Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

high elf supremacy

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

hah high elves can only recruit incompetent lords if they dont pay extra

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

the dark elves managed to convince multiple high elf factions to attack me...

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

man i thought id go around the world with a hero as helves and pick up some trade agreements, but almost everyonr i encounter declares war and sends armies all the way to my island

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

wtf, i was winning a tough battle when suddenly all my guys started melee charging the enemy, is that a dark elf spell or something, it killed my top tier archer stack

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

i am, but they weren't out of ammo thats for sure. ill chalk it up to a weird bug since there were no witch elves, just morathi and a wizard

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

for some reason i cant negotiate with the major factions anymore, is this how its supposed to work?

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

cap those gates guys

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

President Ark posted:

vampire coast seems likely, they had an army list or two in some supplemental material published by GW and their actual canon leader (Luther Harkon) is mysteriously absent

theres a bunch of events that mention him and one of the freelc is called the great experiment so id say he has a drat good chance

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

bridge maps are back baby

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

every turn i become more convinced the elves were right in the war of the beard. ive never attacked these drat dwarves but every few turns 6 more stacks of them show up to be assholes

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

for the ritual, once i disrupted their final stage ones, they also never tried again

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

the high elf unique building chain in hag graef implies you use slaves >_> lazy ca

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

seriously what is this retarded grudge the dwarves got going on. still never attacked any of them, and yet another sends a dozen stacks at me

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

wow the final ritual mission is disappointingly easy, fighting of all the ritual stacks before that was harder

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

Edgar Allen Ho posted:

Does the fourth ritual automatically start war with the other mains? Me and Tyrion are now at war with my former bud Mazdamundi out of nowhere.

Also do skaven get attack ambush like beastmen? They sallied at me and it was an ambush somehow.

idk about the second q, but for the fourth every other race main faction was at perma war with me after i got there. i took a long rear end time consolidating though, so it might also have been territory based

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

anyone else not have item quests pop up? i noticed i never got the one for mazamundis first item

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

Ra Ra Rasputin posted:

Where do you find that guy, by the way.

he just shows up in the helf recruit list

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

does anyone else feel like they made the battle camera worse? even on the highest sensitivity it takes forever to zoom down to ground level

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

i figured out how to befriend people

the key is 6 skink priests stealing tech from the dark elves every turn and totally ignoring the ritual

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

Deified Data posted:

People say these games (at least TWW) are balanced with hard as the baseline difficulty for experienced players and normal as baby's first TW, but in the first game and especially in this game some of the features (if not the campaign at large) feel tooled towards normal. I'm playing on normal and two things are clear: interception armies can actually stop rituals and chaos armies can be dealt with by the ritual city's garrison if you invest in it. The ritual is less of a constant nuisance and more organically implemented when you don't have to stop everything you're doing every dozen turns or so.

these things are still true on very hard. ive seen plenty of rituals stopped by intervention armies and have manually defeated armies of up to 2 stacks with garrisons. its a hard fight but ai being dumb and walls being an insane force multiplier help a lot

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

SunAndSpring posted:

How the gently caress do you make cash money as Lizardmen? The upkeep is nuts for anything that isn't a lowly skink. I can barely maintain more than 2 stacks.

? you have several money boosting buildings in your main province city, and one in your villages. that plus the standard money building can get you to more money then you can ever spend even with just 3 provinces

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

Memnaelar posted:

So, I won't go into spoilers on the last battle, but it seems like the AI spawns the reinforcement armies really, really slowly. I finished off my first opponent about 6 or 7 minutes into the battle and then had to sit and wait 15 minutes for the reinforcements to spawn and then only found them by sending Malekith flying across the map to look for them and slooooowly draw them back to my troops.

Did anyone else have that experience? It made an otherwise epic final fight feel a bit strange when I had to yakkety-sax the opposition to get things rolling. I literally finished the battle with about ten seconds to spare out of the hour and about 40 minutes of that was spent in super-fastforward mode...

no it spawned each wave the second the one before that routed

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

what kind of friend wars another friend..

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

Tenzarin posted:

The trait system is so tight, I had a lizardman general get an insane trait for being in chaos corrupted lands for too long.

there's some annoying ones tho, like that one that gives you negatives for being in cities too long. just leads me to park my defense generals directly outside the city, without adding anything otherwise

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

give

mazdamundi

jiggle

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

mod idea: unlimited traits. right now it sucks if you defeat a legendary lord and don't get their treat cause you've already filled your max with less cool ones

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

Funky See Funky Do posted:

What's in Australia in Warhammer?

those lost isles had high elves at least, they showed up in one of my games as a rogue army and i looked em up

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

Ravenfood posted:

I did, but I also don't think I've ever brought down a tower even focus-firing it.

i managed to kill a bunch using the net spell, it works on siege towers!

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

GuardianOfAsgaard posted:

You bring your starting lords army, whatever it is at the time.

i used a rando lords army, cause she was standing right next to the point

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

Safety Factor posted:

I'm still hoping for Tenenhauin, but he's originally from Chaqua. Don't get me wrong, Kroak is 100% acceptable. I'd just love to see a lizardmen equivalent to Skarsnik's Crooked Moon. No sauruses allowed. :c00lbert: Plus, he ties in very nicely with most of the missing units like jungle swarms, salamanders, razordons, etc.

If they do Kroak, I hope they stick to his one spell and his spell tree just makes it more and more insanely powerful.

well they could do 1 for the freelc, and another for the paid dlc

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

that just makes the win condition destroy everyone though, personally i preferred the short campaign goals from tww1

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

why stop there? i had enough heroes stealing tech to get me to a consistent 300% research rate

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

Tenzarin posted:

Did you ever crash because you went over that? I had a bunch of mages for high elves and I would always crash if I stole too much technology.

yeah actually, after a while it would sometimes crash when i stole technology. like 1 in 5 turns id do it. but by then i had so much researched and they were all high level so i stopped bothering

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

im just not going to play it until they add in all the latest patch too. maybe wait for a dlc faction to get in while im at it

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

Merged resource-based unit upgrade effects into resource exploitation buildings

does this mean trade resources are going to have actual effects again?

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

didn't an actual arabian dude come in the last few times this discussion happened to say nobody cares

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

people keep bringing up the 4LL thing but im fairly sure they just said they would do 4ll instead of campaign packs. so factions like bretonnia, norsca or chaos that werent campaign packs would still not release with 4

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

Deakul posted:

Seriously though, Emperor: Battle for Dune 2 when????

hell yeah

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

how many times will this idiotic discussion be repeated