Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lassitude
Oct 21, 2003

Arcsquad12 posted:

Did they add back naval combat yet or is the Manowar Corsair game eating up Warhammer naval video game copyright?

CA said they want to focus on ground combat, hence the lack of navies (so far). Don't think Man o' War Corsair factors into it, as the game was released months ago.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lassitude
Oct 21, 2003

I ride bikes all day posted:

Are there plans for Ogre Kingdoms, Tomb Kings, and Chaos Daemons? Tomb Kings are the only things even remotely as cool as Lizardmen.

Daemons in game 3, probably 1.5 years from now.

Lassitude
Oct 21, 2003

Real Cool Catfish posted:

I mean, it's not impossible!

https://totalwarwarhammer.gamepedia.com/Ironclad

They have said in interviews and such that they have no plans to follow through with naval combat, because they want to focus on land combat.

Which is kind of weird in the context of how central naval combat is to the second game.

Lassitude
Oct 21, 2003

AnEdgelord posted:

1. Skeletons have no will of their own and are essentially puppets. Their synchronized walk is a mark of the Necromancer's direct control and the fact that Skeletons are the form of undead that require the most direct control
2. Its a reference: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pF_Fi7x93PY&feature=youtu.be

e: thats what i get for looking up the clip

The first point is horseshit. So zombies have will of their own and aren't puppets? C'mon son, it's just a "remember that movie from the 60s?" thing. All VC lesser undead, skeletons and wights and zombies, are puppets/slaves.

Lassitude
Oct 21, 2003

MonsterEnvy posted:

Wights have some intelligence.
Zombies are not properly controled like Skels. Skeletons obey complex orders and can march in formation. There is also the fact if their master ordered them to kill someone that just went into a house. Skeletons would do stuff like try the doorknob or check if they can get in through a window before just running into the door to knock it down. Zombies can't do anything complex they just shamble forward doing what their told by the most direct means possible.

Skeletons also have some intelligence, that's why they know how to swing a sword and otherwise have better MA/MD than zombies. The marching in perfect sync thing is 100% a joke by CA. There's nothing special about skeletons that'd make them do it but not wights/black knights/etc.

Lassitude
Oct 21, 2003

Sekenr posted:

Wait, what did they change in tww1 chaos?

Chaos got a major overhaul, with upgrades/etc. reducing upkeep, only marauder units infighting, and other poo poo to make them more fun to play. Also being able to immediately subjugate Norscan tribes and stuff. These changes were not brought over in ME initially. Not sure how many are in now, but possibly none of them. Either way Norsca being many months away also makes Chaos less fun to play.

Lassitude
Oct 21, 2003

GuardianOfAsgaard posted:

If they do Dogs of War I reckon they'll be as RoR-style mercenaries that other factions can recruit, rather than as a full faction. Southern realms/new world colonies seems likely though.

I'd kind of hope for the opposite, where it's its own faction but can recruit certain select units from other factions as well. It should definitely be created and used to flesh out the Estalia/Tilea/Border Princes/New World stuff though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lassitude
Oct 21, 2003

Fellatio del Toro posted:

boy i love having 3 half stack skaven armies just running around my territory in march stance, never engaging anything and constantly staying just outside of attack range of any armies, it's a really good and fun behavior that results in a fun and good game experience

Yeah march stance nerf/home territory movement range buff mods make the game a lot less tedious. Crazy they haven't changed this in the base game yet.