Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
kater
Nov 16, 2010

I was trying to make a list but I couldn't. There's just so much stuff. So much. I'm very eager to see if how the CG shows look (please let Infini-T actually be good), if the garbage pantsu comedies are good (there are a few from previously good ones creators!), if all the sequels are as great as they should be, if Food Wars has an actual story arc this season, if Osomatsu has another episode that has to be redacted, if the alcoholism show is an enabler, will Children of the Whales be the most unpleasant overly-dramatic poo poo ever, etc.

Also pre-emptive blind pick of Net-juu as best show of the season.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kater
Nov 16, 2010

Sefal posted:

Awesome. I like to binge shows, So i'll probably watch Overlord in spring

I mean it's either that or don't.

kater
Nov 16, 2010

I forgot that there was even a season of eccentric family recently because I watched the first episode and the looming threat of that horrible bird lady coming back made me not want to watch more.

kater
Nov 16, 2010

VostokProgram posted:

e: does anyone want to do a double stream of shoushitsu and die hard for Christmas

In VR with one on each eyeball?

kater
Nov 16, 2010

Wait what. It's a penguin how can it...

I should watch whatever the heck.

kater
Nov 16, 2010

Grouchio posted:

Hooray for Index Season 3!

I thought this was a joke and laughed.

kater
Nov 16, 2010

I'm not sure I remember what happened in the last episode of Bahumut. Like I know I watched it, but uh. I guess everyone worked together to defeat Bahamut probably. Really?

The show was sooooo good, and really it was... so good. I loved how they just had extended gorgeous animation sequences that rode on these epic music compositions. It's hard to just not loving love it. But yeah like the back half of the back half was really just kinda whatever. Managed to be both slow and rushed at the same time.

kater
Nov 16, 2010

Everything Burrito posted:

It's nice that they're getting all these OVAs

They even got the Gamers OVA and aired it immediately after the final episode for some reason.

kater
Nov 16, 2010

Well someone should have stopped em then.

kater
Nov 16, 2010

King's Game reminds me of The Lost Village from a year or so ago. Never finished that, did it turn out cool? Last I remembered was the main character running away from a Macy's Parade float, which sounds pretty cool to me.

King's Game sucks.

kater
Nov 16, 2010

The first ep of Just Because is probably my most favorite episode of anything ever and I'm scared to watch more. Like holy hell it is goood.

kater
Nov 16, 2010

I thought the first ep was gorgeous and the only thing I noticed silly about the second was the fish tank.

kater
Nov 16, 2010

Wait someone dislikes Inami? Really? She doesn't have an arc? Besides like the plot of the series you mean right?

kater
Nov 16, 2010

The drunk wife show would be so much better if the husband was the naked roommate from food wars.

kater
Nov 16, 2010

I think I hate the latest episode of Black Clover more than anything I've ever seen. I don't even know where to start and the thing I hate most of all is that I am going to continue watching it.

kater
Nov 16, 2010

Yeah main girl just wanting a drat job was a nice touch that doesn't come through in the description.

kater
Nov 16, 2010

Man I really liked the first episode of Inuyashiki. The OP was cool and Not-grandpa was really cute and fun and had a good time. I was hoping for fun robot adventures with the other guy on the hill.

Weeelp.

kater
Nov 16, 2010

In the words of Geddy Lee senpai, if you choose not to decide you still have made a choice.

kater
Nov 16, 2010

Kashuno posted:

Just now getting to sit down and watch Juni Taisen and thank gently caress they killed the boar immediately

Seems pretty daft to arm yourself with guns after spending your childhood outrunning bullets.

kater
Nov 16, 2010

March Lion
Black Clover
Blend S
Land of the Lustrous
Inuyashiki
Just Because
Juuni Taisen
Kino
Konohana Kitan
Love Live
Magus Bride
My NEET Story
King's Game
Food Wars
Girls Last Tour
Idolmaster M
Two Car

And still watching Ballroom

And still not seen a ton of stuff that is probably really good.

Mmm not too much.

kater
Nov 16, 2010

I guess CR has just trained me to tune out something that looks like that.

kater
Nov 16, 2010

You don't need to include a grand treatise on whatever to make something that is approachable and comfortable.

Oh look that was already said. Like it's not wrong that people can set themselves up for disappointment I guess, I just don't think anyone has done that and also think the rocks show has done enough already that someone appreciating it isn't bizarre.

kater fucked around with this message at 08:36 on Oct 25, 2017

kater
Nov 16, 2010

Sigh... Guru Guru is pretty good.

kater
Nov 16, 2010

The neatest thing about rock nongirls is they kind of solved the worst thing about cgi models, the bad hair. Like it is still kind of really weird looking and definitely overcompensating, but you can just pretend that's cuz it is goddamn rock. I love how the show looks.

kater
Nov 16, 2010

I just watched this trash documentary show about Amy Fisher and Joey Butafuoco and the whole time I was anticipating the story about John & Loraine Bobbet.

I unno, they should make an anime about it.

kater
Nov 16, 2010

I just assumed they meant the creators?

kater
Nov 16, 2010

Land of Lustrous Tier List:

Benitoite
Ulrichite
Bort
Uraninite
Diamond
Emerald
Sapphire
Usoro
Tungsten
Amethyst

kater
Nov 16, 2010

Still shocked how good Guru Guru is. Curious what else I've missed out on now.

kater
Nov 16, 2010

AnacondaHL posted:

A Sister is All You Need - gently caress YOOOOUUU.

Apparently if you survive more than seven seconds into this show it goes to absolutely insane places before revealing itself to be the main character's draft of an anime or something. The show is probably still trash, but I kind of respect the... willingness to make people run away screaming?

kater
Nov 16, 2010

Man the main character of Anime=gataris looks like a mop died on her head. It's a nice show though.

kater
Nov 16, 2010

Was Dive!! anything? Did anyone watch it?

kater
Nov 16, 2010

This is funny because if you would have asked me to pick out the problems with the ep it would have been some ugly closeups and two or three truly bizarre middle distance full figure shots of what must have been three foot tall women in cupboard size rooms. You probably can just pick something randomly and it was poor.

And I don't think it is actually a problem at all. If the entire series has to be as gruesome as that picture of sloppy joes as a sacrifice for the first episode, well worth it.

kater
Nov 16, 2010

Food Wars has been really good this season. If you maybe fell off the second season for being a pretty banal tourney, this season actually has plot!

kater
Nov 16, 2010

Is that a sequel to the other seven deadly sins? Dope dope dope. That and another season long single race of bicycling, can't wait.

kater
Nov 16, 2010

I like the new version of Kino for the most part so this isn't really a criticism but it is pretty funny that it is airing same season as Girl's Last Tour which is so much better at channeling the original Kino's vibe.

kater
Nov 16, 2010

I watched it cuz of you two people mentioning it and gently caress the caveats, I Love The Smell Of My Little SISTER or whatever it is called is an actually good show. Parts of it remind me of Golden Time from a few years ago, where it's a bunch of semi-adults bungling their way through life, parts remind me of something like Shimoneta where it is lewd as gently caress but pretty drat funny about it.

Also I'm pretty sure it is constantly taking the piss out of Eromanga Sensei and if you could stomach that this is so much better.

kater
Nov 16, 2010

Princess Principle was really good but the first episode is kind of chaff unrelated to anything and I definitely remember having similar thoughts. The second episode is the best of the show.

kater
Nov 16, 2010

Any time the characters put on their makeup they need to be published in a different magazine.

kater
Nov 16, 2010

Someone please stop those children.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kater
Nov 16, 2010

I think the second cour of March did a lot to cool me on the show. Like it was still really really good, but not the straight fire the first dozen eps were.

Probably still the best anime since Honey & Clover.

• Locked thread