Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

That motley drama—oh, be sure
It shall not be forgot!
With its Phantom chased for evermore
By a crowd that seize it not,
Through a circle that ever returneth in
To the self-same spot,
And much of Madness, and more of Sin,
And Horror the soul of the plot.

But see, amid the mimic rout,
A crawling shape intrude!
A blood-red thing that writhes from out
The scenic solitude!
It writhes!—it writhes!—with mortal pangs
The mimes become its food,
And seraphs sob at vermin fangs
In human gore imbued.

Out—out are the lights—out all!
And, over each quivering form,
The curtain, a funeral pall,
Comes down with the rush of a storm,
While the angels, all pallid and wan,
Uprising, unveiling, affirm
That the play is the tragedy, “Man,”
And its hero,

Welcome one and all, to the official :spooky:Scream Scream:spooky: thread for this October. What started as a way to celebrate Halloween with a few online friends has grown into a yearly tradition that I want to share with everyone. If you love horror movies and the season of the witch even half as much as I do, or if you just want to hang out with some goons and watch movies this October, you'll fit right in. Now, let me explain how this works.

Starting on the 6th, every Friday, Saturday and Sunday for all of October, at 8:30 EST, I'll be streaming two horror films a night, along with some other light halloween-themed entertainment to break it up. The stream is hosted on this Ustream channel
, and sometimes here when Ustream decides it wants to suck (it does that a lot). That's 24 horror movies, for free! Wowsers! And you can chat with me and fellow goons in the stream while we watch the movie!

Every Scream Stream has its own Scream Theme, and this year the theme of the films shown will be anthologies. Every single feature will be a collection of short horror tales. Some of the best (and funniest) horror movies of all time are anthologies, and the upside of the genre is that if a segment sucks, it won't drag on for 2 hours.

The fine gentleman who sold me this year's selection.

The usual disclaimer applies that I haven't seen everything I'll be streaming, so surprises are in store for all of us. As is tradition, I'll also be showing something after the second movie for you night owls.

But the fun of the Scream Stream doesn't just stop at watching awesome horror movies with cool and handsome people! We also have prizes! What kind of prizes? Well how's about :

Every single Friday night, you'll have your chance to enter a raffle to win a pizza that will be delivered on the following night, to enjoy while you watch your movies! You have to tune in for the details. The only thing tastier than pizza is pizza you don't have to pay for! Here are some satisfied winners from the past:

As always, I'm very happy to share my love of Halloween, horror, pizza and b-movies with you all, and spending a few hours every week-end enjoying the finest things in life is one of my favorite things I do every year. If you're new to the stream, don't be shy about posting! I don't bite....

Lurdiak fucked around with this message at 04:49 on Oct 2, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

SCREAM STREAM 4 MONSTER HALL OF FAME

Here's what we watched so far this month!

The Vault of Horror

ABCs of Death 2

Spirits of the Dead

Campfire Tales (1997)

Trick 'r Treat

The Uncanny

Kwaidan

Tales from the Darkside: The Movie

Dead of Night

Chillerama

Tales of Terror

Body Bags

Tales from the Hood

Cat's Eye

The House That Dripped Blood

Twilight Zone: The Movie

Black Sabbath

Twice Told Tales

Torture Garden

From a Whisper to a Scream (aka The Offspring)

From Beyond The Grave

Necronomicon (1993)

Dr. Terror's House of Horrors

Asylum

And if you're curious about previous years, check out the official Scream Stream Letterboxd courtesy of friend of the stream Franchescanado!

And for the nostalgic, here are the intros from the previous years' streams:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JyOebimeruU

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tpI9WZdIe30

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6mzO7BYE9TA

Lurdiak fucked around with this message at 07:19 on Oct 30, 2017

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord
There must be something on.
It's Scream Stream, our favorite show!

Lil Mama Im Sorry
Oct 14, 2012

I'M BACK AND I'M SCARIN' WHITE FOLKS
Yesssssss

HappiestBatman
Apr 16, 2010

The wind rises, tearing dead leaves free. Frogs croak like a cartoon car alarm. Crickets pick up the chorus. A wolf howls. I know how he feels.

\
Hell yes. Discovered the Scream Stream two years ago and it's already one of my favorite October traditions.

Gwyrgyn Blood
Dec 17, 2002

RATTLE THEM BONES AT MIDNIGHT

I know very little of horror anthologies so this is probably going to be entirely new to me, especially since I think the only other ones I've seen, I have seen on this stream.

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

Gwyrgyn Blood posted:

I know very little of horror anthologies so this is probably going to be entirely new to me, especially since I think the only other ones I've seen, I have seen on this stream.

YES! My favorite time of year.

Anthologies is a cool theme. I'm looking forward to it. Thanks again Lurdiak.

Dr.Caligari
May 5, 2005

"Here's a big, beautiful avatar for someone"
Could you repost the links to previous years intros?

Thanks, can't wait for the weekend!

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

Dr.Caligari posted:

Could you repost the links to previous years intros?

I knew I forgot something! Added.

Gwyrgyn Blood posted:

You're in for a treat, dude. Horror anthologies are like the all you can eat buffets of movies.

Dr.Caligari posted:

Thanks, can't wait for the weekend!

Pennywise the Frown posted:

YES! My favorite time of year.

Anthologies is a cool theme. I'm looking forward to it. Thanks again Lurdiak.

HappiestBatman posted:

Hell yes. Discovered the Scream Stream two years ago and it's already one of my favorite October traditions.

Saint Freak posted:

There must be something on.
It's Scream Stream, our favorite show!

:spooky: :toot: :dance: Welcome back, y'all!

Lil Mama Im Sorry
Oct 14, 2012

I hope we watch Cat's Eye, i havent seen it im forever but it was one of my favs growing up

Ramadu
Aug 25, 2004

2015 NFL MVP

Hell yeah it's the best time of the year

Choco1980
Feb 22, 2013

I fell in love with a Video Nasty
Aw poo poo yes. I am all about this every year as my tradition. I love the crap outta you Lurdiak, even though your opinions on film eat it.

Kharn_The_Betrayer
Nov 15, 2013

Fun Shoe
Awww YEAH! Can't wait for next week !

Mover
Jun 30, 2008

:spooky: The Scream Stream :spooky:

:staredog: Awooooooo

JetpackJeezus
Jul 27, 2011

Heaven Can Wait
I'm only here for the Ernest shorts. The films and bonus shows are okay, too. I guess.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

I am ready for my annual session of complaining that the Scream Stream is on too late at night for me so I can't watch it. Thanks, Lurdiak!

Ruptured Yakety Sax
Jun 8, 2012

ARE YOU AN ANGEL, BIRD??
Thats about midday here. Seems pretty doable

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
Clear western hemisphere bias, this is 1:30 am here :mad:. Still, I might be able to do it once or twice for fun.

Optimistic Puma
Aug 7, 2007
Where did the seagulls take my sister?
I’m super psyched for this! Last year was my first year. I couldn’t participate with the free pizza raffle last year because there wasn’t a pizza place that would deliver to my house. Now there is! It’s Domino’s, so it barely qualifies as pizza, but it will work!

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

https://twitter.com/picdescbot/status/914414642721689600

"I think we may be hosed"

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

The Kwanzaa Bot is here to protect me.

Somehow I've never noticed this existing the last 4 times, but it's a loving fantastic idea. Now I have motivation to survive another week!

Adlai Stevenson
Mar 4, 2010

Making me ashamed to feel the way that I do
Oh man, I picked a great time to wander back to the forums. I missed last year but two years ago was dope, greatly looking forward to this.

Lil Mama Im Sorry posted:

I hope we watch Cat's Eye, i havent seen it im forever but it was one of my favs growing up

No lie, I watched that as a little kid at my cousins' house on vacation and for the next 15 years I couldn't fall asleep on my back.

Rivarz
Oct 11, 2004
He who flows like water
Lurdiak, my wife has been asking for weeks about this year's stream. You have become a Halloween celebrity in our house the last few years, and Scream Stream has become our favorite October tradition. Can't wait to see what you cook up for this year's intro. They're always amazingly well done.

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011
This sounds great! I'll be there and I'm dragging my partner along too.

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

Lurdiak posted:

Every Scream Stream has its own Scream Theme, and this year the theme of the films shown will be anthologies. Every single feature will be a collection of short horror tales. Some of the best (and funniest) horror movies of all time are anthologies, and the upside of the genre is that if a segment sucks, it won't drag on for 2 hours.

Oh hell yeah.

I haven't seen any of the old Amicus Productions anthologies except for the Tales From the Crypt ones so I'm looking forward to those.

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Star Trek: The Motion Picture is a boring movie
I'm bummed there's no stream tonight, but I can live with it.

I noticed a few posters concerned about missing it all due to time zones. Is there a way to make a recording of the stream like what Twitch does so they can go back and watch it later?

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

Choco1980 posted:

Aw poo poo yes. I am all about this every year as my tradition. I love the crap outta you Lurdiak, even though your opinions on film eat it.

:same: lol

Namirsolo
Jan 20, 2009

Like that, babe?
This pretty much my favorite thing that happens all year.

graventy
Jul 28, 2006

Fun Shoe

Jose Oquendo posted:

I'm bummed there's no stream tonight, but I can live with it.

Wait, it's not starting tonight? Booooooooo

The Scream Stream is awesome and I look forward to skipping friend and family obligations to take part as much as possible.

Choco1980
Feb 22, 2013

I fell in love with a Video Nasty

:spooky::hf::spooky:

Penny here is a cool regular. Hmm...Anthologies, it might be a lean year for movies counting towards my October Challenge Quota, as I'm all about anthologies and have watched a LOT of them....

Lil Mama Im Sorry
Oct 14, 2012

Ive pretty much told everyone im not available weekend evenings for the whole month of October, followed with an ominous "dont ask"

DeimosRising
Oct 17, 2005

ˇHola SEA!

I've never watched before but appreciate the concept and Lurdiak's generosity. I may this year if only cause I'm alone at work on Saturday and Sunday night. Free pizza at work seems highly agreeable too

SomeJazzyRat
Nov 2, 2012

Hmmm...
The only one I've ever caught was a single stream last year. I'm hoping to do my best to watch while also working at the same time.

Has Lurdiak ever shown Freaky Stories on these streams? Very 90's, very tame, very Canadian cartoon about Urban Legends. It seems like the perfect 'G' rated accompaniment to this year's stream.

Adlai Stevenson
Mar 4, 2010

Making me ashamed to feel the way that I do
I know two years ago he was mixing in some Ernest, Le Vampire as bumpers and close off some nights with Eerie, Indiana episodes. Dunno about last year.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

SomeJazzyRat posted:

The only one I've ever caught was a single stream last year. I'm hoping to do my best to watch while also working at the same time.

Has Lurdiak ever shown Freaky Stories on these streams? Very 90's, very tame, very Canadian cartoon about Urban Legends. It seems like the perfect 'G' rated accompaniment to this year's stream.

I tried to, but then one of them tried to pass off a guy accidentally zipping the tablecloth up in his pants and causing a mess when he got up as a "freaky" story.

Basebf555
Feb 29, 2008

The greatest sensual pleasure there is is to know the desires of another!

Fun Shoe
Hey Lurdiak, I have a question.

I just bought two anthologies on blu ray, and I want to watch them but I will wait if they are gonna be on the stream. If I PM you would you be willing to give me the green light to watch them or not? You have my word that I would not tell anyone or even say what the movies that I asked about are in this thread.

I know this would be an exception to the normal rules so not a problem if the answer is no.

fr0id
Jul 27, 2016

Goodness no, now that wouldn't do at all!
I've been looking forward to this literally all year.

Dr.Caligari
May 5, 2005

"Here's a big, beautiful avatar for someone"
^same

Ernest is a Scream Stream staple and I look to it as much as the movies.

So what's all you veterans pick for favorite Scream stream viewing so far? Not necessarily the best movie, but one you enjoyed the most?

Watching Lifeforce for the first time was awesome , but Xtro 2 always comes up when me and the lady are talking about past years.

The Halloween marathon is always a memorable grand finale .

Basebf555
Feb 29, 2008

The greatest sensual pleasure there is is to know the desires of another!

Fun Shoe
My favorite Scream Stream discovery was Christine from last year.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

Basebf555 posted:

My favorite Scream Stream discovery was Christine from last year.

I think this was it for me too for last year.

making GBS threads on dashboards.

• Locked thread