Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
I don't know what I'm gonna watch, and that's exciting as hell.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
I liked the First Season of Yuuki Yuuna. Have not seen or read literally any of the side stories / movies / whatever. Are they cool?

I re-watched MadoMagi Rebellion recently, and Mami vs Homura has made me unsure that any other Magical Girl show is going to make me feel the way again (not even Symphogear :eng99:)

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
Didn't 12 Wars get confirmed for Crunchyroll?

Also, if you have Crunchy, watch Blade Runner 2022 Black Out. Short, (bitter) Sweet and Rad.

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tgbNymZ7vqY&t=156s

:mad:

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

VostokProgram posted:

i just had a terrifying thought. what if the jj your name movie gets scored by hans zimmer
Eh. :geno:

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
Sorry if this is from last season, but since the Summer Thread is closed, I'll post it here: Due to the heavy rain, I couldn't sleep, so I binged through the 2nd half of Classroom of the Elite. I don't think I actually watched episode 11 and 12 before actually falling asleep due to its offensive blandness. To cleanse my palate after waking up today, I started re-watching My Bride is a Mermaid. Which I wholeheartedly recommend you guys do.

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Davincie posted:

thats some classic anime
My Bride is a Mermaid is legit one of my fave comedy anime.

dogsicle posted:

I'm very confused about what classroom of the elite is because it got featured in a sakuga reel for some intense hand-to-hand combat in a rainy forest
dogsicle: In Episode 11, there's a fight between the Female MC and a girl from a different class. While there's a reason for the whole scrap, the fight itself and the surprisingly fluid action is hilariously / completely unrepresentative from the rest of the show.

Moltrey posted:

All I know about Classroom of the Elite is that my friends recommended it to me, saying it was "a hidden gem" of the season but none of them could explain the premise in detail or what was interesting or good about it and it left me :thunk: This isn't passing judgement but it was crazy how despite my questions, these guys could not tell me anything concrete.

the uniforms keep reminding me of kakegurui

e: I'm gonna get back to Eccentric Family cause I loved that a lot despite only watching like six episodes and then rewatch March Lion to let this Season get further underway

have fun watching anime everyone
I said it (or something like that) in the Summer thread: The premise is basically as if Oregairu and BakaTest had a baby, and at a glance, that seems ok. Sadly, said baby then grows up watching stuff like SAO or the Irregular at Magic High School and thinking "YES, THIS IS THE BE-ALL-END-ALL OF ANIME".

But seriously, it's an incredibly mediocre anime.

e: Grammar.

Wark Say fucked around with this message at 23:14 on Sep 28, 2017

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Moltrey posted:

I only understand the second half of this post which furthers confirm my theory that this show is some weird black hole where it cannot be described or measured
OK, remember Assassination Classroom / BakaTest and how they place students in classes according to how well they performed in the entrance exam with the best students in class A and the "defective" students are in Class E / F? Basically a way shittier version of that.

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
12 Wars is one of the few NisiOisin novels I haven't read and I'm kinda wondering if a 12 episode anime (4 hours and 48 minutes, on average) is the right thing to do. Of course, Kizumonogatari was a relatively short novel but the three movies in total have a running time slightly above 3 and a half hours, and yet it was still quite the ride.

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
What I like about Nisio is that he's not afraid of being what one of my lifelong friends calls a H.E.N. = Happy Ending Naysayer

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
It's a mixed bag. I like a bunch of things about Nisio, but chief among them is that he seems like he's all for variety for the places his novels can go. Also, conversations between his characters. The endings his stories have often feel less like an asspull than some other authors. Like Katanagatari or the Okitegami Kyoko series. I'm hoping 12 Wars turns out good.

Bump of Chicken are pretty drat mellow as far as j-rock goes, but sometimes the mellowness works.

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
So season threads can also get weird. Huh.

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
Yeah, watch March. It's a keeper. Also, a friend compared Akiyuki Shinbo's name still being there to the whole "Steven Spielberg Presents" being a thing on Amblin 90's cartoons. Which I thought ruled as a comparison.

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
Didn't the Log Horizon anime also air in one of these blocks? I remember hearing that a bunch of content got changed to make the show G / PG.

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
HUSTLE OF THE MUSCLE! :black101:

Moltrey posted:

season 2 of nozaki kun when
It's basically become the Comedy-driven anime that I watch at least twice a year (I used to do that with Kokoro Connect). A second season would be highly appreciated, though I fear that is no longer doable. :(

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
Well, that's because Mamare Touno is not a loving fraud (temporary tax evasion notwithstanding).

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
I was about to write a joke about how Kawahara suffers from metaphorical constipation and IBS when compared to someone like Nisio Isin who seems like a much healthier pooper on average. Then I realized the joke was going to be gross so I stopped.

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Waffleman_ posted:

The producers of Friday Night Lights are attached.
Does that mean we're getting more Explosions in the Sky doing OST? Because I'd be down for more Explosions in the Sky doing OST work. :)

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
Wait, aside from some spots (in which it'd be monumentally lovely to stop), pretty much the rest of the arcs for the first part of Index all sorta bleed into one another. Does this mean 3rd season's going to cover Academy City's Dark Side Gang War / God's Right Seat / Europe's Civil War / World War 3 arc? I don't think my body is ready. :magical:

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

nielsm posted:

Railgun is a manga written by someone else, to fill in blanks left by the main Index LN's. It still follows the same canon, but it's pretty obvious it's a different author.
Actually, no: Kazuma Kamachi is just rock-gently caress insane about writing.

When asked how he can write so much, he said:

quote:

"If I don’t keep writing, I’ll crash. Like an airplane."

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

iospace posted:

Railgun is much better, for reasons outlined above. S3 would be bonkers and I would greatly look forward to Demon Mikoto
You mean Misaka BEST WORST

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

UnderFreddy posted:

Whoever voices the MC in black clover is absolutely awful. Such a shame, was looking forward to the show
From what I learned, it seems that the VA is an absolute newbie. Huh.

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

cosmo321 posted:

Maka was great.
Yeah. Maka (and her VA, Chiaki Omigawa) was great. But to this day, I remain very ambivalent towards Kouki Uchiyama (Soul's VA). Like, sometimes he fits just fine, but other times it feels like he'd rather be elsewhere instead of doing voice work.

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Allarion posted:

Also since Katanagatari did a similar thing with an episode for each sword
But Katanagatari mostly sticks with Togame and Shichika.

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
Neo Yokio was many things. A deconstruction is not one of them.

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Moltrey posted:

it was many things, most of all, Good.
Ezra, is that you?

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
Man, upon rewatching Zodiac War's First Episode, all I keep thinking is "The Story is gonna show us that the Awful Boar Lady is right and Monkey is the worst of the bunch, isn't it?" I mean, the Big Brother Dragon just took his deceased younger brother's jewel like nothing, the Boar lady pushed her little sister to commit mass murder and then kill herself and Rabbit seems like a parody of Hisoka, but yeah, the pantsless Girl Scout is evil to the core. Oh boy oh boy.

Also watched the MMO Elite NEET Lady show. And from the OP and the rest of the episode, it seems like she just couldn't handle the pressure and decided to give up. Which honestly is a heckuva lot better than to succumb to Karoshi.

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
Thanks for putting that behind spoilers, Allarion. I've been trying to steer clear from spoilers for the past few months.

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
Ah, ok then.

Darth Walrus posted:

I think it'd be nice if the monkey-girl isn't super-evil, for the very simple reason that it's the less obvious way for things to go. Being more cunning than she lets on seems a given, but it'd be nice if there's some genuine decency there.

dogsicle posted:

the monkey stuff struck me more as personal or ideological, so she may not be exactly as bad as boar would have you expect. people were agreeing to her plan when she's presumably a known entity like ox etc. so her reputation can't be that awful.
I hope so. I like Nisio Isin as an author (even if the motherfucker gives me whiplash sometimes), because he seems genuinely into writing and having some loving fun with his given medium, as opposed to other authors who are content with barely even trying the bear rear end minimum.

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
Julias, I respect that you edited your post, but I'm only gonna say this once: Motherfucker, you have homework right now. :colbert:

(And I mean "Motherfucker" in the most affectionate of ways, of course. :blush:)

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
Fair enough. We cool then, buddy. :)

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Everything Burrito posted:

He fights an entire train later on in the manga
Fighting through a train full of people is a lost art. :(

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Postal Parcel posted:

How many series has Nisio teamed up with Akatsuki Akira at this point? Is he the manga version of Shinbo to Nisio now?
Medaka Box, Shounen Shoujo, Juuni Taisen Manga and part of the Oogiri anthology. Besides, Katanagatari is better (beyond the Kizu movies), and there's no Shinbo SIMBO involved there.

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

dogsicle posted:

technically there's no shinbo involved in -gatari either. he's either credited as chief director to someone else's director credit, or director to someone else's series director credit.
:crossarms:

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Fangz posted:

I'm glad dies irae sucks.
:mmmsmug:

The Colonel posted:

actually watch all of bbb and then jump on bbb&b

i'm gonna die on this loving hill
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iXkYFkTIEXw

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
Big Breasted Beauty

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

dogsicle posted:

i'm gonna recommend everyone watch the first 90 seconds of the imouto show
:yikes:

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
I don't mind Umaru. It makes me appreciate the healthy relationship I have with my immediate family (meaning my parents and my adopted daughter) and I never ever wish somebody to have to care for a person like Umaru because living with someone like that is emotionally exhausting.

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
My Tsukkomi. :heysexy:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Everything Burrito posted:

by all means, let's do what 4chan and reddit do
C'mon Burrito, you often read like a reasonable person. Don't do this.

Juuni Taisen EP 2: Mad Dog or not, but poor sod should've known better. That last scene with Zombie Boar made me immediately go "Hitchcock shout-out!" :3:. Also, Ox is giving me Shin Megami Tensei III and IV Matador flashbacks and I don't know why, but I kinda sympathize with how horse dude went from relief to overwhelming horror in like 3 seconds :) "Hey, it's the Ox dude! He seems like a rational fe-- oh poo poo, he's in murder-trance Saito Hajime mode PARRYPARRYPARRYPARRYPARRYFUCK!" :stonk:

Moltrey posted:

Juuni Taisen - Episode 2: Still enjoying it, they're not afraid to spend a large amount of time on dialogue and character interaction. There was a couple of cute character moments and the ED does some lifting there as well. The animation's still super good too, i really enjoy those thick-rear end lines. Looks like they'll be going into Episode 3 with some alliances and fights forming, so I'm surprisingly optimistic

Ep 2 spoilers I hope they don't keep being quite as predictable with who's gonna get axed, I was honestly hoping Episode 2 would end with no new deaths. I also hope the viewpoint character doesn't keep biting it in the end.
I totally get where you're coming from. So far, it kinda reminds me of Psycho-Pass' 1st Season, in which, save for a couple of episodes, the bursts of action often felt like the conclusion of all the time spent on dialogue and character interaction (plus all the Book / Theater club recommendations it often delved into, because Urobuchi gotta buchi :smuggo:)

Regarding your spoilers taking into account that one fourth of the combatants are officially dead (Rabbit-fuckery notwithstanding), I'm thinking that a variation of the formula is inevitable.

• Locked thread