Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

Do not trust in hope- it will betray you! Only faith and hatred sustain.

Oh God two days til release and I had to uninstall the first so I could fit the second

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

Whorelord posted:

Choice legend of total war quote: "orcs remind me of aborigines, they both just gently caress up places and poo poo everywhere"

the battle of ork's drift

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

always be closing posted:

I watched a couple videos on PartyElites YouTube channel of the online battles in tw:w2, it looks really fun. Will this game be worth buying if all I want to do is play those types of matches?

Do the online lobbies generally devolve into constant queues into cheesy broken builds?

Game looks awesome, almost like what I'd imagine a digital version of the table top game to look like.

MP isn't super popular and there are some cheese builds, but you can usually get a game and there's a discord full of goons who do MP- we just finished up a tournament, in fact

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

Mukip posted:

There is nobody more elite than than xXDarkSwordKillerXx96. While you partied, he studied the blade.

pretty sure dark elves do a lot of partying

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

Strategic AI is pretty dire but the tactical AI is actually really good

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

Specifically, the AI that governs the factions on the turn based big map is bad, the AI that controls units in battle is good

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

Darkrenown posted:

So is this just like a super expansion of TW:W with new races and a new map, or are there large mechanical differences? E.g. if I would rather play as the Empire should I just get the first game?

They're putting out a combined map within a month or so and old races are gonna be in for MP/custom battles day 1, but the combined campaign isn't going to be as in-depth. You do need the first game to get combined map or access to them in MP, IIRC

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

Honestly if you like the first game races more and don't care about MP I'd buy 1 and wait for 2 to go on sale

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

Tardcore posted:

same, but I have no obligations and plenty of caffeine.

I'm telling myself this is a really bad idea

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

I have so much stuff going on Thursday, but at least most of it involves actually interacting with friends so it'll be almost as good

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

Part of it is for a boardgame night so I clearly just need to bring Warhammer Diskwars

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

Was that Chakrax they were referencing in the intro?

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

How much attention do I need to pay to the ritual race? I got a bit behind and am trying to get everything up and running, should I be taking whacks at the other rituals?

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

Yeah it seems like the tactical AI is a step backwards for some reason

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

Wind Blast in heavens is stupidly good, it mulches like an entire unit of helf archers in one shot. I don't even have the gates down in this siege battle and my skink priest has like 300 kills already

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

My starting skink priest is practically at level cap and regularly racks up 200 kills a battle. You go little skink :3:

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

Mukip posted:

Doing Tyrion on legendary and it's definitely the easiest campaign. Seems like enemies can't spawn inside the interior of Ulthuan, so I've taken all of the defensive gates and turtled quite nicely. Outer Ulthuan is a hellscape of Dark Eves and Norscans, but the interior is peachy. Meanwhile, Sea Patrol is busy holding off endless stacks of Skaeling scooby doos in the Straits of Lothern.

It seems to me like armies spawn at fixed locations?

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

I really don't want naval combat but Rome 1-style combat ships as units would be nice

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

IIRC, the AI does get affected by income the same way as a player, but they get both percentage income buffs and a fat stack of base income on higher difficulties so it's hard to notice

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

Pierson posted:

Is it a bug that when upgrading from a Cold One to a Horned One mount, Kroq-gar's stats utterly tank? His HP goes from something like 5000 to 800. That can't possibly be right can it?

HP doesn't sound right at all, but big monsters typically have lower stats to accomodate for the fact that it's a loving TRex

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

Aren't they supposed to spawn stormvermin on occasion too? Never seen that happen.

Also, do Skaven have to put up with enemy Skaven stacks during the later rituals, or are they all Chaos?

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

Mordja posted:

Someone made a video of the various sync attacks in the game. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MZFiuwrGiSI

I really like the Legendary Lord dueling ones, especially Queek V Kroq. :allears:

my fav is the kroxigor biting someone and rolling around

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

Turns out the garrison from a waystone generator can basically hold off an entire stack of skaven

StashAugustine fucked around with this message at 06:04 on Oct 3, 2017

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

Jum-Jum posted:

What did you do to manage their artillery? Honestly Skaven are easy mode as HE but the artillery pieces mess up your army sooo bad.

Vanguarded the reavers off and to the side then had them charge the second the infantry got far enough away.

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

Krazyface posted:

I have a hard time getting heroic victories in this game. Either I beat them with my army intact, in which case it's Decisive, or I get chewed up (which means the army needs to replenish for two turns, and maybe replace a couple saurus), and get Pyrrhic.

I think heroic victories require you to be smaller than the other side

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

Anyone have general advice on army comp for multiplayer? I just always used other people's guides in TWW1 but no one's gotten enough time to write one for 2, and I figure its better to just get a grip on it myself

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

This is just on Hard, but I've been running around with Teclis + spearmen and archers and a few reavers and it pretty much crushes anything the skaven AI can throw at you. I've just been investing in starter province for recruitment + 2 for money and am just about to start putting out a second army so I can actually make some permanent gains against the Skaven

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

Memnaelar posted:

So, I won't go into spoilers on the last battle, but it seems like the AI spawns the reinforcement armies really, really slowly. I finished off my first opponent about 6 or 7 minutes into the battle and then had to sit and wait 15 minutes for the reinforcements to spawn and then only found them by sending Malekith flying across the map to look for them and slooooowly draw them back to my troops.

Did anyone else have that experience? It made an otherwise epic final fight feel a bit strange when I had to yakkety-sax the opposition to get things rolling. I literally finished the battle with about ten seconds to spare out of the hour and about 40 minutes of that was spent in super-fastforward mode...

It wasn't nearly that bad for me but yeah the AI takes its sweet time getting over to you. Worse it spawns the armies in like two waves so it's trivial to defeat them in detail, especially because you get free 30sec cooldowns that take like 75% off a unit as they slowly march into you. The last battle kinda sucks

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

I know people talk up the blue line but I'm just addicted to maxing out yellow line on all my generals at this point

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

Ravenfood posted:

Since each new race pack is supposed to come with 4 LLs (instead of the mini-campaigns) I think that they might be increasing the number of LLs in the race addon packs or making them race specific instead of paired off against each other. So instead of Grim and the Grave giving you a few extra units and lords to both VC and Empire, you might have a Skaven pack that adds two LLs and more units to Skaven instead. I can't decide whether they'll go that route because then they can easily be accused of shorting the release rosters deliberately, but if they don't do that, the extra races will have more LLs than the release races which seems a little strange too.

I think they said 4 LLs total, so we'll end up with 2 per side per DLC. Only welfs only have 2 LLs in 1, with Bret/Emp/Beastmen having 2 and everyone else having 4 or more (including different factions with the same roster)

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

Just had Teclis rack up 1600 kills in one loving battle because the AI decided to blob all its guys in one spot in a forest and never attack despite instigating an ambush. I like the game but the AI is loving broken sometimes

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

Ravenfood posted:

All the factions still lacking them got RoRs in the Norsca update, so Chaos, Brettonia, and Welves all did too. The Minotaurs RoR causes Terror and gets regen, while the Bestigors get halberds which I think puts that as one of the more unique RoRs in terms of deviation from the base unit. The Welf Treekin get fire resistance and a fire resist aura which I think is hilarious.

Brets also get a foot squires with halberds

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

Zore posted:

Yeah, honestly the only race that's really going to struggle with the new poo poo is Dwarves and they already had issues with basically everyone else anyways. Dwarves really suck.

Empire/VC/Brettonia especially are still probably top tier. Buffed magic means excellent things for them.

Was magic actually buffed across the board other than campaign effects and the ability to retarget AOEs? I've been hearing that a lot of stuff is unchanged, it was just used less

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

Knobb Manwich posted:

The whole models having HP continues to gently caress with me, even after playing a fair bit of WH1. I'm still way too used to pre Rome 2 where you smash a guy with a big gently caress off horse and they go down straight away.

Technically R2 was when they first introduced HP, but R2 and Attila tended to have lower HP per unit

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

Scrub-Niggurath posted:

is anyone else bothered that the new app store icon is just the skaven logo upside down?

It's always bugged me that the Khorne rune is basically a rotated Dead Kennedys logo

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

Yeah when activating rituals you have to be okay with losing a settlement or two. Walled settlements will still usually take two stacks to breach and if you fight well you can generally gently caress em up enough that they'll have a little trouble with the next one. I haven't seen intervention armies encamp at all.

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

Nephthys posted:

If you are an elf would you really call them "elfservants"? Wouldn't they just be servants?

Do they call everything "elfsomething"? Do they have elfbuilders and elfcaterers and elfspikemakers?

'manservant' is a word

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

I kind of suspect game 1 races will be a DLC purchase that game 1 owners will get for free

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

KPC_Mammon posted:

Wasn't there an accidental developer screenshot that showed exactly this?

Something along those lines- you could see a bretonnia dlc in the list

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

I think there's been unimplemented naval units for a while, but I don't know if those are new