Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
bird food bathtub
Aug 9, 2003

College Slice

Megaman's Jockstrap posted:

This reaction, and the accompanying poll, is dead on. "Democratic" governance in America is now completely decoupled from public opinion.

https://twitter.com/bridgietherease/status/1057696364535078912

How much of that mismatch is what they state, "well golly gee willickers I just plum had no idea that's what they thought!" and how much is "I've got millions of dollars in 'consulting fees' and a cushy god drat gig lined up on the outside if I say the party line on this issue, so I'll say what industry wants me to say and then scream about Muslim invaders to make them forget about it!"

I, for one, am willing to put malice over ignorance on this issue and disagree with their conclusion.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bird food bathtub
Aug 9, 2003

College Slice
Worrying about what Republican propaganda will say about you is a fool's game in an era where those same Republicans are filing lawsuits/writing legislation to cripple the ACA while campaigning on protecting preexisting conditions and George Soros is buying invasion forces that are a thousand miles away on foot that will be here tonight to kick your dog.

They're going to say whatever the gently caress they want, whenever they want. You can't fight that kind of propaganda by trying to avoid letting them say bad things about you.

bird food bathtub
Aug 9, 2003

College Slice
Just to drive home how very, very, terribly lovely Kemp is and how much the Republican party has turned into the bastard love child resulting from the reanimated corpse of Jim Crow hate-loving the Nazi movement; the current investigation into "Democratic Hacking" is a result of the electoral system Kemp is in charge of (that he is also abusing to limit minority voting) having a huge, gaping security flaw that was reported to the FBI. His response to that flaw being reported and investigated is to launch the investigation of "Democratic Hacking" into the system he has refused to secure in lieu of actively abusing it to rig the vote for the election he is running in.

https://www.vox.com/policy-and-politics/2018/11/5/18065258/georgia-governor-race-brian-kemp-stacey-abrams-hacking-democrats-accusations

bird food bathtub
Aug 9, 2003

College Slice
Jesus Christ Florida, looks like you're not kicking the genetic cross-breed of Voldemort and Skeletor out of your state? Bugs Bunny had the right idea.

bird food bathtub
Aug 9, 2003

College Slice
Theoretically Dem control of the house means that they can use the same broken committee rules that Republicans put in place to gently caress with Obama against Trump by unilaterally machine gunning subpoenas against everyone balls deep in the bullshit.

If Pelosi keeps up her third way centrist triangulating bipartisan reaching across the aisle to compromise with Nazis and find the truth in the middle of decorum by not kicking them in the balls now that they finally have a single leg then welp. Being the corporate whores they are I imagine when the calls for austerity to cripple yet another country in the name of capitalist greed come because of all this mysterious debt we have all of a sudden they'll fall in line.

Ya know, so they have nothing to stand on and nothing to offer voters when the next fascist demagogue comes around without crippling dementia and narcissism.

• Locked thread