Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
The Management
Jan 2, 2010

sup, bitch?
I went to the ~website~ for the first time in forever and got informed that I'm being spied on. Why are you tracking me? I do not consent.

check out that sweet amberpos

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

post hole digger
Mar 21, 2011

i thought ghostery was bad now. i use ublock + privacy badger

skimothy milkerson
Nov 19, 2006

im the lipstick apathy

HoboMan
Nov 4, 2010

i uninstalled ghostery because it would keep popping up about bullshit and generally be really annoying and bloated

HoboMan
Nov 4, 2010

also im the cuck

A Pinball Wizard
Mar 23, 2005

I know every trick, no freak's gonna beat my hands

College Slice

HoboMan posted:

also im the cuck

p sure that's echi

The XKCD Larper
Mar 1, 2009

by Lowtax

my bitter bi rival posted:

Ive been using umatrix for a year or so now... its like one stop shopping for limiting all the awfulness that web developer ppl want to push on me

KOTEX GOD OF BLOOD
Jul 7, 2012

doesnt safari do this like by default now

new safari is p good tbh

hifi
Jul 25, 2012

The XKCD Larper posted:

Ive been using umatrix for a year or so now... its like one stop shopping for limiting all the awfulness that web developer ppl want to push on me

if you don't care about specifically whitelisting xhrs or whatever then ublock has the matrix thing for just domains if you tick the i am an advanced user option

Generic Monk
Oct 31, 2011

KOTEX GOD OF BLOOD posted:

doesnt safari do this like by default now

new safari is p good tbh

probably nowhere near as agressive and therefore baller, but less likely to break poo poo and good enough for most people

in conclusion, safari is good, op

cowboy beepboop
Feb 24, 2001

HAIL eSATA-n
Apr 7, 2007

this is correct

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

A Pinball Wizard posted:

p sure that's echi

i'd do anything to get rid of lipstick apathy

Jimmy Carter
Nov 3, 2005

THIS MOTHERDUCKER
FLIES IN STYLE
Ghostery is literally an adtech company

Are there any ad blockers for Safari on macOS that take advantage of the native APIs for it, other than 1Blocker?

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

Jimmy Carter posted:

Are there any ad blockers for Safari on macOS that take advantage of the native APIs for it, other than 1Blocker?

just ones with less control, i think. 1blocker is like survival mode for configs but i like it since it syncs nicely

i just leave ublock origin running in everything, even safari, because ugh. ghostery wouldnt even be too bad, despite being an ad company, if their ui wasnt laggy bullshit. its like they used double JavaScript and a system simulator of the 90s

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Generic Monk
Oct 31, 2011

Jimmy Carter posted:

wipr is ok
adguard seems to work although it does seem to want you to install their weird extraneous security suite thing
1blocker is the only one that offers a decent amount of customisability but it costs money

afaik they all use easylist, and the api has a hard limit on how many rules you can have at any one time, so they're all pretty much identical after a fashion. some of them do take advantage of the api not needing all the page data to be passed to the extension, which if you're paranoid about privacy might sway you.

i've used most of them and while you'd assume the native content blocking api would be faster, ublock origin manages to block much more comprehensively and load pages palpably quicker. i don't really see any reason to switch

• Locked thread