Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord
I can't judge any of them any more because my dumb brain keeps repeating stuff like "THE MANITOU OF THE SUPER MOTHER BUG" every time I try to think back.

I'll say Coraline was probably my favorite discovery just because I don't think I would've watched that on my own.

Shout outs to the Hammer ep The House That Bled To Death though for having my favorite title ever.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Franchescanado
Feb 23, 2013

If it wasn't for disappointment
I wouldn't have any appointment

Grimey Drawer
Yeah well poo poo wipes off

Choco1980
Feb 22, 2013

I fell in love with a Video Nasty
It is hard to top the comedic excellence that was the Xtro 2 stream, but as I said in stream last year, that was a gag that gets old by it's second use.

NuclearPotato
Oct 27, 2011

Hope I can pop in for more of these; I only managed to catch one or two last year. I'm certainly down for some crazy anthology stuff, especially if it means I end up knocking Creepshow off my to-watch list this year. Though looking at the Letterboxd, I guess you already crossed those movies off, didn't you? No matter, looking forward to some spooky (and "spooky") stuff!

NuclearPotato fucked around with this message at 23:01 on Oct 2, 2017

Franchescanado
Feb 23, 2013

Grimey Drawer

NuclearPotato posted:

Hope I can pop in for more of these; I only managed to catch one or two last year. I'm certainly down for some crazy anthology stuff, especially if it means I end up knocking Creepshow off my to-watch list this year. Though looking at the Letterboxd, I guess you already crossed those movies off, didn't you? No matter, looking forward to some spooky (and "spooky") stuff!

I think he shows Creepshow every year?

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

The Creepshows and WNUF are yearly staples.

Pennywise the Frown posted:

I think this was it for me too for last year.

making GBS threads on dashboards.

I was searching for something the other day and I found like 4 posts where you bring up that scene.

Basebf555 posted:

Hey Lurdiak, I have a question.

I just bought two anthologies on blu ray, and I want to watch them but I will wait if they are gonna be on the stream. If I PM you would you be willing to give me the green light to watch them or not? You have my word that I would not tell anyone or even say what the movies that I asked about are in this thread.

I know this would be an exception to the normal rules so not a problem if the answer is no.

Fine, but only because you asked nicely.

Choco1980 posted:

It is hard to top the comedic excellence that was the Xtro 2 stream, but as I said in stream last year, that was a gag that gets old by it's second use.

Don't worry, stream policy is to not repeat things.

Choco1980
Feb 22, 2013

Lurdiak posted:

WNUF are yearly staples.

Choco1980 posted:

I love the crap outta you Lurdiak, even though your opinions on film eat it.

EDIT: Speaking of, I hope you all are ready for me and Lurd to disagree on absolutely everything during the streams! :haw:

Choco1980 fucked around with this message at 00:23 on Oct 3, 2017

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

You and your damned Abnormal brain.

Choco1980
Feb 22, 2013

Lurdiak posted:

You and your damned Abnormal brain.

Reported for doxxing

fr0id
Jul 27, 2016

Goodness no, now that wouldn't do at all!
Any chance of a double feature of WNUF and Ghostwatch? The latter is legit one of the creepiest things I've ever watched.

Basebf555
Feb 29, 2008

The greatest sensual pleasure there is is to know the desires of another!

Fun Shoe

fr0id posted:

Any chance of a double feature of WNUF and Ghostwatch? The latter is legit one of the creepiest things I've ever watched.

Ghostwatch isn't an anthology so probably no. Then again, Lurdiak tends to throw some wild cards in on the last stream of the season so who knows.

Looking forward to hearing what the first anthology of the stream will be. Any bets?

Franchescanado
Feb 23, 2013

Grimey Drawer

Basebf555 posted:

Ghostwatch isn't an anthology so probably no. Then again, Lurdiak tends to throw some wild cards in on the last stream of the season so who knows.

Looking forward to hearing what the first anthology of the stream will be. Any bets?

I'll be tuning in on Friday, but I'm hosting my own horror night on Saturday, so I'll be missing that stream (unless Scream Stream goes past midnight EST, which I don't think it does very often?), and I'll miss it again on 20-22 because of Halloween Horror Nights.

My guess is Creepshow 1 & 2 to start with a bang.

Basebf555
Feb 29, 2008

Fun Shoe
I think Lurdiak likes to save Creepshow until the end of the month usually, but maybe he'll switch it up since anthology is the entire theme this year.

I'm hoping for a Hood of Horror/Tales from the Hood night at some point.

Franchescanado
Feb 23, 2013

Grimey Drawer

Basebf555 posted:

I think Lurdiak likes to save Creepshow until the end of the month usually, but maybe he'll switch it up since anthology is the entire theme this year.

I'm hoping for a Hood of Horror/Tales from the Hood night at some point.

I may show the Scream Stream for one of my horror movie nights if it works out, but I won't be able to chat if I do. Only one of them have seen Creepshow* and I don't think any of them have seen Trick R' Treat, and I was planning on doing a double feature of those closer to Halloween.

*My local theater showed a 35mm print of it the week Romero died, and I tried to get everyone to go. They all had to drop out last second.

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord

Basebf555 posted:

Obviously it will be Snoop Dogg's Hood of Horror.

Basebf555
Feb 29, 2008

Fun Shoe

Saint Freak posted:

Obviously it will be Snoop Dogg's Hood of Horror.

I love Hood of Horror, almost as much as Tales From the Hood(which yes I agree is technically better movie). I've met very few people who agree though.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

All right all right, I don't usually do this but I can tell you're getting antsy.

SCREAM STREAM INAUGURAL NIGHT

This Friday's features, beginning at 8:30 EST are...

The Vault of Horror

and...

ABCs of Death 2

We'll also be playing...

Mystery Bonus Features

This is also your chance to tune in and win...

Be there!

Lurdiak fucked around with this message at 18:48 on Oct 5, 2017

Basebf555
Feb 29, 2008

Fun Shoe
Yesssss, been hyped to see Vault of Horror for a while now. I have a blu ray so I'm gonna sync that up with the stream.

Mover
Jun 30, 2008

ABCs of Horror 2 is soooo much better than the first so I hope people tune in for it even if they were underwhelmed with the first installment, which managed to score 2 out of 26 tries.

Pumped up for day one, love u Lurds

Choco1980
Feb 22, 2013

As predicted, I've seen both of them. I like anthologies a lot hehe. Me and my dad's dog will be there, and probably be square!

TheLoneStar
Feb 9, 2017

Looking forward to it, haven't seen either of these movies before.

Adlai Stevenson
Mar 4, 2010

Making me ashamed to feel the way that I do

TheGamerGuy23 posted:

Looking forward to it, haven't seen either of these movies before.

Same. Vault of Horror looks like something I would've devoured on a Saturday afternoon in the 90s. The ABCs one confuses me a bit (26 directors? buh?) but I'm more than willing to wait for tomorrow to see what the movie's gimmick is.

fr0id
Jul 27, 2016

Goodness no, now that wouldn't do at all!
Anyone have any luck getting this to play well on a Roku?

Gaz2k21
Sep 1, 2006

MEGALA---WHO??!!??

fr0id posted:

Anyone have any luck getting this to play well on a Roku?

There's a private channel for streaming Ustream content I think it's Nowhere stream

Dr.Caligari
May 5, 2005

"Here's a big, beautiful avatar for someone"
Vault of Horror is the OG Tales from the Crypt and rocks

Haven't seen the other, but I'm looking forward to it.

Choco1980
Feb 22, 2013

I think a fun thing is going to be trying to see if the viewers who are blind to ABC 2 can guess what each letter is going to be (they don't tell you until that segment is over). That's part of the fun of the ABC series to me.

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
FEEL FREE TO DISREGARD THIS POST

It is guaranteed to be lazy, ignorant, and/or uninformed.
drat gonna miss this weekend. May make it back in time for some of Friday night . You better not play anything good Lurdiak!!!

Kharn_The_Betrayer
Nov 15, 2013

Fun Shoe
Oh great i havent seen either of those. Cool😁

SomeJazzyRat
Nov 2, 2012

Hmmm...
Cool, can't wait to watch the filmic equivalent of Taco Bell and watch a bunch of people complain that their Taco Bell isn't good enough for them.

Y'all are cool though. I just don't hate ABC's as much as you guys do.

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
I've heard... conflicting opinions on the ABCs but haven't seen any myself. I'll give it a try but might tune out as it's going to be super late anyway. Pretty pumped in an ycase.

graventy
Jul 28, 2006

Fun Shoe

Choco1980 posted:

I think a fun thing is going to be trying to see if the viewers who are blind to ABC 2 can guess what each letter is going to be (they don't tell you until that segment is over). That's part of the fun of the ABC series to me.

Nah, the letter is obvious. The word is usually very tricky.

Basebf555
Feb 29, 2008

Fun Shoe
I'll admit I'm skeptical that anthology segments that short could ever be consistently good enough to justify the gimmick, but I've not seen ABC's 2, only the first. I'll definitely try to keep an open mind.

Choco1980
Feb 22, 2013

graventy posted:

Nah, the letter is obvious. The word is usually very tricky.

That's what I mean. *curses ambiguous language*

Basebf555 posted:

I'll admit I'm skeptical that anthology segments that short could ever be consistently good enough to justify the gimmick, but I've not seen ABC's 2, only the first. I'll definitely try to keep an open mind.

Oh, they aren't. You have to judge them individually I find. Like, there's some that are good, some that poo poo the bed, and some that are straight up bonkers.

graventy
Jul 28, 2006

Fun Shoe

Choco1980 posted:

Oh, they aren't. You have to judge them individually I find. Like, there's some that are good, some that poo poo the bed, and some that are straight up bonkers.

The quality whiplash is why I don't really like The ABCs of Death movies. I'll tune in for at least part of it on stream, though, because I bet it's a great experience in a group.

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

The greatest spectacle of the year is upon us. I came back from a late showing of Blade Runner last night and had to get up early, so I don't know if I'll be awake by the time the stream starts. :smith:

BOGO LOAD
Jul 1, 2004

"You know I always had trouble really chewing the fat with my pops. Just listen to him..."
*Fingers crossed* Please play Kwaidan please play Kwaidan please play Kwaidan please play Kwaidan.

Basebf555
Feb 29, 2008

Fun Shoe

Tacopocalypse posted:

*Fingers crossed* Please play Kwaidan please play Kwaidan please play Kwaidan please play Kwaidan.

Not really practical considering it's like 3 hours long. I'll probably be watching it though because it is one of the best anthologies ever made.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

Due to my inability to protect my intellectual property last time an imitator struck, even more things calling themselves "scream stream" have popped up this year, including whatever this person is up to:

Oh yeah, "gaming channel", gotcha, sure.

Basebf555
Feb 29, 2008

Fun Shoe
I dunno what she's up to but I would sure like to.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I bet she doesn't even give out pizza.

• Locked thread