Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Dirk Pitt
Sep 14, 2007

haha yes, this feels good

Toilet Rascal
https://twitter.com/AP_Politics/status/1011789112129486853

A young challenger upset the status quo, I wonder what she was running on?

https://twitter.com/Ocasio2018/status/1001795660524457985

Oh look, she stands for something besides more money for her donors and power for herself. And makes clear statements about policies she supports without apologizing.

Dirk Pitt fucked around with this message at 07:55 on Jun 27, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dirk Pitt
Sep 14, 2007

Toilet Rascal
Isn’t there a phrase about the Democratic Party being a place where movements die? If not, it sounds about right.

Dirk Pitt
Sep 14, 2007

Toilet Rascal
We really can’t replace Pelosi guys. Just gotta deal with the cards we are dealt.

Dirk Pitt
Sep 14, 2007

Toilet Rascal

D.N. Nation posted:

Tulsi Gabbard, lol. Never change y'all

I wish democrats would start supporting women of color.

Dirk Pitt
Sep 14, 2007

Toilet Rascal
I'm going to laugh really hard when Dems try to give the SOTU rebuttal to ¡Ocasio! in 2022-2023 in an effort to sink her.

Dirk Pitt
Sep 14, 2007

Toilet Rascal

Matt Zerella posted:

She should be a keynote at the 2020 convention.

Agreed, but no way Kamala or Gillibrand are about to be usurped. Staring into the abyss here and I don't think democrats are ready to forgive Bernie for stumping for Hillary quite yet to give him the nom.

Dirk Pitt
Sep 14, 2007

Toilet Rascal
It probably doesn't help that C-More here in Sweden finally got syndication rights for West Wing, and I am not feeling hopeful at the moment.

Dirk Pitt
Sep 14, 2007

Toilet Rascal
Didn’t Bernie voters flock to Hillary? I didn’t because Benghazi, but I’m pretty sure a majority of Bernie people nutted up and went HRC in the general.

Dirk Pitt
Sep 14, 2007

Toilet Rascal

Ghost Leviathan posted:

90% of them at last check, significantly higher than Hillary voters that went on to vote Obama.

So it appears to me that Fulchrum is projecting after the PUMA crew let their feelings be known in 2008.

Dirk Pitt fucked around with this message at 10:06 on Aug 7, 2018

Dirk Pitt
Sep 14, 2007

Toilet Rascal

Ghost Leviathan posted:

I'm reminded of how we still have centrists holding a grudge over Al Franken.

Curious what the intersection is with Hillarymen. Has to be close to 1:1

Dirk Pitt
Sep 14, 2007

Toilet Rascal

Nothus posted:

Brent Welder lost so wrap it up Ocassioailures

:yeah: now we won’t flip that seat for sure!

Dirk Pitt
Sep 14, 2007

Toilet Rascal
I went to the doctor yesterday here in Stockholm and paid $20 for a visitation and three lab tests. Thank you Democrats for loving up your chance to actually do something back in 2008.

Dirk Pitt
Sep 14, 2007

Toilet Rascal
https://twitter.com/pwoodreporter/status/1027201805548249089

Dirk Pitt
Sep 14, 2007

Toilet Rascal

Office Pig posted:

https://twitter.com/AlexCKaufman/status/1027993096641040384
Even taking assumptions about green party voting habits at face value you could probably undercut the problem by not doing things like this.

There really isn’t a single reason to vote democrat, is there?

Dirk Pitt
Sep 14, 2007

Toilet Rascal
https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/1029798446650277888

Democrats are really bad.

Dirk Pitt
Sep 14, 2007

Toilet Rascal
I'm kind of hoping this:

https://www.vox.com/2018/8/17/17664048/national-prison-strike-2018

Puts an end to Kamala Harris's presidential run. Christ, she'll be really bad, and will not at all beat Trump.

edit: The vox article is really lovely, I apologise for that.

Dirk Pitt fucked around with this message at 19:11 on Aug 21, 2018

Dirk Pitt
Sep 14, 2007

Toilet Rascal

HootTheOwl posted:

Have you have to use your insurance for a serious (100k+) condition? You learn to love those numbers really fast.

My wife used the insurance for a serious (100k+) condition that acted up at least 3 times a year. For some reason the numbers never added up in my/our favor and we wound up paying a fuckton regardless of what the numbers said. We got so fed up with the numbers that we moved out of country.

Dirk Pitt
Sep 14, 2007

Toilet Rascal

Rent-A-Cop posted:

Trump thread is useful as a place for the "Hillary is my waifu" posters to go recharge after they post literally anywhere else and get made fun of by everyone. Let them have their hugbox.

gently caress that poo poo. They deserve scorn, not a sanctioned place. Start a private reddit if you need a place to decompress with mods.

Dirk Pitt
Sep 14, 2007

Toilet Rascal
Please Bernie Sanders, beat democrats over the head with that bill.

Dirk Pitt
Sep 14, 2007

Toilet Rascal
Can we all agree that Democrats are a waste at this point?

Dirk Pitt
Sep 14, 2007

Toilet Rascal
I'm not really tuned in to politics in America at the moment, more enthralled with what is going on here in Sweden right now. I am going to let out a hearty lol when Democrats fail to take back the House or the Senate in 2 weeks while flubbing the "Great Caravan" happening in Central America. After laughing, I'll be going to my permanent job, and my cystic fibrosis having wife will be going to her permanent job. Something she couldn't hold in the States and still have vacation time at the end of the year.

:thumbsup:

Dirk Pitt fucked around with this message at 13:32 on Oct 24, 2018

Dirk Pitt
Sep 14, 2007

Toilet Rascal

Kilroy posted:

Pretty sure if the Democrats fail to take back the House then they are done as a party.

lol, no. They'll hobble along as the minority party they are of white urbanites who want to feel good about their station in life. Pod Save America et al. will be dead though Inshallah.

Dirk Pitt fucked around with this message at 20:56 on Oct 24, 2018

Dirk Pitt
Sep 14, 2007

Toilet Rascal

Office Pig posted:

While I don't outright disagree and maybe it's just the residual effects of a bottle's worth of bourbon speaking I kind of need to pretend the worst isn't going to happen for at least one night or two.

No sense in fooling yourself. The worst is going to happen.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dirk Pitt
Sep 14, 2007

Toilet Rascal

Kilroy posted:

You'd think they at least wait until they're done counting the votes before telling the people who just voted for them that they're not going to do any of the stuff they were elected to do.

Doesn’t matter. Voter memory is short. Donor memory is forever.

• Locked thread