Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

HootTheOwl posted:

Someone will correct me on this, but wasn't Iowa a format that was in favor of Bernie? I remember this being a thing, that the format of the primary/caucus was an indicator on over/under performance by Bernie/Hillary.

Bernie won most of the caucuses (the only domestic ones Clinton won were Iowa and Nevada and even then, barely)

Most of the primaries (open and closed) went to Clinton.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

Majorian posted:

It's almost as if...the Democrats shouldn't nominate candidates who are already hated by a significant chunk of the Democratic voting coalition, as well as the entirety of the Republican coalition.:thunk:

the entire Republican coalition is trained to hate anyone from the Democratic side these days, so excluding that, the only person left was like Biden, but he stepped away because his son died.

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

VitalSigns posted:

Seriously, a turn at Russian Roulette only kills you 17% of the time.

Winning virtually guaranteed*!

depends on if it's a revolver and you spin it after firing, otherwise it progressively gets worse odds

if it's a semiauto, well then you get to be the guy from Chicago

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

Main Paineframe posted:

Yeah, but in that example, the ultimate problem is what they're saying, not the way they're saying it. If someone goes "god, what about all those Muslim terrorists" and someone slides in to go "#NOTALLMUSLIMS", then they would in fact be perfectly justified in doing so.

Personally, I think the comic is bad and the blog post is quite a stretch to avoid saying "oops, sorry", but I'm sure there's a better place to discuss it in detail than here. Regardless, it's definitely a term with some baggage - and why bother with it when "fishmeching" describes basically the same thing but without the problematic origins?

fishmeching is more missing the forest for the trees

just super insistent about being technically correct about the situation

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

HootTheOwl posted:

Can I get a quick itemized list of what sleazy poo poo Kemp did this election? Someone asked me today and I found i couldn't remember beyond the latest two: The Oprah robocalls and the unnamed crime investigation.

Two lawsuits in federal court over his attempts to not count votes and throw people off the ballot without letting them cast provisional ballots. Prosecuted someone for putting stamps on an envelope.

The robocalls might not necessarily be 100% him, the dude who did them is racist nutjob from Idaho that's put them out in several races across the country. He did the one against Gilluk in Florida.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

HootTheOwl posted:

Thank you!
Sorry to ask one more favor; Can I get links to these stories?

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/11/03/us/politics/georgia-governor-voting-irregularities.html

https://www.gq.com/story/georgia-governors-race-voter-fraud-debacle

• Locked thread