Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sprechensiesexy
Dec 26, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
There are lizards and lizard food.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sprechensiesexy
Dec 26, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Ze Pollack posted:

Tyrion is gonna have the problems of the WH1-release Empire start: please enjoy fighting nothing but your own people's tier one infantry for the first 4/5 of the game, then throw a doomstack at the target of opportunity of your choice.

guarantees that anyone playing against the High Elves is gonna have a hard time shutting them down, but playing as that person is going to get real old real fast.

you wanna High Elf, play Teclis, and make war against a delicious assortment of jerks.

Shame on you if you play Tyrion and don't immediately go to Not-Canada for a family feud. Or a nice relaxing vacation in a Brettonian resort in the Southlands

Sprechensiesexy
Dec 26, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Randarkman posted:

You'll still be running around with armies of bleakswords and dreadspears and painblades and shadowsongs and murderballads.

You can rename regiments so instead it will be sugarswords, encouragementspears and the like.

Sprechensiesexy
Dec 26, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Mordja posted:

I have a horrible confession to make. I'm looking forward to High Elves because it looks like you can make a nigh-uncrackable, elite infantry core of heavily armored and armed White Lions, Swordmasters, and Phoenix Guard that can deal with any target. Hell, take Sea Guard as your archer unit and even they'll be able to put up a fight in melee.

Sea Guard seem a massive gently caress you against Surtha Ek and his marauder horsemen/chariot legions.

Sprechensiesexy
Dec 26, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

I ride bikes all day posted:

Are there plans for Ogre Kingdoms, Tomb Kings, and Chaos Daemons? Tomb Kings are the only things even remotely as cool as Lizardmen.

I think it was mentioned somewhere that they want to end up with every army list in the 8th edition. Chaos Daemons were gonna be game 3 and the rest is up for speculation.

Given that their home region is in game 2 I expect the Tomb Kings to make an appearance rather sooner than later.

Sprechensiesexy
Dec 26, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Beer Hall Putz posted:

Legend of Total War is an arsehole, but he's still the only Youtuber worth watching, for people interested in seeing a good player taking on the highest difficulty.

Twitch is where it's at my friend. All the legendary campaigns, none of the grognards with a spearmannii obsession.

Sprechensiesexy
Dec 26, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Beer Hall Putz posted:

ElichTV (on Twitch) is worth watching. He's gotten early access fairly late, but has actually managed to keep ahead of the AI on rituals during his first campaign, and has done an excellent job of understanding the lizardmen.

Been watching him this evening. He knows what he's doing without being annoying about it.

Sprechensiesexy
Dec 26, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I look forward to killing rats, first as lizards, second as elves.

Sprechensiesexy
Dec 26, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Mukip posted:

There is nobody more elite than than xXDarkSwordKillerXx96. While you partied, he studied the blade.

Tell me, what does an elven fedora look like ?

Sprechensiesexy
Dec 26, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Pro tip: Pressing "R" makes your armies move faster on the campaign map.

Sprechensiesexy
Dec 26, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

NoNotTheMindProbe posted:

Lizardmen are Rome. They just steamroll everyone with their hastati Skinks and principes Saurus plus they have dinosaurs as well and super powerful wizards coz why the gently caress not?

Also fun to note, that geomancy stance gives your Saurus vanguard deployment :getin:

Sprechensiesexy
Dec 26, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

toasterwarrior posted:

Holy poo poo the auto-resolve dynamics between Lizardmen and Skaven are ridiculous. I ran a level 2 garrison plus emergency lord against two stacks of Skaven; the Saurus lord killed 900-something rats and won a Pyrrhic, what the gently caress.

This is in general. I auto resolved a skaven vs. dark elf battle. The skaven general ended up killing 400+ dark elfs.

Also, basic dark elf infantry is hot garbage.

Sprechensiesexy
Dec 26, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Ammanas posted:

How do you aim spells?

Hold the left mouse button

Sprechensiesexy
Dec 26, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Today I found out you can cast Net of Amyntok on flying units. RIP that Chaos lord on his dragon and the manticores when they got grounded in the middle of my Saurus spearmen.

edit: It's also quite obvious at this point that someone went "Guys, we ran out of Lizardmen names! Someone grab me a Dutch dictionary"

Sprechensiesexy fucked around with this message at 20:59 on Sep 30, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sprechensiesexy
Dec 26, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Deakul posted:

The menu music isn't changed to spooky scary skeletons, the gently caress is this bullshit

I look forward to swarms of chariots and eye laser statues to crush some rats.