Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ded redd
Aug 1, 2010

The world's wonderboy.
https://twitter.com/Messina2012/status/747538956183552001
Jim is a Messina, Jim is a waste.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ded redd
Aug 1, 2010

Mister Facetious posted:

I thought Vietnam was mostly on Nixon's watch. :shrug:

And I'm not plagiarizing. I literally post excerpts from Thomas Frank's book. At no time have I attempted to pass his work off as my own.

Johnson really shouldn't get off for putting us into Vietnam. A lot of his domestic achievements were important, albeit critically incomplete, but there is no getting around the fact he sent us into Vietnam for the express purpose of upholding a colonialist agreement with France that was absolutely, utterly worthless. It's right up there with antagonizing a potential ally in order to 'contain' communism.

Anyway I guess this goes here.

quote:

An explosive allegation from prominent Democratic pollster Stan Greenberg last week is sparking a new wave of criticism and recriminations about Hillary Clinton’s campaign.

The charge — that the campaign went the final three weeks of last year’s presidential election without polling the battleground states — amounts to an accusation of campaign negligence that resulted in Donald Trump’s election.

quote:

“Astonishingly, the 2016 Clinton campaign conducted no state polls in the final three weeks of the general election and relied primarily on data analytics to project turnout and the state vote,” Greenberg wrote in The American Prospect, published online late last week. “They paid little attention to qualitative focus groups or feedback from the field, and their brief daily poll didn’t measure which candidate was defining the election or getting people engaged.”

quote:

In October, about a month before Election Day, campaign officials pulled the plug on its deeper-dive state surveys — the messaging polls — over the objection of the campaign’s pollsters, who argued at the time that it was too risky to stop listening to voters beyond just the horse race, according to three sources associated with the campaign. The campaign continued, however, with its analytics polling, calling thousands of voters across battleground states every night to ask basic questions about candidate preference.

The campaign's pollsters argued against that decision at the time — analytics polling, they argued, might tell the campaign's leaders whether Clinton was ticking higher or sinking lower but it couldn't tell them why.

Those pollsters were overruled by senior Clinton campaign leaders, according to two people in the Clinton campaign orbit.

“All the pollsters on the campaign believed throughout the month of October that those polling in the individual states should have been polling — because when things change on the ground in each of those states, that’s the best tool you have in figuring out what’s happening,” said a Clinton pollster who requested anonymity to discuss the campaign’s internal dissension candidly.

ded redd
Aug 1, 2010

https://twitter.com/mcbyrne/status/914635835412291584
Loving the eternal failure upwards.

ded redd
Aug 1, 2010

yronic heroism posted:

boring and stupid

ded redd
Aug 1, 2010

Calibanibal is the moderator this sub forum needs and will never have.

ded redd
Aug 1, 2010

Liam was playing the left = Nazis line well before FizFashizzle’s post so it’s not as if it’s a one-off spurred by the heat of the moment.

ded redd
Aug 1, 2010

LITERALLY MY FETISH posted:

And yeah, I know this is the thread for these posts, but it's also the thread for lovely bad posts in general and this definitely meets the criteria. If they're allowed to complain about bernie and clinton almost a year after the election I'm allowed to complain about them not shutting the gently caress up about it, right?

I mean, I guess so, but then I feel like this would turn the thread into a more general poo poo-flinging posting ghetto which by the way is totally okay with me.

Of course if we really wanted to dig into the Democratic Party's failures then it would probably be wiser to expand the discussion beyond Bill and Hillary Clinton and talk about the fundraising and hiring practices of the DNC or the senate leadership's insistence on a failing slogan/platform that no one likes and yet apparently gets pushed despite all wisdom saying to scrap it altogether. If the Clintons start getting more directly involved in Democratic races or Peter Daou signs the final seal in his inevitable murder-suicide pact then yeah talking about their influence is rightly topical, but it would be nice if there were some focus on people with a little more direct impact in the here and now.

Frankly that seems even less likely to go over well in other threads than Hillarychat.

ded redd
Aug 1, 2010

Koalas March posted:

I can clear it with Guyovich, but it does say put bad posts here.

It’s happened before, it’ll happen again.

The Muppets On PCP posted:

hey is this the thread to point out i think it's totally cool that trump doesn't give two shits about our manufactured culture of troop worship and is too boorish to pretend otherwise

You’d think so but it’s probably not.

ded redd
Aug 1, 2010

Hey cool someone made a not very nice reference me in the thunderdome, it’s like forums puberty.

ded redd
Aug 1, 2010

So I read that Hill article posted a while back, and I was wondering why I was getting this sense of deja vu from skimming it. I think it's because it has quite a few similarities with this Bloomberg article detailing what the party has in mind for superdelegates.

quote:

The new members-at-large of the Democratic National Committee will vote on party rules and in 2020 will be convention delegates free to vote for a primary candidate of their choice. They include lobbyists for Venezuela’s national petroleum company and for the parent company of Fox News, according to a list obtained by Bloomberg News. At least three of the people worked for either Hillary Clinton or Bernie Sanders in 2016 while also casting ballots as superdelegates.

quote:

One of the lobbyists is Joanne Dowdell, who’s registered as a federal lobbyist for News Corp, the parent company of Fox News, where she’s senior vice president for global government affairs. Dowdell ran for New Hampshire’s House seat as a Democrat in 2012 and is a party donor.

Two other lobbyists who disclosed corporate clients in their most recent public reports are Clinton White House veteran Harold Ickes and Manuel Ortiz. Ortiz’s clients this year include CITGO Petroleum Corp, owned by the Venezuelan government, and Citigroup Management Corp. Ortiz also lobbies for Puerto Rican interests.

quote:

A DNC aide who asked not to be identified defended including the lobbyists, saying they were all carry-overs from the last presidential election cycle and were renominated because of their service to the party.

ded redd
Aug 1, 2010

I know this is the bad thread for bad posting, drat. God drat.

ded redd
Aug 1, 2010

What a waste of a custom title.

ded redd
Aug 1, 2010

yronic heroism posted:

You do know what a wiki is, right? Something any neckbeard shitlord participates in, usually anonymously?

Holy poo poo this is the one broken brain.

ded redd
Aug 1, 2010

yronic heroism posted:

Agree to disagree.

Shut up you fuckin mook.

ded redd
Aug 1, 2010

yronic heroism posted:

gently caress off Russia troll.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

:toot:

ded redd
Aug 1, 2010

Helsing posted:

Obama allowing the DNC to go broke on his watch and then actively helping to clear the way for Hilary seems like a retroactive vindication of all the stuff Ron Susskind was writing about in 2011 in the book "Confidence Men" regarding Obama's leadership skills and political instincts.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but that was the book you made a "Let's Read" thread for way back when, wasn't it?

ded redd
Aug 1, 2010

Helsing posted:

It's remarkable watching Democratic party apologists pivoting away from "you can't trust the economic left, they're too willing to sideline women and minorities" toward "we must be pragmatic about men like Franken".

It's even more remarkable that this is happening literal days after people started acknowledging how gross the defense of Bill Clinton was.

It’s remarkable but not all that unthinkable if you see the manichean constraints of the American political system as something that has infected our behavioral processes.

ded redd
Aug 1, 2010

https://twitter.com/daveweigel/status/933138116977754112
Yeah, I know his opponent is a pedo monster.
Yeah, I know he prosecuted the KKK and won in Alabama of all states.
Yes I know he’s still probably better than most senate D’s.

Yet the worthlessness of this party just has to find the time to rears its head and spite the future.

ded redd
Aug 1, 2010

And it’s real obvious, now. “Well we’d all love corporate tax cuts but not like this, oh no. These sons of bitches are all quietly toeing the same line and I’m loving sick of the good cop horseshit that Bernie and Warren provide them.

ded redd
Aug 1, 2010

“Let’s pray for somebody to save us.” Ahah.
https://twitter.com/amjoyshow/status/931920346931957760
Imbeciles.

ded redd
Aug 1, 2010

The party will never hold itself accountable and will do whatever it takes to keep the American people from taking it to task.

ded redd
Aug 1, 2010

stone cold posted:

franken should step down

why is this hard for you

maybe that’s just my dame brain talking, jc, but that seems like a pretty simple loving solution

especially when there’s goddamn photographic evidence

Because that means goals and affirmative political visions to work towards in lieu of incestuous networks of favors and personal affiliation and we can’t have that now, can we?

ded redd
Aug 1, 2010

Kind of love seeing the ‘impure’ label bandied about now for going after sexual predators, almost as if it’s a mindless feel-good catchphrase when you need to shill for the party.

No, that’s a lie, I don’t love it and there’s nothing left to love.

ded redd
Aug 1, 2010

Good lord one month was too short.

ded redd
Aug 1, 2010

Ah, I see TB made a kys post. Again.

ded redd
Aug 1, 2010

Pretty sure you just answered your own question.

And don’t talk to Cingulate.

ded redd
Aug 1, 2010

Lightning Knight posted:

:ms:

This Fairbanks lady is pretty loving garbage though, I will say, based on a cursory inspection of her Twitter profile.

She’s a nazi.

ded redd
Aug 1, 2010

Well yeah, and... wait a second.

ded redd
Aug 1, 2010

Majorian posted:

What part, do you think, I played in this? I didn't spread any conspiracy theories against Clinton - in fact, I openly argued against them and worked to debunk them. I gave money to her campaign, I got out and voted, I registered people in my county to vote, etc. The vast majority of Sanders voters turned out for Clinton. So acting as if all or even a significant amount of Bernie supporters played a major role in Clinton's defeat is extremely gross. Most of us did everything we were asked to do, and more. So no, I don't accept your framing, and I reserve the right to criticize her shitshow of a campaign, and its DNC enablers, whenever the gently caress I want.

Do you ever get tired of these exercises in futility, knowing that nothing you say will change a thing?

ded redd
Aug 1, 2010

Edit: wrong thread

ded redd
Aug 1, 2010

Oh it's the thread with no purpose, don't mind me.
https://twitter.com/ReutersPolitics/status/973631033232056321
I'll just post this here as a permanent scar for however long we have.

ded redd
Aug 1, 2010

gently caress your blue wave you imbecilic apes it means nothing if we're dead before it happens.

ded redd
Aug 1, 2010

joepinetree posted:

Well, a literal actual torturer and the guy who supports reopening secret prisons are pretty good places to draw the line

Well, no, it's that a man who has repeatedly petitioned Trump to attack North Korea is very likely going to displace someone who was, if nothing else, not interested in kicking off WWIII alongside John Bolton. Impossible as it seems the literal torturer feels like a footnote.

ded redd
Aug 1, 2010

To clarify half the intent of that post was lashing out at the thought of Trump’s latest nuclear-strapped appointments having an upside to the extent that its open chaos would yield electoral gains. The field could be packed with everyone from Keith Ellison to the reanimated corpse of Williams Jenning Bryant and it would still seem like a demented train of thought.

ded redd
Aug 1, 2010

Extensive Vamping posted:

From CSPAM:

Isn't this is a good point, though? It seems reasonable to suspect that some Democratic pols have incentive to fail to oppose the regressive agenda outside of triangulation. Is this a really outrageous theory or something?

In this case it’s more the poster than the post.

ded redd
Aug 1, 2010

Nonsense posted:

The libs will always be owned.

Shutcher mouth lib

ded redd
Aug 1, 2010

https://twitter.com/matthewstoller/status/1019342257336602625?s=21
https://twitter.com/matthewstoller/status/1019342980526813185?s=21

ded redd
Aug 1, 2010

https://twitter.com/ryangrim/status/1024831560229507073

ded redd
Aug 1, 2010

Ah, the Susan Collins defense.

Prester Jane posted:

Nah. As much as I sometimes deride them as the Cult of the Status Quo there's nothing so dramatic going on there. They're just afraid. ( and for a good portion of them this is the first time they've ever truly felt vulnerable in their lives.)

And they have every right to be afraid.

Your generosity is unwarranted and misplaced.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ded redd
Aug 1, 2010

They've cultivated this mythology of a man that for all practical purposes will lead to nowhere and nothing and it rules.

Additionally the Trump thread loving :love:loves:love: Charles Murray, you heard it here first.

• Locked thread