Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Yes_Cantaloupe
Feb 28, 2005

a kitten posted:

Practice your favorite anime picking skills early here.

https://twitter.com/AnimeNewsNet/status/943883071174074368

This really brings home how good this year's anime has been.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Yes_Cantaloupe
Feb 28, 2005

Hell yeah. This is so totally my poo poo.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007

Yes_Cantaloupe posted:

This really brings home how good this year's anime has been.

well, not black clover obviously.

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009
Yurucamp is going to be good.

Strange Quark
Oct 15, 2012

I Failed At Anime 2022

gimme the GOD drat candy posted:

well, not black clover obviously.

Big Dynamic Chord fan here.

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying

a kitten posted:

Practice your favorite anime picking skills early here.

https://twitter.com/AnimeNewsNet/status/943883071174074368
There's like 8 I would check if I could. Good year.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

The only one of those I watched was MHA lol

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

Sakurazuka posted:

The only one of those I watched was MHA lol

holy poo poo watch Land of the Lustrous

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

It's on the list.

What are the two bottom right?

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

a kitten posted:

Seconded. Also watch Symphogear.

Sakurazuka posted:

It's on the list.

Black Clover is the bottom rightmost.

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

Strum in a harmonizing quartet
I want to cause a revolution

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild

Sakurazuka posted:

It's on the list.

Handshakers and Black Clover. Both bad.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Lol Handshakers

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

Shake shake

kater
Nov 16, 2010

Handshakers sounds like an alternative name of Flip Flappers.

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry

a kitten posted:

It's on anime strike, isn't it?

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!

kater posted:

Handshakers sounds like an alternative name of Flip Flappers.

it was announced on the same day so there was lots of joking about the names

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!

Nate RFB posted:

It's on anime strike, isn't it?

yes but it's also the best anime of the year and possibly ever

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

I should check if Amazon bothered putting it up here

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
Well that's a drat shame, then.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Nope

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild
Become a :yarr:
Get gems.

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

a kitten posted:

Do it. For real. It's worth it. Hell, if you sign up for Anime Strike, Scum's Wish and Princess Principal are also there.

The Colonel posted:

yes but it's also the best anime of the year and possibly ever
Now, this here: I would totally agree with you on the former and support your crusade for the latter... if it was an average-to-good year for anime and all. Because, as insanely good as it is, there is/was a lot of great anime this year, and honestly it's hard to make such a call. Especially given the fact that (say it with me now) there were an rear end-TON of great anime shows this year. It'd be like saying "David Bowie put out the best album in 2016! gently caress you, half-deaf poo poo-munchers who also enjoy a little piss on the side!" last year. I mean, it was a pretty drat good record and a reminder that Mister Jones was an insanely talented man who also surrounded himself with equal parts talented and hard-working musicians, but it honestly was not the best record from 2016, even if it was a strong contender.

It was me. I did that statement about Bowie's record, especially after I saw it get snubbed against the least interesting record Twenty One Pilots made. I also may have or may have not also thrown my shoes at an amp in an impotent display of disagreement against "those skull-hosed dipshits" from Billboard. :cripes: Don't pull a Wark, Colonel. Be a better Goon... I mean Goonette. :D

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!

Wark Say posted:

Now, this here: I would totally agree with you on the former and support your crusade for the latter... if it was an average-to-good year for anime and all. Because, as insanely good as it is, there is/was a lot of great anime this year, and honestly it's hard to make such a call. Especially given the fact that (say it with me now) there were an rear end-TON of great anime shows this year. It'd be like saying "David Bowie put out the best album in 2016! gently caress you, half-deaf poo poo-munchers who also enjoy a little piss on the side!" last year. I mean, it was a pretty drat good record and a reminder that Mister Jones was an insanely talented man who also surrounded himself with equal parts talented and hard-working musicians, but it honestly was not the best record from 2016, even if it was a strong contender.

It was me. I did that statement about Bowie's record, especially after I saw it get snubbed against the least interesting record Twenty One Pilots made. I also may have or may have not also thrown my shoes at an amp in an impotent display of disagreement against "those skull-hosed dipshits" from Billboard. :cripes: Don't pull a Wark, Colonel. Be a better Goon... I mean Goonette. :D

no i'm going to say that i really like the thing a lot

this was a really good year for anime but houseki no kuni is the best thing i've seen this year, imo, and i hold it in really really high regard. it knocked lwa and girls last tour off the number one spot in my top five, and i wish to say it

The Colonel fucked around with this message at 23:31 on Dec 23, 2017

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
poo poo, I forgot to include that last part! :cheeky:

Like, yeah, if it's your favorite anime of this year, I totally understand that. Hell, I can objectively say that it kicked the asses of what was going to be my 3rd and 4th place on the top 5 thing, but I'm not sure if it's "Best Anime of all time" material.

Oh, well. You already quoted my post.

littleorv
Jan 29, 2011

It's rakugo

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

wark are you okay

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer
Rakugo S2 or LoL should win anime of the year. I’d throw my vote down hard for Rakugo, but I can understand why people would choose LoL over it

Strange Quark
Oct 15, 2012

I Failed At Anime 2022
Rakugo not even cracking the top ten was the biggest snub of last year's vote.

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
im only halfway through LoL so i need to finish that but right now it's March Lion S1 for me

littleorv
Jan 29, 2011

Rakugo is for sophisticated gentlemen like myself

*tips fedora

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

Shorts should be counted separately so that Nobunaga no Shinobi wins

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
me irl

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Stairmaster posted:

wark are you okay
Aside from the fact that both my daughter and yours truly just engulfed four ridiculously-sized burgers and we are, as a result, stuffed, everything is super in Casa Say. :)

I missed her terribly because it's just not the same thing to Skype once or twice a week than it is to actually hang out with her. Also, that new Will Smith movie on Netflix does not suck completely, so yeah.

Ranzear
Jul 25, 2013

Gemfriends, Konosuba, Garo, something else I forget, and one ironic vote for Berserk.

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

littleorv posted:

Rakugo is for sophisticated gentlemen like myself

*tips fedora

orv coming with the hip new memes

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

Wark Say posted:

Do it. For real. It's worth it. Hell, if you sign up for Anime Strike, Scum's Wish and Princess Principal are also there.

:whitewater:

tsob
Sep 26, 2006

Chalalala~
Having just started Garo: Vanishing Line is there really no thread for it, or for the Garo franchise given that it seems to basically be continuous? Was it just not popular enough to sustain conversation or something?

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild
Garo started as a tokusatsu series, and has had a few sequels since.

tsob
Sep 26, 2006

Chalalala~

Julias posted:

Garo started as a tokusatsu series, and has had a few sequels since.

I'm aware. I've seen several of the tokusatsu shows and considered asking this in the the toku thread for that reason. I fell off over time since some of the sequels weren't that great but I hear Vanishing Line and the original anime are good so I'm jumping back in. I'm just curious if it's that unpopular or something? It presumably could have it's own separate thread since some of the older toku shows did if I recall and I'm pretty sure the first anime season did too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

I feel like it's just that these days there have been more and more decent shows not getting a thread of their own, that's all.

• Locked thread