Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mentat Radnor
Apr 24, 2008

~Water flowers every day~

Julias posted:

:siren:March Comes in Like a Lion Season 2 (3-gatsu no Lion 2)

:siren:Kino no Tabi: The Beautiful World - the Animated Series (Kino's Journey: The Beautiful World)

Kujira no Kora wa Sajou ni Utau (Children of the Whales )

:siren:Love Live! Sunshine!! 2nd Season

:siren:Mahoutsukai no Yome (The Ancient Magus' Bride)

:siren:Osomatsu-san 2 (Mr. Osomatsu 2)

Shoujo Shuumatsu Ryokou (Girls' Last Tour)

Osake wa Fuufu ni Natte kara

Ballroom e Youkoso (Welcome to the Ballroom) - Thread

I'm watching all of these for sure. Packed season, looks great!

Other things that look potentially interesting are the Old Dude Robot Hero thing, the Netoge NEET lady, and hot springs fox girls slice of life, but I can't tell how good or trash they'll be from the PVs so I'll hold off unless people are saying good things about them after a few episodes. Old Dude Hero anime at least looks like the animation will be very pretty.

Someday I'll get around to watching the first season of BBB . . .

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mentat Radnor
Apr 24, 2008

Moltrey posted:

but im sorry i really liked this show

There is no need to feel sorry for really liking the best show of 2017, and also that show's OP/ED musics.

Seriously, anyone reading this who hasn't at least given March Comes in like a Lion a shot should really check it out. Even if you're not enthused with the premise of "Sad boy plays professional Shogi, and the awesome people around him slowly pull him out of his depressive headspace and help him become a Real Human Being", SHAFT has done such an impeccable job of adapting the award-winning manga that it's still worth watching just for the art, sound, directing, and voice acting.

I'm more excited about season 2 than anything else coming up. 16 more days.

Mentat Radnor
Apr 24, 2008

Hargrimm posted:

Thanks, that's kind of a bummer. I basically just want there to be a new Flying Witch every season, that show was so fantastic, like medical-grade relaxation and chill times.

Yeah, I was also hoping that Konohana would be Non Non Biyori levels of innocent, and I was summarily disappointed by the first episode. It's still cute, and the setting is very pretty and reminiscent of the inn from Spirited Away with all of the fantasy creatures/side characters, but the main characters just weren't interesting or substantial enough to hook me into a second episode.

Mentat Radnor
Apr 24, 2008

Solefald posted:

First episode of The Ancient Magus' Bride was disappointing. I haven't read the Manga but it feels like the first episode was badly rushed. The character's relationships felt so forced and unnatural and it really sucks.

I also haven't read the manga, but I watched the 3-episode prequel OVA for the first time right before watching the first episode of the show today. I'm not sure if you've seen the OVA episodes, but I feel like the backstory in them really helped me understand why Chise acts and feels the way that she does. If I hadn't seen them I would probably share your feelings, but as it is I loved the first episode and can't wait for more.

Mentat Radnor
Apr 24, 2008

I like the new Kino show.

Just not as much as I like the old Kino show, at least so far. I'm still looking forward to seeing stories that weren't in the original. Giant moving country that runs over your fields while you get to stare at their children's artwork was a cool episode with a very good Kino punchline.

Mentat Radnor
Apr 24, 2008

a kitten posted:

Hey i've been slacking on starting Ancient Magus' Bride. Do i start with those OAVs on crunchyroll first, or start with the regular episodes and come back to them?

Any which way is probably fine, but I'm glad that I watched the OVAs first. The first episode of the series would have felt even more :wtc: than it did if I didn't have the context and characterization from the OVAs.

Mentat Radnor
Apr 24, 2008

I'm gonna watch Mitsuboshi Colors and you can't stop me.

This season is pleasant. Mostly keeping up with 3-gatsu, Ballroom, Magus Bride, and Girls' Last Tour. Whales show is something that I want to check out when I get time, but my raging Path of Exile addiction is limiting me a bit.

Mentat Radnor
Apr 24, 2008

I can't see myself choosing anything but March comes in like a Lion and Showa Genroku Rakugo Shinju for top two.

There has been so many good series this year though! Little Witch Academia, Made in Abyss, ACCA, MHA season 2, Kemono Friends, Girls Last Tour, and Ballroom are all top-5 contenders for me.

I haven't had time to watch more than an episode each of Guru Guru, MMO junkie, and Princess Principal but even based on that glance they all look good enough that I want to finish them eventually.

Mentat Radnor
Apr 24, 2008

Wark Say posted:

I wanted to like MarchLion, but I'm not ready for a feels train. It's like the biggest goddamn feels train, isn't it?

There's certainly sadness and strife, but also a lot of hope and recovery and personal growth. And a surprisingly high amount of comedy!

It also helps that it's drat gorgeous and charmingly well voice-acted (as expected from SHAFT and the VA cast, but I'm still impressed).

Mentat Radnor
Apr 24, 2008

*starts breathing quickly*

Lemon-Lime posted:

Don't get hype for baseless speculation.

*tries to breathe slower*

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mentat Radnor
Apr 24, 2008

Ballroom has had some fantastic moments with fantastic animation.

It's a drat shame they couldn't seem to find the time to animate more of the actual dancing like that. It feels like 90% of their animation resources went into 5% of the runtime. I'm still enjoying it though.

• Locked thread