Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool
Hahahahahahahaha How The gently caress Is Centrism Real Hahahaha Liberals Just Walk Away From The Right Like Liberals Tax The Rich Haha

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LiterallyTheWurst
Feb 5, 2015

Sendik's Original
Fuckin yep

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

Norris'es are back baby. It's good again. Awoouu (fox Howl)
Senate succ lords got owned tonight and that's good.

Big Hubris
Mar 8, 2011

If you care at all about metrics, get on chapo twitch.

ded redd
Aug 1, 2010

Matt Zerella posted:

Senate succ lords got owned tonight and that's good.

I'm not at all thrilled about the senate losses but for the poo poo they've been pulling they earned this.

theCalamity
Oct 23, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 9 hours!
gently caress donnelly and mccaskill

Megaman's Jockstrap
Jul 16, 2000

What a horrible thread to have a post.
https://twitter.com/matthewstoller/status/1060027766253477888

Nix Panicus
Feb 25, 2007

Narrator: They had learned nothing

ded redd
Aug 1, 2010

While I don't outright disagree and maybe it's just the residual effects of a bottle's worth of bourbon speaking I kind of need to pretend the worst isn't going to happen for at least one night or two.

ded redd
Aug 1, 2010

At least some people I like won I guess.

Dirk Pitt
Sep 14, 2007

haha yes, this feels good

Toilet Rascal

Office Pig posted:

While I don't outright disagree and maybe it's just the residual effects of a bottle's worth of bourbon speaking I kind of need to pretend the worst isn't going to happen for at least one night or two.

No sense in fooling yourself. The worst is going to happen.

Phi230
Feb 2, 2016

by Fluffdaddy
Gillum's defeat proves hillary is the kiss of death

Megaman's Jockstrap
Jul 16, 2000

What a horrible thread to have a post.
I've been screaming since the beginning of the year that the most likely result is that Dems pick up the House and refuse to govern and fight back and this permanently ushers in fascism and one of the omens that this WASN'T going to happen was Feinstein failing to get re-elected, and, well...

Also Pelosi GOTTA GO

https://twitter.com/drmistercody/status/1060029804752265216

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

Norris'es are back baby. It's good again. Awoouu (fox Howl)
Seriously, Barbra Lee for speaker or bust.

ded redd
Aug 1, 2010

Matt Zerella posted:

Seriously, Barbra Lee for speaker or bust.

Don't steal my quotes.

bird food bathtub
Aug 9, 2003

College Slice
Jesus Christ Florida, looks like you're not kicking the genetic cross-breed of Voldemort and Skeletor out of your state? Bugs Bunny had the right idea.

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool

Megaman's Jockstrap posted:

I've been screaming since the beginning of the year that the most likely result is that Dems pick up the House and refuse to govern and fight back and this permanently ushers in fascism and one of the omens that this WASN'T going to happen was Feinstein failing to get re-elected, and, well...

Also Pelosi GOTTA GO

we're all dead

Mister Fister
May 17, 2008

D&D: HASBARA SQUAD
KILL-GORE

I love the smell of dead Palestinians in the morning.
You know, one time we had Gaza bombed for 26 days
(and counting!)

Megaman's Jockstrap posted:

Also Pelosi GOTTA GO

Going to one up you:

https://twitter.com/aabramson/status/1059827677048307713

LMAOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Ardennes
May 12, 2002
The Democrats are going to be signing on to all types of random right-wing poo poo. God drat the last 2 years has been particularly bullshit.

Russia-gate, the blue wave, #resistance etc etc all is probably going to led to some centrist Democrats signing on to tax cuts and corporate welfare.

Harik
Sep 9, 2001

From the hard streets of Moscow
First dog to touch the stars

Plaster Town Cop

bird food bathtub posted:

Jesus Christ Florida, looks like you're not kicking the genetic cross-breed of Voldemort and Skeletor out of your state? Bugs Bunny had the right idea.
The problem is we DID kick him out of our state. Directly to DC. gently caress.

Not kidding about Hillary being the kiss of death, I thought we'd get Gillum and Nelson would lose for being worthless. Instead they both went down in flames.

Don't worry though, the immediate hot take was that Gillum was "a radical leftist not aligned with florida voters", and that's always the mantra: No matter what, the voters want us to move right.

King of Solomon
Oct 23, 2008

S S
Seriously, who the gently caress likes Rick Scott? How does he keep winning elections?

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

I can't believe that people had to be taught the hard way that connecting yourself to one of the most unpopular people in the country is loving stupid.

Previa_fun
Nov 10, 2004

Ardennes posted:

The Democrats are going to be signing on to all types of random right-wing poo poo. God drat the last 2 years has been particularly bullshit.

Russia-gate, the blue wave, #resistance etc etc all is probably going to led to some centrist Democrats signing on to tax cuts and corporate welfare.

Not to mention their wet dream of impeachment gets us...

President Pence. :downs: Way to resist.

Ardennes
May 12, 2002

Previa_fun posted:

Not to mention their wet dream of impeachment gets us...

President Pence. :downs: Way to resist.

Yeah, best case scenario, it actually gets worse.

(The Democrats are already talking down rocking the boat and the GOP is going to have a strong majority in the Senate, it is going to be piddly poo poo for the next 2 years.)

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

The impeachment thing is entirely about some desperate need to see "the process" work.

Malleum
Aug 16, 2014

Am I the one at fault? What about me is wrong?
Buglord
democrats dont actually want impeachment, and would be a lot better if they actually did. nancy pelosi is never, ever going to vote in favor of doing anything substantial and never, ever going to let any democratic house get uppity with ideas of "accountability" or "improvement".
https://twitter.com/BBCWorld/status/1060035183305347072

Ardennes
May 12, 2002
Yeah, and the kicker is the GOP has such a strong hold on the Senate now they are probably going to keep it in 2020 and maybe 2022. Not only is a Democrat not going to be able to accomplish anything but if there is an actual recession next year (the odds are ticking in that direction), then there will be no consensus for fiscal stimulus beyond some tax cuts and probably deepening austerity measures.

gohmak
Feb 12, 2004
cookies need love

Phi230 posted:

Gillum's defeat proves hillary is the kiss of death

This and dropping M4A to UHC

The Kingfish
Oct 21, 2015

Malleum posted:

democrats dont actually want impeachment, and would be a lot better if they actually did. nancy pelosi is never, ever going to vote in favor of doing anything substantial and never, ever going to let any democratic house get uppity with ideas of "accountability" or "improvement".
https://twitter.com/BBCWorld/status/1060035183305347072

https://clips.twitch.tv/SuperFaintDonutBCouch

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Previa_fun
Nov 10, 2004

Instead of text can we make this video the thread title

The Kingfish
Oct 21, 2015

After everything that happened tonight, it is Pelosi’s response that actually lifts me over the threshold into full-fledged panic attack.

The Kingfish
Oct 21, 2015

We are loving doomed.

Malleum
Aug 16, 2014

Am I the one at fault? What about me is wrong?
Buglord
and who comes flying in from stage left, right on cue lol

quote:

So I know, oh my god :decorum: but see here's the thing, she has to do this because it wasn't the huge blue wave we were hoping for. The bigger the majority the easier it is to have some kind of "bully" power, but it didn't quite work out that way. But I doubt that Pelosi's call for "bipartisanship" means that she's suddenly going to be passing anything of Trump's agenda.

Ardennes
May 12, 2002

The Kingfish posted:

We are loving doomed.

I was really impressed with Helsinki when I was there.

Malleum posted:

"Basically, we hosed up yet again and you are going to suffer for it. Now it is time to come together for a bipartisan committee to solve the deficit."

Ardennes fucked around with this message at 08:23 on Nov 7, 2018

Kilroy
Oct 1, 2000
You'd think they at least wait until they're done counting the votes before telling the people who just voted for them that they're not going to do any of the stuff they were elected to do.

Nix Panicus
Feb 25, 2007

The Kingfish posted:

After everything that happened tonight, it is Pelosi’s response that actually lifts me over the threshold into full-fledged panic attack.

:same:

Dirk Pitt
Sep 14, 2007

haha yes, this feels good

Toilet Rascal

Kilroy posted:

You'd think they at least wait until they're done counting the votes before telling the people who just voted for them that they're not going to do any of the stuff they were elected to do.

Doesn’t matter. Voter memory is short. Donor memory is forever.

Previa_fun
Nov 10, 2004

Loving the latest batch of corn cob avatars btw. I like knowing which posts to skip.

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe

Malleum posted:

Let me take a wild guess and say that this is somebody who spent a lot of time crowing about how a massive Blue Wave was 100% certain before the election.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Previa_fun
Nov 10, 2004

Cerebral Bore posted:

Let me guess, this is somebody who's spent a lot of time crowing about how a massive Blue Wave was 100% certain.

Anyone reminding folks to temper their expectations the past few days was met with corn cobs posting the :matters: emote over and over.

Results tonight weren't completely terrible and I'll take it but I'm half tempted to prematurely :toxx: on Trump winning 2020.

• Locked thread