Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Space Flower
Sep 10, 2014

by Games Forum

VostokProgram posted:

I'll be on vacation for a week in December...

e: does anyone want to do a double stream of shoushitsu and die hard for Christmas

toradora or bust

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Space Flower
Sep 10, 2014

by Games Forum
Thank god for piracy

Space Flower
Sep 10, 2014

by Games Forum

The Colonel posted:

uh I don't think

hehe... you said it

Space Flower
Sep 10, 2014

by Games Forum

Rangpur posted:

"Behold! Our setting, the city of scientific wonder and esper research! Now forget all about that and focus on wizard politics instead!" The whole thing came off like the writer was wildly flailing about for ideas. That said, I'm inclined to give season 3 a shot since it sounds like the author gradually found his footing as time went on.

everything in quote marks is the author's footing. railgun is more grounded because of its localized setting within academy city and focus on schoolgirls. villains in index are reality-warping wizards who want to wield ancient mythological concepts and reshape the world. villains in railgun are sexy scientists. the latter's theme is good because you can have crazy scientist, scientist with bags under eyes, scientist who wants to save her class of primary schoolers, etc.

Space Flower
Sep 10, 2014

by Games Forum
magic side has lots of good and snooty girls like laura stuart (great in the endymion specials so i hope you didn't skip those...) and lessar and her imp tail who i should think will be showing up in s3

Space Flower
Sep 10, 2014

by Games Forum
well enough made piece of poo poo if you like those

Space Flower
Sep 10, 2014

by Games Forum
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KwUghPuqNAU

Takehashi Rie. excellent

Space Flower
Sep 10, 2014

by Games Forum
i need to try the stout they drink in ep 1 before i lay out my judgment on it

Space Flower
Sep 10, 2014

by Games Forum

Ibram Gaunt posted:

That wasn't really why it got bad, it just happened in the same arc.

it felt like the 'powerlevels' went up like 3 tiers within the nurarihyon fight alone

Space Flower
Sep 10, 2014

by Games Forum
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=soeGx0Lmob4

really scratches that post-NierA itch

Space Flower
Sep 10, 2014

by Games Forum

iospace posted:

BZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZT~

desu wa

Space Flower
Sep 10, 2014

by Games Forum

Nitrousoxide posted:

It actually kind of does.

How can you actually be this wrong. What inspired you to equate chars who are nothing alike beyond "short"

Space Flower
Sep 10, 2014

by Games Forum

Space Flower
Sep 10, 2014

by Games Forum

gimme the GOD drat candy posted:

they are heavily changing the early chapters of uq holder for the anime, presumably so they can rush into the harem hijinks which wouldn't really start until like the third cour otherwise.

thank goodness

i like the random negima flashbacks

Space Flower fucked around with this message at 02:48 on Oct 20, 2017

Space Flower
Sep 10, 2014

by Games Forum

Spiritus Nox posted:

Are the angel girl and her wife in UQ Holder

They have uh kids or grandchildren or something that look just like them

Space Flower
Sep 10, 2014

by Games Forum

Kytrarewn posted:

UQ Holder is doing its level best to weasel people into buying blurays.

Perhaps it’s the fault of the broadcast censors who undermine the animator’s work

Space Flower
Sep 10, 2014

by Games Forum

Endorph posted:

well he aint my female but the sister is heavy

yeah i love imosae

Space Flower
Sep 10, 2014

by Games Forum

Nipponophile posted:

It combined the worst aspects of harem comedies with the worst aspects of shounen battlers. Of course it's going to have a fan base.

Nipplephile here is mad Akamatsu never draws the nipple

Space Flower
Sep 10, 2014

by Games Forum
the manager is talking about being moe for dark-haired nadeshiko girls in that scene, such as shinobu and hifumin

Space Flower
Sep 10, 2014

by Games Forum
same here, and they haven't even introduced the best char

Space Flower
Sep 10, 2014

by Games Forum

Araki posted:

I can't remember a single character or joke from the Working spin-off that aired last year.

(actually it's the other 3 seasons that are the spin offs.)

the delinquent mom had a lot of good gags

Space Flower
Sep 10, 2014

by Games Forum
it's not like the cloth weaving scene needs to be allocated much resources. large, scrolling stills, and reusing the assets there is fine by me, and the resolution is cute.

Space Flower
Sep 10, 2014

by Games Forum

iospace posted:

When is the second half of YuYuYu starting. I'm not watching the first half because that's the movies, but I'm interested in the 2nd.

Ought to be ep 7 starting it off

Space Flower
Sep 10, 2014

by Games Forum

Kytrarewn posted:

And yet another reason why Mahoujin Guru-Guru is one of the best of the year: It's the first time I've heard Kana Asumi's voice since her minor roles in Haifuri and Nisekoi (I don't find myself watching idol shows and never got drawn into Fox Spirit Matchmakers or whatever that show is called).

that's a strong reason. i haven't seen past ep 1 yet but might i suggest checking out Enmusubi no Youko-chan? she plays the main girl, an airheaded squeaky fox girl, which is as kana asumin a role as they come.

e: oh i guess i missed that last part of your post. well ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Space Flower
Sep 10, 2014

by Games Forum
is that an endorsement

Space Flower
Sep 10, 2014

by Games Forum

Julias posted:

It's literally the same Mangaka, so don't get your hopes up.

it's literally not

Space Flower
Sep 10, 2014

by Games Forum
I don't know much of the Citrus mangaka's other stuff but the NTR lady, Kodama Naoko, does a lot of stuff and if you were interested enough to check out Netsuzou Trap but it wasn't quite your style, you might still be interested in reading something fluffier from her like Renai Manga or Afterglow Noise.

(also, her KanColle doujinshi with Suzuya x Kumano are sweet and funny)

Space Flower
Sep 10, 2014

by Games Forum

Fangz posted:

I don't really like how they desaturated everything.

it seems like a pretty small thing your eyes would get used to right away. arent both those versions in comparison more saturated than the original, anyway

Space Flower
Sep 10, 2014

by Games Forum

Command Ant posted:

I'm enjoying Konohana Kitan, but I don't think I appreciate their tacit encouragement of running with scissors.

if they're pointed forward and you're planning to use them on the person in front of you anyways, then what's the problem

Space Flower
Sep 10, 2014

by Games Forum
next season has a ridiculous amount of appealing shows and it would just be cumbersome for me to list them all. real excited for mitsuboshi and fate extra and takagi-san and other stuff I’ve missed

Space Flower
Sep 10, 2014

by Games Forum
both hakunos show up in the anime PVs. just male hakuno has been 'confirmed' and attached to a seiyuu. only Nero has been shown of the three 'playable' servants iirc, and they've had character promos for 3 enemy servants.

if female hakuno shows up as a distinct char it's quite possible they're following the storyline of Extella/Zero, a retelling of Extra that's supposed to be the version leading into Extella, but it could be otherwise.

Space Flower
Sep 10, 2014

by Games Forum
well, that would make it not a same

Space Flower
Sep 10, 2014

by Games Forum
*leaning back in theater seat with XL popcorn* they're 26 and 16 years old, everyone

Space Flower
Sep 10, 2014

by Games Forum

dogsicle posted:

it's a sister show in title only

i remember when people said this about oreimo, rofl

Space Flower
Sep 10, 2014

by Games Forum
please do not

Space Flower
Sep 10, 2014

by Games Forum

FauxLeather posted:

it struck me as tacky espionage stuff with a cute slice of life flipside

well, that's what the show is shooting for, so if you don't like that, well,,,

Space Flower
Sep 10, 2014

by Games Forum
i'm like actively mad that all i heard about Citrus for the past year was how horrible and melodramatic it is and it's actually really good and sweet. it's a drama manga but events never spiral out of control; the arcs are all short and controlled and girls who are antagonistic today are friends tomorrow. the main character Yuzu is gung ho about her feelings and comes off as a really likeable protagonist as she tries her best to foster a warm and communicative relationship with Mei, an introverted girl who tries to be emotionally distant but gets pulled in all the time. usually in soapy stuff i see the leads always sabotaging their own relationship with hesitation/inaction but these two actually try their best and show how much they care about each other even in tumultuous moments. i don't think the stepsisters premise is a big hang-up when the main girls didn't grow up together, they meet as strangers. yeah Yuzu is often saying stuff like "I have to be a good older sister!" but it comes off to me as playing on the yuri 'sisters' trope and not an incestual undertone.

it also really didnt help that everyone who does read or like it apologetically calls it trashy or schlock. it's cool to like things, really! i havent caught up fully but I'm liking Citrus a lot so far. it owns hard and i hope the anime does too. i'm posting this here in the hopes that people will check it out and enjoy the cute gyaru lead and her antics.

lowkey a haruyuzu fan by the way. they're seriously the cutest

Space Flower
Sep 10, 2014

by Games Forum
Hello! My name is saburouta. Thank you for buying "citrus" Volume 6!

It's written on the cover's paper flap but, I have an announcement to make to everyone........ That is, Yuzu and Mei are getting mar...mar—mar—have an anime in the works!! Haaaa..... Oh no.... It seems like Yuzu and Mei will be moving and kissing. Oh no! (trembling) This is all thanks to everyone who supported us! Thank you so much~

Because Yuzu and Mei have met and reached the hands of many people, Yuzu and the others will continue to walk forward as they cry and smile. There's no other happiness. (cry) It's been a long journey but, I would be so happy if you continue to watch over these two as they continue running. And then also..... to their happy future.

Space Flower
Sep 10, 2014

by Games Forum

Yes_Cantaloupe posted:

it's real lame that (as of where I left off) a new character is introduced every few chapters who's determined to break our couple up and lies/cheats/steals to make it happen. It got boring fast, and is a large part of why I haven't read a new chapter in months. As to trashy... well, you call Mei an introverted girl, but she's also OK with hot makeouts with her "sister." And the "playing on the yuri 'sisters' trope" is itself trashy.

It's hardly the worst offender for melodrama or trashiness, and heck, I flipped open the first volume I had next to my desk to confirm my memory of the makeouts, so I obviously liked it enough to throw down money for it, but I totally get why it has the reputation it does.

the first two girls who were introduced (drill hair vice prez, and yuzu's childhood friend) did things pretty snake-ily, but past that (which is like, v3ish?) the drama comes from more nuanced directions and there's a lot of girls who aren't doing anything wrong or otherwise essentially 'breaking rules' to keep the wheels turning. And it doesn't feel very soaplike (in my low experience with melodrama) how the protag is able to resolve most of the issues by just being a pure and straightforward girl who always wants to talk things out and befriend everyone. The plot has little internal resistance to her pluckiness.

I don't think Mei's actions preclude her introversion,, her advances early on are cold and detached and part of various attempts to keep Yuzu emotionally distant. volume 1 has a darker tone in how it handles Mei but the series springboards off of it real quick and a lot of that comes from development on her end. The two advance very quickly into 'lovers' territory and their relationship builds off of every obstacle they meet and becomes stronger for it.

and again the series is just constantly fluffy and wants to show off all the chars as inherently good natured and there's all sorts of heart-warming content in every book. i like the volume ending pages in particular

Space Flower fucked around with this message at 02:21 on Nov 18, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Space Flower
Sep 10, 2014

by Games Forum

rip

• Locked thread