Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Jay_Zombie
Apr 20, 2007

We're sealing the tunnel!

Achtane posted:

I'm 6'7", suck it, nerds.
My head just about touches the roof of any car. Long distance driving hurts my legs.
It's impossible to find fitting clothes/shoes without going online.
People always ask me if i play basketball.
My back and knees often hurt.
Tables are too low.
My feet hang off of beds.
Nothing is made to accommodate my height.

This.
6'4" here and being tall is fun and good except nothing really fits. And if it does fit, it's more expensive, harder to find and your options are limited.
The world is really designed for someone 6"-8" shorter than you.

Also, we don't live as long and all our parts are made of the same material as you shorts, but they have more stress put on them day to day, so they wear out faster. Knees for example.

Also, you hit your head on stuff, like, a lot.

Jay_Zombie fucked around with this message at 17:44 on Oct 1, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bobcats
Aug 5, 2004
Oh
Tall shirts that fit and are not just the dignity name for fat people tent are impossible to find.

Wish I could wear Bugle Boy and Osh Kosh Bgosh like someone under 6' but that's life

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

Secular Humanist posted:

it really makes me hate women when they can't just be honest about how what they really want is a tall guy. i mean im 5'11 which isn't like MEGA short but i've still been shot down so many times for being "small" (not my dick tho heh heh) by girls who I'm still at least a couple inches taller than. i just flip the table and go "CMONN!!" and they dont call me again!
The otherwise terrible movie "the change-up" had one good exchange. Jennifer Aniston is looking for a sperm donor and Jason Bateman asks what the most important quality she's looking for is. She says "his sense of humor" which he calls bullshit on, and she grumbles "ok it's his height." Solid honesty there Jen.

Women aren't upfront the same way most guys won't be upfront about wanting a thin woman. We all know it's the average preference, and having that preference doesn't make you a monster, but voicing it does.

I just wish it was acceptable to admit it's a factor in average sexual attraction period. Every time you point it out there's a dozen ways people try to shoot you down. "Oh it makes dating easier? Well *I'm* 5'10" and *I've* never noticed" and so on. Like, no one is going to kid a girl about her dating life being affected by her weight, why is it so hard to acknowledge that being 5'7" or under adds an increasing handicap when approaching most women?

nh
Feb 2, 2003
I'm 5'9" and have always seen people taller than me as circus freaks who have a great difficulty adjusting to normal society.

Bobcats
Aug 5, 2004
Oh
The reality is anyone over 6' knows only groups of shorter people are one person

Moongrave
Jun 19, 2004

Finally Living Rent Free
Short people are like the creeps in a MOBA

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!
i'm 5'10" but i have that polynesian mane that makes me look 6' lol

Bloodyshinta1 posted:

You should be able to add every inch over the national average your dick is too your height
you can, in your heart :) if you know you're packin then act accordingly, with the confidence of a man standing far taller than you do :pervert:

serious norman
Dec 13, 2007

im pickle rick!!!!
Im 5'0 and have a a tiny penis op.

ElGroucho
Nov 1, 2005

We already - What about sticking our middle fingers up... That was insane
Fun Shoe

BARONS CYBER SKULL posted:

Short people are like the creeps in a MOBA

Lmao

Rad-daddio
Apr 25, 2017
I'm 6'6", and women flock to me like they're being fired from the 32nd floor of the Mandaly Bay Hotel.

Secular Humanist
Mar 1, 2016

by Smythe

mind the walrus posted:

The otherwise terrible movie "the change-up" had one good exchange. Jennifer Aniston is looking for a sperm donor and Jason Bateman asks what the most important quality she's looking for is. She says "his sense of humor" which he calls bullshit on, and she grumbles "ok it's his height." Solid honesty there Jen.

Women aren't upfront the same way most guys won't be upfront about wanting a thin woman. We all know it's the average preference, and having that preference doesn't make you a monster, but voicing it does.

I just wish it was acceptable to admit it's a factor in average sexual attraction period. Every time you point it out there's a dozen ways people try to shoot you down. "Oh it makes dating easier? Well *I'm* 5'10" and *I've* never noticed" and so on. Like, no one is going to kid a girl about her dating life being affected by her weight, why is it so hard to acknowledge that being 5'7" or under adds an increasing handicap when approaching most women?

yeah i agree its pretty similar to weight for women, although men being the horny sex perverts we are, i think a lot of guys will happily look the other way for a pretty girl who is a little overweight much more often than a girl will date a guy slightly shorter than her, or even equal height. i remember some girl once telling me that guys who are equal height always feel like her brother and yeah i can understand that being a nonstarter.

(i dont really hate women it was just a goof)

HELLBITCH
Sep 15, 2017

bad at posting
A philosophical zombie/p-zombie (a physical being capable of stimulus and response just like a conscious being, despite not being truly conscious/sentient) is anyone under 6'1"

Toys For Twats
Sep 30, 2007
One awesome dude
Still the tallest. I look down on all you manlets

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

Secular Humanist posted:

i think a lot of guys will happily look the other way for a pretty girl who is a little overweight much more often than a girl will date a guy slightly shorter than her, or even equal height.
Maybe, but there's still a large number who will "look the other way" for a guy of equal or slightly shorter height. If there weren't then I wouldn't have had half of my girlfriends.

Doppelganger
Oct 11, 2002

Harder, Better, Faster, Stronger
Lol, enjoy having your knees and ankles ground to nubs by age 50 you lumbering freaks.

Spuckuk
Aug 11, 2009

Being a bastard works

Doppelganger posted:

Lol, enjoy having your knees and ankles ground to nubs by age 50 you lumbering freaks.

Speak up from down there.

I'm 6'3" and it's basically the perfect height, suck it halfmen

Bobcats
Aug 5, 2004
Oh

Doppelganger posted:

Buddy I'll swaddle you like a baby and carry you around so you can see what it's like up here

Cnut the Great
Mar 30, 2014

Spuckuk posted:

Speak up from down there.

I'm 6'3" and it's basically the perfect height, suck it halfmen

At 5'8'' I can dart between your legs faster than you can react and rip your gargantuan tallman dick off with my tiny rat claws, claiming its power for my own.

What now, tallman? In the end, what has your height availed you?

Rad-daddio
Apr 25, 2017

Cnut the Great posted:

At 5'8'' I can dart between your legs faster than you can react and rip your gargantuan tallman dick off with my tiny rat claws, claiming its power for my own.

Better yet, after you tear it off, attach it to yourself and get on my shoulders.

...WE'LL GET ALL THE LADIES TOGETHER!

Percelus
Sep 9, 2012

My command, your wish is

Rad-daddio posted:

Better yet, after you tear it off, attach it to yourself and get on my shoulders.

...WE'LL GET ALL THE LADIES TOGETHER!

imo you short guys should team up and become one bigger symbiotic organism

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider

Percelus posted:

Most professional basketball players are actually just a bunch of short dudes linked together fyi

serious norman
Dec 13, 2007

im pickle rick!!!!

Zzulu posted:

It's women

women care. a lot of them!

hope this hleps

who cares about women if youre gay?

Percelus
Sep 9, 2012

My command, your wish is

serious norman posted:

who cares about women if youre gay?

gay women

HELLBITCH
Sep 15, 2017

bad at posting

Cnut the Great posted:

I've looked a woman in the eye without her returning a pitiful giggle

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
Tall guys get all the girls....

... and then drop dead at 22.

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

Percelus posted:

The end of INSIDE gives me mixed feelings on this idea

Moongrave
Jun 19, 2004

Finally Living Rent Free
"I will pick you up by the scruff of the neck and walk out into the ocean with you" is the best threat I ever heard someone make to a short person

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

Yeah that's a good one, and why I have a good lawyer in my contacts.

Pththya-lyi
Nov 8, 2009

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2020
I'm a woman of average height for my country of origin

Neukoln19
Oct 27, 2005
I wonder if this thread is tall enough yet for the gas chamber

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Neukoln19 posted:

I wonder if this thread is tall enough yet for the gas chamber

The nazis gassed a lot of children, i doubt there was a height requirement. you might be thinking of a rollercoaster or other entertainment ride

HELLBITCH
Sep 15, 2017

bad at posting
Is it murder if they're under 5'9" or just a mercy killing?

Salty Josh
Jul 13, 2016

Sometimes there's so much beauty in the world, I feel like I can't take it, and my heart is just going to cave in.
Nap Ghost

HELLBITCH posted:

Is it murder if they're under 5'9" or just a mercy killing?

Mercy killing. I'm 5' 6". It's really loving difficult to get laid sometimes as a below average height dude.

At least I got a nice hog, otherwise I'd blow my brains out.

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

Salty Josh posted:

It's really loving difficult to get laid sometimes as a below average height dude.
Yeah if you're just looking for casual Tinder/Bar/Club sex as a short dude you're largely SOL unless you've got major charisma and social status on your side. Casual relationships are generally the best you can hope for.

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Salty Josh posted:

Mercy killing. I'm 5' 6". It's really loving difficult to get laid sometimes as a below average height dude.

At least I got a nice hog, otherwise I'd blow my brains out.

My one roommate was 5'2 and we got along fine but he told me he would murder me in an instant if he could just get 4 extra inches. You should feel blessed

Life is seriously complicated for shorter dudes

Svdl
May 9, 2006

Around the world

Aesop Poprock posted:

My one roommate was 5'2 and we got along fine but he told me he would murder me in an instant if he could just get 4 extra inches. You should feel blessed

Life is seriously complicated for shorter dudes

I'd also murder you for a bigger dick

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

*leaning down with hands on thighs to get to your level, whispering "loving lol."

Welp, back to 6'4 life!

Cnut the Great
Mar 30, 2014

HELLBITCH posted:

I've looked a woman in the eye without her returning a pitiful giggle

So you're admitting you're not gay? Was this supposed to be an own or a self-own?

HELLBITCH
Sep 15, 2017

bad at posting

Cnut the Great posted:

So you're admitting you're not gay? Was this supposed to be an own or a self-own?

Actually I'm a big gay queer but I lead women on because I hate them (mom wouldn't let me play M rated games)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spuckuk
Aug 11, 2009

Being a bastard works

Cnut the Great posted:

Much like the noble giraffe, the ability to nibble on the tallest leaves of the tree, whilst pouring scorn upon the head of you and your dwarfish ilk.

• Locked thread