Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Squeezy Farm
Jun 16, 2009
theater mode and forge were so badass back then..........

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Squeezy Farm
Jun 16, 2009

In Training posted:

Because nobody gives a crap about halo 5 probably

i played a perfect remake of sandtrap that include halo3 style guns so idk. seems cool, except for the lovely FOV, 60 fps cap, and not many ppl playing.

Squeezy Farm
Jun 16, 2009
remember getting ODSt and having not only an epic solo campaign but the full set of H3 multi and DLC with the amazing firefight mode? this gamer does. gently caress Bungie for abandoning Halo for Shitstainy .

Squeezy Farm
Jun 16, 2009
laughing remembering my friend calling it Halo 3 OTPSJ

Squeezy Farm
Jun 16, 2009

sector_corrector posted:

my friends and i made up this game on that map with the crashed ship submerged in sand where it was 2 on 2 teams, and each team had a four wheeler and a rocket launcher. one player would drive and one player would stand on the back with the rocket launcher. then you raced in a circuit around the ship, and the first team to 3 laps, or the last team left standing was the winner.

there was an official game mode called mongoose wars or somethign that was exactly that and it owned.

we played a lot of that and the dodgeball modes, plus this one stupid CTF map i made that was a bunch of connected cargo containers with super weapons everywhere

edit: this http://halo.wikia.com/wiki/Rocket_Race

Squeezy Farm
Jun 16, 2009

Lumpy the Cook posted:

I remember the Duck Hunt custom mode where players would rotate between one team getting fed out of jet ramps to fly through the air across the map and the other team shooting at them with gauss hogs to get points

that one was cool. i also liked the one where everyone was on a small square platform and gravity cannons launched random poo poo at you to dodge, with the last one standing getting a point. i think there was another where one player was in charge of tossing the garbage down to get flung at players

Squeezy Farm
Jun 16, 2009

Lumpy the Cook posted:

I give modern Bungie a lot of poo poo but if they straight up copied Halo 3/Reach Forge with minimal effort and awkwardly stuck it into Destiny 2 I'd buy the collectors edition in a heartbeat

i wouldnt cause the shooting and Q press abilties in destiny 2 felt like crud to me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Squeezy Farm
Jun 16, 2009
halo 3 forge stuff was uniquely cool cause bungie actually curated lists of cool ones and put them into rotating playlists and double XP weekends.

• Locked thread