Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?
My coffee warned me about it.

It's still september even in my timezone :argh:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?

Red Dead Redemption is the perfect open world game to me.

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?

courage owns

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?

Taintrunner posted:

Guys that Battlefront 2 beta looks really good. Like really good
Oh poo poo, there's a beta out? Thanks for letting me know, I'll start downloading asap.

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?

In Training posted:

Lol in Shadow of War you get a permanent 3% XP bonus if you sign up for their newsletter.
What the hell

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?

I love that Battlefront 2 mixes Star Wars eras, it's the right choice, it's fun to have Darth Maul fight against Han Solo. I digged that you could do stuff like that in Masters of Teras Kasi and I dig it now. Gaming is a cool medium like that.

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?

Yeah, I like when they simply don't answer the question. That's how the version that I originally watched was and what I thought was the perfect ending.

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?

From what I remember in the theatrical version they simply drive away through a forest landscape which was also a contrast to the cyberpunk rainy city. The fun bit of trivia is that those shots were unused aerial helicopter shots from Kubrick's The Shining.

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?

VideoGames posted:

I absolutely agree that it doesn't matter if Deckard is or isn't a replicant. That's not what we are trying to question and that is why I love it. I love stories that examine what we call humanity. It's such an interesting and intriguing concept.

Are there games that go into this sort of thing? (I did play the original Bladerunner game all those years ago, and that was a ride!)
Witcher 3 does it at least a few times but replace replicants with monsters. Also humans are the real monsters etc.

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?

Oh yeah, the main plot of Binary Domain revolves around the replicant idea.

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?

We're going to watch the sci fi movie for dudes with my gf and then we can balance it out and go for a movie targeted towards women a few days later.

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?

I thought that both demos for Resident Evil 7 and Silent Hill P.T. did the horror right. The problem is that in full games the devs decide to ramp it up and end up giving the player guns and the tension somewhat goes away. It could probably work if they stuck to the original idea and kept the title 4-6 hours long but both of those things kill sales so I get why it's not happening.

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?

A Twin Peaks rpg where during the day you explore the town and do quests for the weird npcs and at night you fight the black lodge.

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?

When people talk about truly bad games (not just very flawed) that are somehow good they almost always mean that they simply have a comedic value. Which makes the idea way less abstract and easier to understand. Intentional or unintentional humor can carry a game way further than you'd expect it if it's the type of humor that the player enjoys. If it's a miss for the particular person though, there's nothing left to enjoy.

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?

I'm not really surprised that fans of titles that didn't have lootboxes don't want them in the sequels. I get that you can list reasons why publishers do their thing but you can also list reasons why part of the audience is wary of the idea as it may be unreasonably implemented.

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?

Help Im Alive posted:

What do you do with a video game house

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?

So what good games released in October so far? Maybe I'll buy one.

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?

It came to a point where people cosplayed the SA paywall page at anime cons:

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?

I can't wait to kill some Nazis.

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?

VG! posted:

Will more cities pop up on the big map? Or is it only the five things I can see currently. I think my mind would explode if there were more still to be revealed.
As people are saying - you haven't gotten to the open world yet. White Orchard is the starting gated area where you're learning the systems, things will open up way more. Those towns you're visiting now are only a little taste - there are giant cities ahead, probably the biggest ones in any Western RPG to date. Knowing you, you'll probably get a heart attack when you see how Blood and Wine looks but that's way ahead.

Palpek fucked around with this message at 13:38 on Oct 16, 2017

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?

https://twitter.com/roqchams/status/918610815770644480?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?

That's way too much forehead for Johnny.

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?

One day Johnny will return in a full-fledged game, his time is yet to come, the concept of five aces, balls on a cliff and bookworld will always resonate with gamer consciousness.

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?

I don't care about microtransactions in Shadow of War but the fact that it features Sheloba turned into a seductive human dominatrix with a sexy voice who helps the player because Sauron broke up with her is pretty fucken lol.

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?

Cowcaster posted:

edit: diablo 3 is there for the same reason too
I went back to Diablo 3 recently and it's really cool now. I especially like the game mode where they give you an ultra leveled pre-made character with god-tier gear and your goal is to clear a special level in a set ammount of time and the margin for error is really slim. It basically gives you a time-attack mode where everything on the screen explodes constantly and when you win they shower you with items. You also get unique and set items all the time while playing now including being able to craft those. I had a lot of fun doing a fresh season.

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

The Blink-182? :aaa:
DeLonge went off the deep end some time ago which was one of the reasons Blink disbanded. He opened some ufo shop or something. But this is a completely new level and he seems to actually have people supporting him and investors and poo poo :psyduck:.

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?

Andromeda also hit Origin Access today. Now that's a wrap.

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?

VideoGames posted:

I get to play Witcher 3 tonight and I am excited as all heck! :D
*in Morpheus voice* Welcome to the real world.

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?

Dialogues, voice work, facial/body language animations - overall the conversation direction is consistently excellent in TW3 and carries the game. Of course there's a lot more there but it's just great that you can trust the game to entertain and surprise you even during a random conversation with an unimportant NPC because the devs wanted you to have fun. I never felt as rewarded for exhausting optional dialogue trees than in TW3.

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?

Cowcaster posted:

part of the reason people were so stunned by the utter lack of facial/body animations during dialogue in mass effect andromeda was because witcher 3 had set the bar so high years earlier
vs

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?

It's funny when people who insist that they aren't in fact Nazis but [enter an euphemism here] get somehow offended that somebody said they want to kill actual Nazis.

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?

I trust Machine Games to make a good FPS.

Also if you have a problem with a game having you kill pixel Nazis from Nazi Germany with swastikas on their foreheads then your opinion that this is political doesn't really matter to me.

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?

Ciaphas posted:

why hasn't humanity invented caffeinated milk yet it's 2017 fer gently caress's sake
Because coffee is delicious.

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?

My opinion on coffee:

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?

Excel Saga - your tables have stories now?

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?

It took me a long time too but I'm still not completely done with the Blood and Wine expansion and I started to play the game at release so maybe I'm not the best person to ask.

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?

Team Yen.

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?

That feel when you're in Velen in the middle of the game talking to another poor sap whose beloved family member went missing and the music is playing in the background, the trees are moving in the wind and the sun is slowly setting. Your mouse cursor hovers over a dialogue option for a little bit to let this moment last longer. Then, you finally click on 'do you want to play Gwent?' and it's complete, pure gaming perfection.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?

Quest For Glory II posted:

i like how NeoGAF has been "undergoing regularly scheduled maintenance" for like 3-4 days now. just put up a message like "PEOPLE hosed UP we'll talk about it later"
Close it down imo.

• Locked thread