Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

Majorian posted:

I'm definitely white, but I wouldn't call myself well-off - I work for a charity and don't have a trust fund.

Majorian posted:

don't have a trust fund.

This is a weirdly specific thing to deny.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

Heck Yes! Loam! posted:

Maybe a more useful source? The Hill is pretty much trash.

The article's written by a former Moonie Times editor.

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

Heck Yes! Loam! posted:

What if I told you I didn't know what the Moonie Times was?

Google seems to indicate it is the Washington Times, which if I remember my rules of locations and newspaper names, is not a good source of journalism.

I think it goes something like new york times - good, new york post - bad. Washington Post - good, Washington Times - bad.

The Washington Times is run by the Moonies, a cult whose official name is the Unification Church. They were basically Breitbart before Breitbart.

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

Grapplejack posted:

He put in work and effort for that campaign. Have you ever worked on a campaign or for a candidate, kilroy?

of course he hasn't, guy's an overpaid computer programmer in deep blue washington state

he gets really tetchy when called out about it since the real reason he's into politics these days is because reciting leftist shibboleths gets him more applause than screeching about video games like he's done for years and years before

and a big double lol at the loving Swede pretending he's "politically engaged" when this country's goings-on are little more than daytime tv for him

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

Calibanibal posted:

of course, as a certified virginia opossum, oxxidation's stakes in US politics are of the highest magnititude and i require no additional documentation from said poster

jersey you mother fucker

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

Cerebral Bore posted:

Come to think of it, the idea that the internal politics of the global hegemonic power is just "daytime tv" for the rest of the world is also a pretty darn dumb take.

stay in your lane til the seas rise up and drown you in it

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007
lmao you've never thrown in a dime and you're furious at one of the few actually engaged people in this forum because he briefly tripped up your posturing for a few hours

go back to sending death threats to game devs, kilroy, it's definitely more your speed

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

Ytlaya posted:

I'm pretty sure he said that as an insult to leftists and as a good (or at least neutral) thing about Democrats.

Wrong, idiot.

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

Ytlaya posted:

I'm having trouble reading that in a way that isn't somehow mocking towards the left (at least as a "it's obvious they would want to go the route with the most money and its dumb to desire otherwise" way). I'm aware it isn't necessarily a compliment towards Democrats (thus the "or at least neutral").

democrats are willingly complicit in the perpetuation of an unstoppable fascist regime and leftists are incapable of doing the least thing to mitigate it besides making a whole lot of smug noise that interrupts my newsfeeds

write that down on your arm if you're having so much trouble holding it in your head

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

Megaman's Jockstrap posted:

It just pisses me off so much because for years the lefties have been saying "no conservatives don't operate in good faith, they are really quite bad people morally and only care about power and themselves" and every centrist ignored them and pretended they were really decent people who just had small disagreements about what's best for America. Now we have literally Trump President who rips little babies from their mother's arms to traumatize them for life in the name of white supremacy and has massive near-universal approval from conservatives while he blows a hole in the country's safety net to shovel money into the pockets of the rich - literally everything lefties ever said is true and yet loving Obama had to tear himself away from sucking dick on Billionaire Island to show up and use his silver tongue to try to rehabilitate this debunked centrist concept. Absolutely infuriating.

and everyone still likes him better than anyone on the left

that's a lol

• Locked thread