Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Harold Fjord
Jan 3, 2004

Oxxidation posted:

This is a weirdly specific thing to deny.

I think he was just saying "my ancestors weren't rich"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Harold Fjord
Jan 3, 2004

stone cold posted:

political violence through genocidal rhetoric

Open conspiracy to murder.

Harold Fjord
Jan 3, 2004

Kilroy posted:

don't sign your posts

:vince:

Although, it's really interesting seeing how otherwise intelligent people will get themselves all wound up around stupid arguments just to slapfight over something they clearly misunderstood. But it's JC so I understand the slappy instincts.

Harold Fjord
Jan 3, 2004
All that anger focused at a woman who supported Clinton for agreeing with her male friend.

Weird.

:thunk:

They did not imply that black people are not articulate. The OP incorrectly inferred it.

Harold Fjord fucked around with this message at 21:41 on Oct 4, 2017

Harold Fjord
Jan 3, 2004

C. Everett Koop posted:

I can't believe that the people who nominated and supported a literal slaveowner for president would have issues with race.

Oh this nonsense again

Harold Fjord
Jan 3, 2004
God forbid we give prisoners valuable work experience while they pay their debt to society.

Harold Fjord
Jan 3, 2004
Just lol if you are more worried about constitutional slavery than unconstitutional slavery.

:sparkles:

Harold Fjord
Jan 3, 2004

Cerebral Bore posted:

Is there some kind of bad dem signal that gets lit up the moment somebody points out that centrists are prone to horrible racism that summons you lot to try denying and whataboutizing it away?

I dunno, no one's really pointed out any horrible racism in this thread recently, just one random white woman being slightly insensitive on twitter while talking to black friends who were saying things she agreed with about fake twitter users. Specifically "you can tell some of these weren't written by black people." What a horrible racist.

Harold Fjord fucked around with this message at 14:48 on Oct 5, 2017

Harold Fjord
Jan 3, 2004

NewForumSoftware posted:

lol if you get pedantic about types of slavery and only care about some forms enough to vote for a literal slaveowner in 2016

"constitutionality is pedantry"

:yikes:

Harold Fjord
Jan 3, 2004

Majorian posted:

Mmmm, yes indeed, Sean Hannity - noted for his opposition to the erasure of leftist POCs.:rolleyes:

e: Plus the point of me posting those tweets was to show that centrist erasure of leftist POCs is still happening, almost a year after the election, and I'd like it to stop, please.

Well, since it seems to be happening on twitter maybe you should post about it their instead of this performative outrage about what black people say on twitter about KNOWN FAKE twitter accounts.

Harold Fjord
Jan 3, 2004

Majorian posted:

If you read the Current Affairs piece, you'd see that it's not just random, and is, in fact, part of a broader trend.:ssh:

Maybe you should have quoted just from that that instead of random twitter stuff that no one cares about and didn't show what you claimed it showed.

Harold Fjord
Jan 3, 2004

Majorian posted:

Centrist Democrats claimed that a large proportion of black leftists on twitter were Russian bots because they didn't sound authentically "black,"

I like how the black guy becomes a "centrist dem". Can't let him have any credibility on the topic concerning race can you? Also they were discussing a specific fake account you nitwit.

Lol at Majorian literally erasing a black mans blackness when it suits him.

Harold Fjord fucked around with this message at 18:09 on Oct 5, 2017

Harold Fjord
Jan 3, 2004

theCalamity posted:

I'm a black leftist and I've been called a Bernie bro and a Russian bot a lot by centrists. It happens to a lot of black leftists

Yeah people shouldn't do that. But the only person accusing a person of not being black is that black lady at the end.

JeffersonClay posted:

Guys I am really concerned about the erasure of the 76% of black democratic primary voters who didn't vote for Bernie by prominent white leftists on the somethingawful dot com forums.

Lol if you consider Majorian "prominent"

Cerebral Bore posted:

It's good to see so many woke centrists here to explain to them dumb leftist PoC that their experiences didn't actually happen.

Word? where's that?

Harold Fjord
Jan 3, 2004

Cerebral Bore posted:

Every time you post.

Nah. You full of poo poo

Harold Fjord
Jan 3, 2004
What twitter account was that white lady referring to when she agreed with her black friend, if a bit tone deafly.

:thunk::thunk::thunk:

Majorian posted:

If he's punching left that deliberately, it's a pretty good bet he's a centrist.

Actually, if you look at the first tweet, he says, "There were FAR too many black Bernie Bros to be real, esp once he was outed as a fraud!" So he's pretty clearly not talking about just one person/fake account. You nitwit.
"It's ok to erase black people if they are centrists" - someone who is genuinely concerned about PoC.

Harold Fjord
Jan 3, 2004

Majorian posted:

Mmmm, no. Calling them out on erasing leftist POCs isn't itself "erasure." Do you need me to define that word for you? It might ease your confusion.

You deliberately masking his blackness in your posts to remove his credibility regarding black issues is erasure you dumbshit

Harold Fjord
Jan 3, 2004

Cerebral Bore posted:

Maybe you should shut up and actually listen to PoC when they tell you about a problem instead of reflexively trying to deny and minimize?

Who? I'm listening to the black guy who thought the account was fake. Who am I erasing by saying "maybe that guy knows a thing or two about black people."?

Harold Fjord fucked around with this message at 18:20 on Oct 5, 2017

Harold Fjord
Jan 3, 2004
"Listen to POC. Unless they are dirty centrists"

Harold Fjord
Jan 3, 2004

Cerebral Bore posted:

You're sure as poo poo not listening to the people who are actually experiencing the problem, buddo. That you'd try to use some unrelated dude performing amateur linguistics based on a twitter post as a shield really says it all.

Who is actually experiencing the problem that I didn't listen to?

theCalamity posted:

Yeah, just because a black person is erasing my race or calling me a bot doesn't make it better.

I agree with this. I disagree that someone saying "I know those couldn't all be real" means they are erasing you individually. Especially when they are talking in the specific context of a known fake.

Harold Fjord fucked around with this message at 18:28 on Oct 5, 2017

Harold Fjord
Jan 3, 2004

Majorian posted:

Briahna Joy Gray, the black woman who got told by the white woman that she should make black friends to understand what it's like to be black. (also the author of the Current Affairs piece)

Yeah, that was a pretty rude thing that lady said to her. I'm not sure how I'm failing to listen to her, she's not really part of this conversation.

Harold Fjord
Jan 3, 2004

Majorian posted:

She wrote a whole drat article about how black leftists' voices get silenced by establishment Democrats. You've been ignoring her points this whole conversation because they don't fit into your narrative.

Actually I just didn't read it. What thread did you think this was?

Cerebral Bore posted:

This whole shebang right here really shows how shallow and opportunistic the typical centrist's commitment to antiracism really is. Somebody brings up a problem that reflects badly on their team and they start falling over themselves to deny that it could possibly be a problem. Note that not a single one of the usual suspects have even tried to engage with the actual substance, i.e. that PoC leftists feel erased, and instead it's all posting about posters, posting about posting and impugning the motives and character of people who brought up the problem and even denying that the PoC who have spoken and written at length on the topic really matter to the conversation.

Really says it all.

This isn't the thread for taking Majorians concerns for twitter leftists seriously, sorry.

Harold Fjord
Jan 3, 2004
I'm not a dem. I'm just a guy who thinks it's weird to post random twitters to show how woke you are.

Like of course some black people support Bernie. Duh. But we know there were Russian bots, and if some black guy overgeneralizes a little and some white lady is a bit insensitive while agreeing with him... meh.

Harold Fjord
Jan 3, 2004

Majorian posted:

Do you really not see why your position is problematic?

My position takes into account the actual context of those tweets you posted. try it sometime.

Cerebral Bore posted:

This whole shebang right here really shows how shallow and opportunistic the typical centrist's commitment to antiracism really is.

The serious antiracist work being done by quoting random twitters on a dead gay comedy forum.

Edit- skimmed the work. People shouldn't overgeneralize. Someone overgeneralized on twitter. It happens. Woopee doo he must be a dirty centrist! Get him!

Harold Fjord fucked around with this message at 18:46 on Oct 5, 2017

Harold Fjord
Jan 3, 2004

Majorian posted:

Except that you blatantly ignored the position of the person of color who complained about her opinion being erased. (and are still doing it) That's a pretty significant part of the context that you're not taking into account.

What part of her position did I ignore? Please provide a quote from the source if you would like me to consider it, and I will.

Harold Fjord
Jan 3, 2004

Majorian posted:

Well, you admitted to ignoring the article she wrote, for starters.

Also, your position through this whole discussion has been along the lines of, "Who cares what people write on twitter?" To which my answer has been, "Well, this POC leftist, who wrote this really good piece on it, for starters." So far, I haven't gotten much of an answer from you on this.

I read her piece, I still don't care that you found an example of two people on the internet being a bit overbroad in their word choice when discussing an actual fake bernie supporter and I wouldn't call that erasure of people of color. Maybe a woman of color disagrees with me about that. Maybe she's right. You certainly aren't very persuasive about it though.

That white lady was definitely dumb as heck, don't get me wrong.

Harold Fjord fucked around with this message at 18:58 on Oct 5, 2017

Harold Fjord
Jan 3, 2004

theCalamity posted:

This happens to actual PoC leftists all of the time. I was called a Russian bot and double bro whatever that means. Most of us aren't fake but people keep calling us bots or Bros or just outright ignore us.

And that sucks and is bullshit.

Majorian posted:

If that were the case, you wouldn't just call it "one" example of "two people on the internet being a bit overbroad in their word choice when discussing an actual fake bernie supporter." There are multiple examples in there of leftist POCs' opinions getting erased. This poo poo is widespread, and you're being pretty ignorant and callous in suggesting that it's not.

I'm only talking about the example you posted guy. Maybe next time you'll virtue signal with better ones.

Harold Fjord
Jan 3, 2004

botany posted:

eyyyy i have a bingo!!

Sorry "perform wokeness"

:tipshat:

Harold Fjord
Jan 3, 2004

Cerebral Bore posted:

Besides that, remember when it turned out that there actually was a massive botnet masquerading as "bernie bros" and certain people who had been very into yelling about russian bots and "ratfucking" had to eat a whole lot of crow?

I remember that, which is why I don't flip out when someone mentions that fake Bernie supporters exist on twitter.

Harold Fjord
Jan 3, 2004

Majorian posted:

Holy poo poo dude. Just fess up and admit that you don't care about leftist POC's opinions. You're already hinting it loudly enough.

I do care about those though. Just not yours specifically. Or any of the other weirdos here trying to score leftism posting points. Stop trying to use others as a shield.

Harold Fjord
Jan 3, 2004
Really though I just wanna laugh at that idiot who made a bad inference and accused the guy of implying something he never implied. That's all I ever wanted.

loving lol.

Harold Fjord
Jan 3, 2004

Heck Yes! Loam! posted:

You are all pretty much guilty of the thing you are railing against, and are just using PoC as a cudgel in your slapfight.

Majorian posted:

I'm not "using others as a shield, though." I'm using Gray's tweets and article as examples (which themselves contain other examples) of a female POC leftist whose opinions keep getting erased/silenced/ignored by centrist Democrats. You don't have to listen to my opinion if you don't want to - you don't have to listen to anyone's opinion. But don't act like you're not ignoring the opinion of someone who has been on the receiving end of this erasure, because that's exactly what you're doing, and you know it.

Harold Fjord
Jan 3, 2004

Majorian posted:

In other words, you don't particularly care about Gray's perspective. Thanks for admitting it.

This is getting a bit gross.

Harold Fjord fucked around with this message at 19:23 on Oct 5, 2017

Harold Fjord
Jan 3, 2004

Harold Fjord
Jan 3, 2004
"You shouldn't call yourself a centrist, even though we are going to call you one anytime you disagree with anything dumb we say"

Harold Fjord
Jan 3, 2004

Majorian posted:

Dumb stuff like, "Don't silence or erase POC leftists' opinions," got it.

No, dumb stuff like "how dare you not read the article i posted, DONT YOU KNOW ITS BY A WOMAN OF COLOR"

Harold Fjord
Jan 3, 2004

JeffersonClay posted:

when people post dumb poo poo like establishment democrats don't want to do anything for POC, they are erasing the expressed preferences of these voters.

I don't think this logically follows. I mean, clearly black people don't support establishment democrats for no reason at all, but making an incorrect claim about establishment democrats goals/desires doesn't erase their PoC supporters the way "black people don't really support Bernie" does.

Harold Fjord
Jan 3, 2004

Helsing posted:

Primary voters went for the candidate they thought had the best chance of beating an overt white supremacist.

You think that was the only thing primary voters cared about? really?

Harold Fjord
Jan 3, 2004

Condiv posted:

they probably cared about black lives matter, which is why it's so upsetting that clinton's cronies decided it was a good idea to distract from blm by trying to attack bernie sanders on sandy hook

Condiv posted:

i'd also assume that not coddling rapists was p big on the list of women who voted for hillary in the primary, which is why it's so upsetting that her campaign was so entangled with a rapist like weinstein.

How is Weinstein emailing the campaign suggesting a thing the same as the campaign doing that thing or being "so entangled" with him?

Harvey Weinstein sounds like a real dick. But showing he's a dick who talked to the campaign doesn't really establish any wrongdoing on the campaigns part.

Constantly implying guilt by association in a two party system seems like a really easy way to drive down voter enthusiasm though.

Harold Fjord fucked around with this message at 16:28 on Oct 6, 2017

Harold Fjord
Jan 3, 2004
Did they ever do the really gross thing he suggested?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Harold Fjord
Jan 3, 2004

Condiv posted:

hillary tried to claim bernie hated sandy hook victims' parents

That's quite the ridiculous exaggeration. It's almost like nothing you post about HRC has ever been in good faith.

Also, they should be allowed to sue the gun manufacturers. And we should ban guns. And I like Bernie better than I like Hilary but maybe he was wrong about this one point.

But I do get why, being from the state he is in, maybe it's politically important for him to be wrong on this point.

• Locked thread