Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Bethamphetamine
Oct 29, 2012

It's September 26th. Time for a new thread

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bethamphetamine
Oct 29, 2012

Pollyanna posted:

got an interview at a place i really really wanna work at tomorrow and im loving terrified

i feel like im nowhere near good enough for them and i dont think im even any good at what i do anyway

i want to drink but i have another video interview in half an hour so i have to get through that first

ughhhhhhhhh

What the gently caress is a video interview? I feel so old.

Bethamphetamine
Oct 29, 2012

Pollyanna posted:

i feel like im nowhere near good enough for them and i dont think im even any good at what i do anyway

I promise you you are very dumb and stupid, but I promise you that if you have the self-awareness to express the fact that you are too dumb and stupid to work there you are definitely smarter and better than most anyone who works there if you have the confidence to deal with the preliminary bullshit that comes with working there. But please don't express that fact overtly during an interview. Church it up a bit.

Bethamphetamine
Oct 29, 2012

Every new monthly Trump thread is a victory, because it means some dumbass who threatens a fed in a way that gets the SS involved is denied that power. I had some barely arguably good poasts in that disappeared thread, I'll tell you what.

Bethamphetamine
Oct 29, 2012

She had the best body. She had the best face. She had the best hair I’ve ever seen. You know, hair is my thing. I’m really into hair up right now, okay? And she has the most beautiful. I mean, she had the best hair, but she had the best face and the best body. You said [she had] the best face. She had the best body.

Bethamphetamine
Oct 29, 2012

Brain Curry posted:

People really thought she was talented and a draw, and didn't realize the Fox News audience is either too hateful or too senile to change the channel.

And they probably assumed that, as a woman, she was somehow magically insulated from the toxic culture she participated in at Fox News. But nope, it's "Hey Jane Fonda, you got nice tits and your face's plastic surgery is great - you're still fuckable at your age. Appreciate the congrats for my compliment to you."

Bethamphetamine
Oct 29, 2012

CheesyDog posted:

Lessig will always just be "Guy who paid Brian Boyko to post in DND" to me

Did young Brian Boyko ever regain his faith in America?

Bethamphetamine
Oct 29, 2012

Squizzle posted:

we're gonna find some really really horrible camps

and mass graves.

Bethamphetamine
Oct 29, 2012

All of you show me your hymens. NOW! we can do this the easy way, or the hard way.

Bethamphetamine
Oct 29, 2012

Pretty sure every PR politician able to express it has expressed that people are starving and dying of thirst. Not sure how Trump worked "great job" out of that.

Bethamphetamine
Oct 29, 2012

Holy poo poo.

Bethamphetamine
Oct 29, 2012

Epic High Five posted:

Don't we have entire divisions that we spend billions of dollars a year maintaining at the level where you press a button, and within 18 hours you have thousands of troops fully supported and ready to go even if it's thousands of miles away?

The button was repurposed to order Trump a coke.

Bethamphetamine
Oct 29, 2012

Schnorkles posted:

this entire thing is how a normal administration would respond to a corruption/misuse of public funds scandal and i'm very confused :thunk:

If you need your head put back on to the new order, just remember that to Trump the scandal is not the waste, but rather Price getting more press than him for more than 3 days.

Bethamphetamine
Oct 29, 2012

Sir Tonk posted:

wow im blocked by both eric and eichenwald.

yet bitchell still hasnt blocked me

:thunk:

Somebody who tweets as often as he does with no filter whatsoever doesn't discriminate in the quality of the dialogue he generates. He truly is the most banal and tedious tweeter I have ever had forced on me.

Bethamphetamine
Oct 29, 2012

quote:

In the memo, Tatum suggests that teams make an effort in their first home game to address the current political climate by having players and coaches give a pregame address to their fans.

"This could include a message of unity and how the team is committed to bringing the community together this season," said the memo, a copy of which was obtained by ESPN.

Oh, werd? Are they protesting in the wrong way? are they uppity? Can you proscribe a better way for them to get their message across? A more respectful way?

Bethamphetamine
Oct 29, 2012

Yinlock posted:

also did trump seriously get mad at puerto rico for being destroyed lmao

A woman criticized him.
Puerto Rico is stealing his press.

Bethamphetamine
Oct 29, 2012

angerbeet posted:

I don't even see how there's a way forward with the American political system, like, how do you even??? :thunk:

We have to strengthen all our institutions in the coming decades. But only after a world war undoes all the political momentum that is dismantling our institutions.

Bethamphetamine
Oct 29, 2012

No ally will go unoffended under Trump.

Bethamphetamine
Oct 29, 2012

lol, I'm still getting caught up over the week. NAFTA renegotiations are going well. For any modernization issues they simply copy/pasted from clauses in TPP.

Now all that's left is Trump's nebulous "They're screwing us" claims. And US negotiators can't come up with specifics for consideration by Canada and Mexico.

Bethamphetamine
Oct 29, 2012

DrPossum posted:

i dont think you guys are giving the president a chance

He's a grown rear end man who voluntarily sought his position. What does me giving him a chance have to do with anything? he's there. He's elected. If he needs all 330 million americans to praise him every day for him to do his job then he's a goddamn goober.

I don't give any politicians 'a chance' whatever that means. I just assume they'll do their jobs and not gently caress it up too badly and not complain endlessly.

Bethamphetamine
Oct 29, 2012

sincerest. warmest. I know one goes with regards and the other goes with condolences. but which is which? I'm the president, I should know this stuff. This tweet will calm a nervous nation and I have to get it right. I'm the goddamn president of the United States of America.

Bethamphetamine
Oct 29, 2012

Today is definitely going to be an historic low point for social media and cable news.

Bethamphetamine
Oct 29, 2012

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

oh my god I want to live in the reality where the crowd started shooting back at the hotel.

I fully support a crowd of 15,000 people opening fire at Mandalay Bay and the Luxor, too.

Bethamphetamine
Oct 29, 2012

Remember after the Mayweather Macgregor fight where NFL player Michael Bennett was straight up about to be summarily executed by the LVMPD for no reason? and the only thing that stopped them was all the cameras. Why aren't NFL players supporting the LVMPD?

Bethamphetamine
Oct 29, 2012

old.flv posted:

drat what do you even do if you figure out who the drivers are

Go on InfoWars or Brietbart, because that's the only outlets which will trust @theAnonJournal

Bethamphetamine
Oct 29, 2012

If Hillary won Alex Jones would have been claiming the hotel room was scattered with atheist propaganda.

Bethamphetamine
Oct 29, 2012

Pat Robertson has advocated divorcing your wife if she gets Alzheimers. He is truly putrid.

Bethamphetamine
Oct 29, 2012

Brother Friendship posted:

I saw him tell a wife who's husband cheated on her that she needed to doll herself up and that it wasn't the man's fault.

Vice President Mike Pence has made a very similar argument in an op/ed, in an even more heinous way. Mike Pence is more vile than Pat Robertson.

e: Hey, I found it. Its super-logical and easy to follow.

Bethamphetamine has issued a correction as of 19:51 on Oct 2, 2017

Bethamphetamine
Oct 29, 2012

brugroffil posted:

I thought DeVos was actually using her own play and not charging

Teachers peacefully protested her lack of experience once and immediately after that she got a massive security detail. As secretary of Education.

Also, whether she's using her own plane or not is irrelevant. She's charging taxpayers for fuel, labor, maintenance, and 10% off the top.

Bethamphetamine
Oct 29, 2012

My thoughts and prayers are more powerful than thousands of others. This tells me:

1) I am worshiping a real God that exists.
2) I should hold that secret because evangelism, which is all about grifting money, would dilute my personal power in channeling my not-fake God.

Evangelism, on its face, is total bullshit.

Bethamphetamine
Oct 29, 2012

Oh poo poo. I just got an email that used the phrase "sweat equity" with no hint of irony. And that same email asked me to donate money.

Bethamphetamine
Oct 29, 2012

*pew* *pew* shooty shooty *bang* *bang*

*bang* *bang* *bang*

Give me money

Bethamphetamine
Oct 29, 2012

Dork457 posted:

Has there been any cool dead people this year? As in "it's cool this person is now dead", not "a cool person died."

January 15, 2017

Pastor Eddie Long.

He was a monster of pure evil. And the cancer he died from was definitely very painful and well deserved.

Bethamphetamine
Oct 29, 2012

Dr. Paddack NASA is not Pink Pussy Hat Poddack

Thanks internet! keep finding those crisis actors.

Bethamphetamine
Oct 29, 2012

jarofpiss posted:

can't believe im out of weed right now

This is the saddest post of the day.

Bethamphetamine
Oct 29, 2012

Is Steven Tyler still alive?

Bethamphetamine
Oct 29, 2012

brugroffil posted:

who cares Aerosmith is awful

They've been broken up and hateful toward eachother for almost a decade. I was just curious.

Bethamphetamine
Oct 29, 2012

radical meme posted:

Mandalay Bay is probably headed towards bankruptcy

good

Bethamphetamine
Oct 29, 2012

It's a lovely hotel with sketchy owners.

which I guess is LasVegas.txt

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bethamphetamine
Oct 29, 2012

Unperson_47 posted:

that's a trump

Rude.

• Locked thread