Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
jazzyhattrick
Jul 1, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
At first the shock that the troops at the battle of Agincourt would feel at having Bosworth field suddenly dropped on them would be psychologically devastating. Not to mention the massive damage that thousands of tonnes of mud, corpses and discarded weapons would do to an unsuspecting army. Once the initial shock wears off however, I suspect that any surviving soldiers would simply climb on top of the new battlefield they find themselves presented with and carry on much as before.

That's my theory, what do you guys think? Do you have any ideas on how best to deploy a Medieval Battlefield on a Medieval Battlefield?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zorodius
Feb 11, 2007

EA GAMES' MASTERPIECE 'MADDEN 2018 G.O.A.T. EDITION' IS A GLORIOUS TRIUMPH OF ART AND TECHNOLOGY. IT BRINGS GAMEDAY RIGHT TO THE PLAYER AND WHOEVER SAYS OTHERWISE CAN, YOU GUESSED IT...
SUCK THE SHIT STRAIGHT OUT OF MY OWN ASSHOLE.

BUY IT.
I think it would leave a Hasting impression

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost
https://i.imgur.com/XnZXOR9.jpg

Edited: Goatman in colored pencils, pastels? But it looks vaguely like a cross between Goatse and a Mandrill.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

jazzyhattrick
Jul 1, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Some of the greens in this piece are so lush as to evoke edible aquatic plant life, they are Cressy, almost.

Somebody fucked around with this message at 07:02 on Oct 1, 2017

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

jazzyhattrick posted:

Some of the greens in this piece are so lush as to evoke edible aquatic plant life, they are Cressy, almost.

i didnt read your op because i dont give a poo poo. Just wanted to try out a new pic. glad you like it

spinderella
Jul 15, 2017

by FactsAreUseless

MY LIFE IS NOW COMPLETE

Somebody fucked around with this message at 07:02 on Oct 1, 2017

jazzyhattrick
Jul 1, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Mumpy Puffinz posted:

i didnt read your op because i dont give a poo poo. Just wanted to try out a new pic. glad you like it

I do like it, but it was also a pun, there was a medieval battle called the battle of Crecy.

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

jazzyhattrick posted:

I do like it, but it was also a pun, there was a medieval battle called the battle of Crecy.

this is you:

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost
its also probably me

Hardawn
Mar 15, 2004

Don't look at the sun, but rather what it illuminates
College Slice
Love
Me1l

..m no m mk jj ok no wly

jazzyhattrick
Jul 1, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Mumpy Puffinz posted:

this is you:

I'll have you know I'm in massive denial about my brain problems and would never admit it to myself in that manner.

BONE DOG
Jun 7, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
get its rear end worked op

spinderella
Jul 15, 2017

by FactsAreUseless

Mumpy Puffinz posted:

its also probably me

It was Vincent Van Goatse.

To address the OP:
If I could deploy the moat right on top of their infantry then they would drown because of their armour, so that's an idea.

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

Spinster posted:

To address the OP:
If I could deploy the moat right on top of their infantry then they would drown because of their armour, so that's an idea.

no loving way All Pro Sexman was the artist of that

spinderella
Jul 15, 2017

by FactsAreUseless

Mumpy Puffinz posted:

no loving way All Pro Sexman was the artist of that

Ahem. Top thread in the goldmine hello. Check it out. :mamacita:

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

Spinster posted:

Ahem. Top thread in the goldmine hello. Check it out. :mamacita:

got a link?
I am very lazy

jazzyhattrick
Jul 1, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Spinster posted:

To address the OP:

We're talking about battles here buddy, if you want to talk about sieges feel free to start a "How would a Medieval Siege do on a Medieval Battlefield?" thread. :colbert:

spinderella
Jul 15, 2017

by FactsAreUseless

Mumpy Puffinz posted:

got a link?
I am very lazy

No I don't know how to link I'm a cave woman. Comedy Goldmine. Vincent is page 18 of Hey GBS I made something for you thread. Very thrilling to see it used, thank you for making my day.

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

Spinster posted:

No I don't know how to link I'm a cave woman. Comedy Goldmine. Vincent is page 18 of Hey GBS I made something for you thread. Very thrilling to see it used, thank you for making my day.

18 pages https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zGxwbhkDjZM&t=24s

spinderella
Jul 15, 2017

by FactsAreUseless
Fine. Just don't say no loving way to the artist herself.

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

Spinster posted:

Fine. Just don't say no loving way to the artist herself.

dude you got the link or not

spinderella
Jul 15, 2017

by FactsAreUseless
Sorry for derail OP, I'll do my best.
Given that I know nothing of medieval battles besides Braveheart and Game of Thrones I guess that the commanders might think the phenomenon was due to witchcraft and so whoever had the levelest head and could prevent his troops from bolting in panic would win. So strongest best general.

If one of the armies had more mercenaries and hired soldiers they might flee the scene earlier than soldiers ostensibly fighting for their king, that's another factor.

Best I can do as a liberal dove who's never been hit.

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

Mumpy Puffinz posted:

https://i.imgur.com/XnZXOR9.jpg

Edited: Goatman in colored pencils, pastels? But it looks vaguely like a cross between Goatse and a Mandrill.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

lmao at this probe

goethe.cx
Apr 23, 2014

genesplicer clearly wasn't following spinster's thread, shameful

spinderella
Jul 15, 2017

by FactsAreUseless

Koyaanisgoatse posted:

genesplicer clearly wasn't following spinster's thread, shameful

What?

spinderella
Jul 15, 2017

by FactsAreUseless
Whoa. He knew about my thread. Ok, so that means posting my goat is the same as real goat being probateable. Darn.

spinderella
Jul 15, 2017

by FactsAreUseless
Or maybe it was the ridiculousness of any of it being colored pencil.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc

bradzilla posted:

lmao at this probe

Wait a week for that? Wtf

• Locked thread