Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying

Moltrey posted:

e: I'm gonna get back to Eccentric Family cause I loved that a lot despite only watching like six episodes and then rewatch March Lion to let this Season get further underway
a good choice

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007

kater posted:

I forgot that there was even a season of eccentric family recently because I watched the first episode and the looming threat of that horrible bird lady coming back made me not want to watch more.
If you don't like Benten you'll probably like season 2.

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
If you wear a lab coat it's science, if you wear a robe and possibly a fancy hat it's magic, duh.

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
I don't know what you're talking about, looks like the same cheerful dog as ever to me. Are you feeling okay?̗͚͈̥͕̿̈̀̂

Sindai fucked around with this message at 17:58 on Oct 3, 2017

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
Skidding into a ditch and ending the world.

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007

Homura and Sickle posted:

the gimmick of juuni taisen according to early screenings is the pov changes every episode
This is exactly what I was hoping for after the first episode. :toot:

Irritated Goat posted:

UQ Holder was OK. I don't remember there being a super amount of fanservice
I have bad news: someone has stolen most of your memories of UQ Holder.

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
This episode of Kino no Tabi brought to you by the NRA

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
I'm most of the way through the first season of Yuuki Yuuna and I was expecting dark but I wasn't expecting it to be outright cosmic and body horror. :gonk:

EDIT: Kind of a disappointing ending. Madoka convinced me Homura's obsessive insanity was sufficient to change the world, this show not so much.

Sindai fucked around with this message at 10:05 on Oct 7, 2017

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
Ancient Magus Bride: Oh my god please tell me "sleigh beggy" is not the official localization.

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
The scans I read always used "slay vega," which sounds a million times better. :shrug:

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
Speaking of pronouns, it took me a while to notice that Land of the Lustrous keeps things strictly gender neutral.

Also i forgot how much humorous dismemberment there is in it.

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
Actually, she was an office lady and quit to play games full time.

I really like the setting and art of Children of the Whale but the story was not what I was hoping for.

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
If you liked episode 2 you should really watch the first series. It was 2 episodes there and they had to cut a ton of good stuff to fit it into 1.

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
I had no idea Kino had any recurring characters other than Kino and Hermes, that explains a lot.

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
I somehow didn't notice until this episode but when the gems in Lustrous touch each other or stone they make clunking noises.

Also I can't believe there are two shows airing simultaneously with characters named Bort.

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007

dogsicle posted:

people still bring up the scanline filter on it being awful, but that's about the only thing i hear mentioned negatively.
That was intentional? I thought it was some weird encode playback issue since the series was relatively old. What a bizarre choice.

And yeah that was pretty much the only bad thing about it.

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
Yeah, it's surprisingly interesting. Like 90% of the time it's characters talking about other recent shows with one letter changed, but there's some kind of plot involving a talking cat slowly building in the other 10%.

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
I thought that sounded familiar.

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
Judging from the OP and what's happened so far the anime is cutting lots of stuff so that it can assemble the full harem quicker. Which is a shame because I liked the early setting stuff.

Also they have to censor every fight because the main character frequently takes advantage of his immortality and gets messily dismembered.

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
I mean, it says "soldier" on it. They wouldn't lie.

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
I watched like 1.5 of the adaptations and then read the manga starting when they teleport to magic world.

I'll never know what happens in the middle.

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
Those two and the SM couple are the reasons I'm watching Two Car.

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
Me watching In This Corner of the World: :sun::ohdear::smith::smithicide::unsmith:

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
I hope someone gifs it

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
Citrus gets a lot better after they actually start dating but one season might not get that far.

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
The world of the Fate spinoff stuff (except Apocrypha) is incredibly bizarre. Like the Moon is a giant ancient magic computer that has copies of everything that has ever happened in it, and everything takes place in there. What connection does this have to FSN? Absolutely none.

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007

iospace posted:

For those of you interested in Yuki Yuna, E7 is the start of the sequel arc.
Turns out it's just a recap of the first series though, so don't bother if you remember it.

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
I think Walk On Girl literally has characters from Tatami Galaxy in it? If not they're incredibly similar.

It's great either way.

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
Konohana Kitan is super good.

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
I can't believe we somehow got two Yuasa movies in one month. Can we do this every month from now on?

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
We even got a real Blame! adaptation! This year was incredible.

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
boo

booooooo

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
Yeah I never saw how any of that was supposed to be a good thing, considering the story was all about how horrifying it was for the girls.

Rangpur posted:

Don't get me wrong, I'm fascinated, but it's in large part because I got precisely none of that from watching the original series.
Well, none of that was in the first series, but what was plenty to understand what was going on in the setting.

Sindai fucked around with this message at 19:42 on Dec 4, 2017

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
He was actually credited as "gun consultant" on the SAO anime, so I guess he was a fan.

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007

a kitten posted:

The Anime Island of Dr. Moreau?
Kemono Enemies?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JzukzZxfdWQ
It's by the same author as Arachnid, but instead of people with bug superpowers fighting it's people with mammal superpowers.

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
It took 11 episodes but Animegataris finally delivered on the plot it teased in episode 1 and got incredibly meta.

I liked the scene where the sides of the frame slowly slide inward until it's 4:3 and then when a character tries to walk out the side she almost falls into the endless abyss.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007

a kitten posted:

Practice your favorite anime picking skills early here.

https://twitter.com/AnimeNewsNet/status/943883071174074368
There's like 8 I would check if I could. Good year.

• Locked thread