Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
GLOSS
Apr 10, 2005

PEARL GROWLS "TAKE OFF THAT SHIRT, STEVEN." I COMPLY, REVEALING THE FULL LENGTH SHIRT TATTOO. PEARL RETREATS INTO HER GEM, DEFEATED.

Marvel's Inhumans is the inevitable fallout of Marvel being real mad that they can't make a X-Men show based in the MCU. The Inhumans concept was originally slated to be a full length movie, but due to infighting between the television and movie divisions, the Inhumans have been downgraded to a network television show helmed by the guy who made the worst Netflix Marvel show. All the reviews going in say this is easily the worst thing Marvel itself has put out since the inception of the MCU, but most have only seen the first two episodes, which were released early on IMAX screens, as IMAX has apparently funded 50% of the budget for this. So I'm not saying it's always gonna be bad, but let's not get our hopes up. Let's get through this slog together, so we can make it to...

Agents of SHIELD Season 5, NOW IN SPACE.

The most polarizing thing in the MCU returns, surprisingly, for a 5th season. Last season ended with the SHIELD crew being captured by a shady organization, and (presumably seeing as we only saw Coulson) being forced into some weird space situation. With the upcoming Infinity War and Captain Marvel on the horizon, there's plenty of reasons to be excited about possible tie-ins to the actual MCU which you can get excessively angry about later when absolutely nothing that happens on television affects what happens on the big screen.

So who's ready for low budget Marvel?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

I guess I'll watch it, maybe it'll be funny bad and we can make this into another edition of the best TVIV threads ever - the Dexter threads. I mean it IS more Scott Buck...

Jamesman
Nov 19, 2004

"First off, let me start by saying curly light blond hair does not suit Hyomin at all. Furthermore,"
Fun Shoe
I'm willing to give this a chance because I have yet to see any Marvel show or movie that wasn't at least worth watching, but I'm really not expecting much based on the trailers and early opinions.

GLOSS
Apr 10, 2005

PEARL GROWLS "TAKE OFF THAT SHIRT, STEVEN." I COMPLY, REVEALING THE FULL LENGTH SHIRT TATTOO. PEARL RETREATS INTO HER GEM, DEFEATED.

Jamesman posted:

I'm willing to give this a chance because I have yet to see any Marvel show or movie that wasn't at least worth watching, but I'm really not expecting much based on the trailers and early opinions.

This is really where I'm at with this. I'm generally really easy to please when it comes to entertainment, but man everything leading into this has been a trainwreck from the beginning. I'm hoping they manage to pull something amazing out in the second half but I'm not holding my breath...

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

This make up

Holy poo poo

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Gordon was better at his job

Jamesman
Nov 19, 2004

"First off, let me start by saying curly light blond hair does not suit Hyomin at all. Furthermore,"
Fun Shoe
Well.... you can definitely tell this was made for IMAX.

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

But how does it taste? Yummy!
Dinosaur Gum
Was there anything new to the broadcast that wasn't in the theatrical screening before the credits sequence? I stupidly had my TV on CBS instead of ABC.

BrianWilly
Apr 24, 2007

There is no homosexual terrorist Johnny Silverhand
When does Iron Man appear

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

This is not terrible?

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Well that was nice and civilized

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

A lot of it looks cheap, but the actors all seem all right. Gorgon's pretty fun so far.

Jamesman
Nov 19, 2004

Fun Shoe

Mr Ice Cream Glove posted:

This is not terrible?

The acting at the beginning and the "THIS IS IMAX!" camera shots were sucky, but yeah, everything after that hasn't been too bad. Medusa's hair even looked decently animated.

Codependent Poster posted:

A lot of it looks cheap, but the actors all seem all right. Gorgon's pretty fun so far.

I imagine a lot of the look is meant to be "We only have moon rock to make our buildings with" or something, but yeah it's bland as gently caress. The characters are drawing a lot of the focus away from the sets though.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

The terrible Medusa wig is way too distracting for me.

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

Dinosaur Gum

muscles like this! posted:

The terrible Medusa wig is way too distracting for me.

As someone who watched the theatrical thing; I assure you the hair gets way better as it goes.

GLOSS
Apr 10, 2005

#ImWithMaximus

Brock Samson
May 13, 2003

I let you know me, see me. I gave you a rare gift, but you didn't want it.

Lol the guy with the projector eyes

Jamesman
Nov 19, 2004

Fun Shoe

Brock Samson posted:

Lol the guy with the projector eyes

His power is he became an IMAX theatre.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Yeah right now Maximus seems like he's got a couple of legit gripes. I appreciate that they aren't making Black Bolt into a jerk though.

Postal Parcel
Aug 2, 2013
The make up and costume design in this show is definitely low budget. But wow, that childhood scene was pretty bad

e:Um, what was that action scene?

Postal Parcel fucked around with this message at 01:39 on Sep 30, 2017

Jamesman
Nov 19, 2004

Fun Shoe
OK Fallout powers is kinda neat.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

I like the way they handled Karnak

This isn't really bad at all so far. But its strengths are definitely the cast with Gorgon and Karnak being the two best at the moment.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Nice doggy

GLOSS
Apr 10, 2005

Literal budget cuts happening right now

Jamesman
Nov 19, 2004

Fun Shoe
Space clippers.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Jamesman posted:

Space clippers.

They have to groom, even in space!

She looks way better with that buzz cut though.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Lol what the heck Lockjaw

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

Dinosaur Gum

Regy Rusty posted:

Lol what the heck Lockjaw

Lockjaw is a good dog. Not a smart dog.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

jivjov posted:

Lockjaw is a good dog. Not a smart dog.

I'm helping!

GLOSS
Apr 10, 2005

Lockjaw trolling hard right now

Brock Samson
May 13, 2003

Lol

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

We hit Lockjaw with the "too expensive" beam.

Edit: Call me crazy but maybe they should give the king some kind of communicator that he can actually use?

muscles like this! fucked around with this message at 02:03 on Sep 30, 2017

Brock Samson
May 13, 2003

Lol the guy fall down

Loser_Rex
Apr 14, 2006

Spidercock? Here?
This is not as bad as everyone made it out to be thus far.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Edit: Call me crazy but maybe they should give the king some kind of communicator that he can actually use?

Black Bolt is going to resort to farts to communicate.

Lockjaw is a good dog to put everyone in places with good scenery.

Jamesman
Nov 19, 2004

Fun Shoe

I hope he ends up in a toy store and grabs himself a Speak & Spell.

Also the guy falling off the rocks is such a lame fakeout. We KNOW he analyzed his chances and didn't actually fall.

Brock Samson
May 13, 2003

Brock Samson posted:

Lol the guy fall down

The other guy doesnt understand the concept of not being able to breathe underwater

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

I think a big problem with the show is that Iwan Rheon is such a better actor than everyone else.

Jamesman
Nov 19, 2004

Fun Shoe

Jamesman posted:

Also the guy falling off the rocks is such a lame fakeout. We KNOW he analyzed his chances and didn't actually fall.

Well gently caress me the guy did straight up fall off those cliffs. Stupid rear end.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

Like a notepad. A space notepad

• Locked thread