Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

Lichyard Werezard

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

homeless snail posted:

oh no... I'm gonna need more red yarn

*runs into thread, panting, out of breath*

the yarn represents love

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

exquisite tea posted:

Eternal Darkness was so good. One of the rare examples where getting stuck in development hell actually resulted in a better and more cohesive product.

I believe you mean Nintendo

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

Didn't know Roman Bellic was in FF14.

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

hell, same

The Colonel posted:

wow, everything past 6-1 in dynamite headdy sure loves to hand your rear end to you

Get the Japanese ROM and the translation patch, Headdy was made much harder for its US release.

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

The Colonel posted:

lol i'm glad the secret ending of dynamite headdy is just headdy beating the crap out of a greedy theater owner while dodging falling yen

that game owned, i'm glad genesis-era treasure existed

Actually that's meant to be the president of Sega

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

an actual dog posted:

because of elder scrolls online. the moment they make a new elder scrolls without a subscription fee they'll lose all their mmo money.

ESO is buy-to-play with a cash shop.

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

Guys, I just realized. Sonic & Knuckles was originally going to be part of Sonic 3. Tails got introduced in Sonic 2. Knuckles was 3.

What if we had gotten successive Sonic platformers with one more playable character each time?

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

show your work

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

Internet Kraken posted:

More characters have always made Sonic games better right

Shadow the Hedgehog: 1 character

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

glam rock hamhock posted:

While you only played Shadow you got a crap ton of partner characters throughout the game.

You didn't play as them

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

CJacobs posted:

Splat2n players want to destroy Pearl, not Marina

:whitewater:

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

https://twitter.com/Sir_Fowler/status/916470292821798912

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

Looper posted:

There are no bad smash bros

PlayStation All-Stars

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

So what's the full story with the whole Hat in Time doxxing thing? Game looks real good, but I'm getting conflicting reports on what went down.

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

The Colonel posted:

wait what the gently caress

the drama i was aware of was that jontron is still in the game as an avoidable side character and the lead dev has a pretty lovely history from everything he's done pre-2007, is this a new thing

I wish I could provide more details atm, but all google turns up is a pro-GG subreddit roundly dismissing the thing.

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

I'm going to be a Switch owner tomorrow! Also, 32.

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

What are some good Switch games besides Mario? I'm probably going to pick up Mario x Rabbids and maybe Spla2n.

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

People, please. Tell me, what are the good Switch games that are out

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

Oddium when was your birthday anyway

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

oddium posted:

my birthday is today

Ah! Happy birthday, birthday neighbor.

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

In Training posted:

Zelda as well. I like ARMS but don't spend 60 dollars in arms unless you have friends to play it with

I've got Zelda on Wii U already.

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

tap my mountain posted:

Oh the new shantae game if you haven't played it yet

wayforward's games are horny in a way i'm not sure i'm ok with

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

I'll never forget WayForward's breakout hit on the 3DS, "a cartoon cop with boobs: the game"

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

gold box ssi pathfinder

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

Hi I just got my Switch and what's the right way to dock it

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

SW-5433-0699-4792

friend me you cowards

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

Those games would be vastly improved if you were Batman. No other changes though.

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

Shitlords are coming out of the woodwork to get mad at Wolfenstein's message of "Nazis are bad".

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

hi games, i think i might be getting promoted to management wizard soon!

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

Update: it was a co-worker loving with me. Cool goof guy I hope you got a loving chuckle

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

Samuringa posted:

It's weird how many games that had long, troubled dev cycles actually got released in 2017. We've had Overgrowth, Hat in Time, Last Guardian, FFXV, Cuphead, Persona 5, Grimoire(Quality notwithstanding, it did come out), A Metroid game...

Good to see people's hard work actually paying off in the end, makes me less skeptic about announcements like Prime 4 or BG&E2.

FFXV and Last Guardian came out last year actually

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

FirstAidKite posted:

Hey everybody, since we're talking about mediocre games that you like/don't like, I thought maybe I'd ask a question.

What's your favorite game that you realize is mediocre or otherwise not noteworthy or is outclassed by other games? Something that people generally shrug off but you enjoy it regardless? Why do you like that game?

For me, it'd be Torchlight 2. I enjoyed the first Torchlight a lot and I've noticed in the past year or so a lot of people dismissing 2 and saying that it is a bad game (or at least a very "meh" game). It has its flaws, sure (iirc, on higher difficulties you can get one-shotted by enemy critical hits with no way to get around it other than "be an engineer"), but I like the aesthetic and moddability and just running around with some friends and clicking on stuff to smash them until they explode.

There are other games I enjoy that are seen as being :mediocre: but I figure I'll just write about that one for now.

Freedom Force

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

Freedom Force's difficulty is weirdly uneven. Later in the game a robot is sent from the future to kill you, except you reprogram him to be one of your party members and he's chill after that.

The robot uses radiation ranger attacks, which basically any enemy made of flesh is weak to. Most enemies tend to be made of flesh, but for the ones who aren't, don't worry because the robot gets a debuff whose sole function is to make the target WEAK TO EVERY ELEMENT IN THE GAME. He can also clone himself!

Freedom Force is loving dumb.

Scaly Haylie fucked around with this message at 23:24 on Oct 17, 2017

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

hey payday 2 how about you stop telling me about an event like every day

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

Sakurazuka posted:

Final Fantasy X is the best FF game

I'm sorry, it's still FF14.

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

It's a dressup game actually

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

Hi I don't care about Fire Emblem, is Fire Emblem Warriors a good licensed Warriors game though?

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

are the weapons cool and good, and is there content

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

https://twitter.com/pwnmanexe/status/921957986314145793

• Locked thread