Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002

halo 3 has my favorite set of multiplayer maps, i think. so many good memories

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002

extremebuff posted:

was there something horribly wrong with it compared to halo 3? i havent played any halo outside 1 and 2

It has loot boxes tacked on in the most unnecessary way, but regular old Slayer is really good in it

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002

Considering what Bungie's up to, I can't really rag on 343 that much

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002

It’s so hosed up what became of Bungie. Every time I see Luke smith talking about gamer psychology and giving players dopamine hits every 38.6 seconds it makes me want to take a classic, perfect Halo 3 shotty to all of gaming

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002

sector_corrector posted:

who invented the loot box? because i want to go back in time and... i dunno tell him not to

the mad scientist Yakub

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002

Lumpy the Cook posted:

I remember the Duck Hunt custom mode where players would rotate between one team getting fed out of jet ramps to fly through the air across the map and the other team shooting at them with gauss hogs to get points

whooaaa

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002

Rocket Race was such good funny gaming. i dont understand why FPS developers keep trying to cater to these frustrated competitive serious esports gamers, just give me a place where i can have goofy fun with my friends

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002

viva la prop hunt

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002

Blops 1 & 2 had fun gamemodes like Sticks &Stones and One in the Chamber, but those sadly havent made a return

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002

FactsAreUseless posted:

I'm just glad developers finally solved the problem of fun in gaming.

i sent u an email but can i get my platinum reactivated?

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002

I think the Battlefield games would be perfect for user made modes and levels, its too bad about EA

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002

i gotta download the halo 5 forge stuff for pc, maybe the spirit of creative goofiness is still alive

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002

frank.club posted:

The most insane forge mode I played was this version of infection where all the human players were locked in this grid and could only jump to move. The zombies started at the top of this huge ramp with every land vehicle in the game and they had to try to road kill the human plays who had to jump over the cars. Eventually my friends found out that if you shot the teleport mesh that sent vehicles that missed or hit back to the top of the ramp with an explosive it would make whatever was going through the teleporter at that exact moment fly out again at super speeds at the human players. It hit one guy so hard that his rag doll skipped across the water under the map like a stone for 10 seconds. The map was called jump rope

lmao, awesome

• Locked thread