something horribly wrong with it compared to halo 3? i havent played any halo outside 1 and 2

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

extremebuff posted:

was there something horribly wrong with it compared to halo 3? i havent played any halo outside 1 and 2

all i know is that it has ads which is one later away from the famous disease we all know and love

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002

extremebuff posted:

It has loot boxes tacked on in the most unnecessary way, but regular old Slayer is really good in it

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

trying to jack off posted:

all i know is that it has ads which is one later away from the famous disease we all know and love

HolePisser1982 posted:

It has loot boxes tacked on in the most unnecessary way, but regular old Slayer is really good in it

lol i dont even think this stuff is in whatevers on PC. im gonna install it while i work and ill try it out tomorrow

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Drippy-goo-yay, mother-gunker!

extremebuff posted:

I think the MP is okay, but it definitely doesn't feel like a Halo game, either in SP or MP.

343's handling of the franchise has been questionable, at best, ESPECIALLY as far as story is concerned. Bungie's Halo series was one of the few settings in a western-made game that I really cared about enough to read the books and comics and stuff as a kid, and I still love the aesthetics and art design in those games to death, but everything in 4 and 5 just kind of sucks and isn't cool or interesting and everything looks lame (everything about the Prometheans is stupid) It also doesn't help that they keep retconning everything from Bungie's games either.

GameCube
Nov 21, 2006

Kthulhu5000 posted:

that assault rifle looks like a squirtgun.

masta chief, squirting the masta flava of mountain dew in yo face. the death is from the 'beetus.

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002
Considering what Bungie's up to, I can't really rag on 343 that much

Punished Chuck
Dec 27, 2010

Lumpy the Cook posted:

I think the MP is okay, but it definitely doesn't feel like a Halo game, either in SP or MP.

343's handling of the franchise has been questionable, at best, ESPECIALLY as far as story is concerned. Bungie's Halo series was one of the few settings in a western-made game that I really cared about enough to read the books and comics and stuff as a kid, and I still love the aesthetics and art design in those games to death, but everything in 4 and 5 just kind of sucks and isn't cool or interesting and everything looks lame (everything about the Prometheans is stupid) It also doesn't help that they keep retconning everything from Bungie's games either.

The only story thing I liked in the 343 games is the concept behind the Infinity stuff in 4, with your MP character being an actual Spartan in the world with their own storyline in Spartan Ops and the MP matches being training sims--I really like games where you can have an actual character in MP. I was a little irked that they dumped it for 5. Everything else feels like fanfiction, though. I groaned out loud when they announced that the Forerunners were coming back.

I will give them credit for the new Forerunner guns which I like a lot. Their games are not as good as the Bungie games but I still play 5 a good bit and will buy 6 when it comes out.

Average Bear
Apr 4, 2010
Halo Reach gets overlooked a lot but man was it amazing. The ending was incredible as well.

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Chuck Buried Treasure posted:

The only story thing I liked in the 343 games is the concept behind the Infinity stuff in 4, with your MP character being an actual Spartan in the world with their own storyline in Spartan Ops and the MP matches being training sims--I really like games where you can have an actual character in MP. I was a little irked that they dumped it for 5. Everything else feels like fanfiction, though. I groaned out loud when they announced that the Forerunners were coming back.

I will give them credit for the new Forerunner guns which I like a lot. Their games are not as good as the Bungie games but I still play 5 a good bit and will buy 6 when it comes out.

Spartan Ops was the best thing in 4 by a long shot so of course it's not gonna be in 5.

Also it's been said a million times but it has to be said again and again: no splitscreen is unforgivable

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

HolePisser1982 posted:

Considering what Bungie's up to, I can't really rag on 343 that much

Lol........

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up
343 also ruined twisted metal and jet moto

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

Lumpy the Cook posted:

Spartan Ops was the best thing in 4 by a long shot so of course it's not gonna be in 5.

Also it's been said a million times but it has to be said again and again: no splitscreen is unforgivable

no splitscreen? lol

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

Lumpy the Cook posted:

drat i spent a lot of time at a friend's loving around in halo 3 forge splitscreen, and going online that way was a blast.

i guess i get why split screen has been pretty much phased out but :/

IdealFlaws
Aug 23, 2005

Average Bear posted:

Halo Reach gets overlooked a lot but man was it amazing. The ending was incredible as well.

Yeah this ties for my favorite in the series... Probably cuz I read fall of reach before it came out

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Average Bear posted:

This is one of my favorite games ever

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.

trying to jack off posted:

Yeah I get the “sads” too this time of year but if any other Depression Imps are reading this I URGE you to check out Bojack Horseman on Netflix. Such a realistic depiction of mental illness that it’s uncanny

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

I know this wasn't your original avatar but I just love this game. Cheers, rediscover.

goferchan posted:

Yeah I get the “sads” too this time of year but if any other Depression Imps are reading this I URGE you to check out Bojack Horseman on Netflix. Such a realistic depiction of mental illness that it’s uncanny

Seen it. Not a fan.

Squeezy Farm
Jun 16, 2009

In Training posted:

i played a perfect remake of sandtrap that include halo3 style guns so idk. seems cool, except for the lovely FOV, 60 fps cap, and not many ppl playing.

Squeezy Farm
Jun 16, 2009
remember getting ODSt and having not only an epic solo campaign but the full set of H3 multi and DLC with the amazing firefight mode? this gamer does. gently caress Bungie for abandoning Halo for Shitstainy .

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

Squeezy Farm posted:

remember getting ODSt and having not only an epic solo campaign but the full set of H3 multi and DLC with the amazing firefight mode? this gamer does. gently caress Bungie for abandoning Halo for Shitstainy .

ODSt loving owned

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
my friends and i made up this game on that map with the crashed ship submerged in sand where it was 2 on 2 teams, and each team had a four wheeler and a rocket launcher. one player would drive and one player would stand on the back with the rocket launcher. then you raced in a circuit around the ship, and the first team to 3 laps, or the last team left standing was the winner.

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002
It’s so hosed up what became of Bungie. Every time I see Luke smith talking about gamer psychology and giving players dopamine hits every 38.6 seconds it makes me want to take a classic, perfect Halo 3 shotty to all of gaming

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

343 killed off the ODST characters in a book so they could make Nathan Fillion a Spartan and kill off any hope of ODST 2 at the same time

klapman
Aug 27, 2012

this char is good
I wanted to play Halo so bad as a kid that I made friends with the weird kid so I could go to his house and play Halo. The one time I went we played splitscreen and he just used his knowledge of the spawns to keep getting into Banshees and killing me and laughing. That, along with Columbine (RIP), taught me that sometimes the weird kids should be put in a cell before they hurt people

Elusif
Jun 9, 2008

Huh, I remember taking my xbox and halo over to my friends house and killing him over and over in a banshee...

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

HolePisser1982 posted:

It’s so hosed up what became of Bungie. Every time I see Luke smith talking about gamer psychology and giving players dopamine hits every 38.6 seconds it makes me want to take a classic, perfect Halo 3 shotty to all of gaming

who invented the loot box? because i want to go back in time and... i dunno tell him not to

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002

sector_corrector posted:

who invented the loot box? because i want to go back in time and... i dunno tell him not to

the mad scientist Yakub

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

sector_corrector posted:

Gaben

Squeezy Farm
Jun 16, 2009
laughing remembering my friend calling it Halo 3 OTPSJ

Squeezy Farm
Jun 16, 2009

sector_corrector posted:

my friends and i made up this game on that map with the crashed ship submerged in sand where it was 2 on 2 teams, and each team had a four wheeler and a rocket launcher. one player would drive and one player would stand on the back with the rocket launcher. then you raced in a circuit around the ship, and the first team to 3 laps, or the last team left standing was the winner.

there was an official game mode called mongoose wars or somethign that was exactly that and it owned.

we played a lot of that and the dodgeball modes, plus this one stupid CTF map i made that was a bunch of connected cargo containers with super weapons everywhere

edit: this http://halo.wikia.com/wiki/Rocket_Race

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

I remember the Duck Hunt custom mode where players would rotate between one team getting fed out of jet ramps to fly through the air across the map and the other team shooting at them with gauss hogs to get points

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002

Lumpy the Cook posted:

I remember the Duck Hunt custom mode where players would rotate between one team getting fed out of jet ramps to fly through the air across the map and the other team shooting at them with gauss hogs to get points

whooaaa

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Squeezy Farm
Jun 16, 2009

Lumpy the Cook posted:

that one was cool. i also liked the one where everyone was on a small square platform and gravity cannons launched random poo poo at you to dodge, with the last one standing getting a point. i think there was another where one player was in charge of tossing the garbage down to get flung at players

• Locked thread