Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who's taking home the Wooden Spoon?
This poll is closed.
The Other OTHER United Team 0 0%
0G* United (*Zero Goals) 1 7.69%
Isaiah 19:5 4 30.77%
Supermassive Black Hole 8 61.54%
Total: 13 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Just another jackass on the Internet
Thank you EPB

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dallan Invictus
Oct 11, 2007

The thing about words is that meanings can twist just like a snake, and if you want to find snakes, look for them behind words that have changed their meaning.
With that result, Vancouver can clinch arguably the least deserved conference title in recent memory with a win at home against the Earthquakes on Sunday.

god what even IS this season?

High House Death
Jun 18, 2011
Well that was a disappointing result to wake up to, but one of those painfully hilarious results where you laugh and grimace at the same time.

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

MLS: Hey, we should have matches in the final 2 weeks be nationally televised
FS1: Yeahhhhhhh, we're going to keep showing drag racing and bump you guys over the channel no one actually gets, m'kay?

paddyboat
Feb 20, 2013

Maxi, Maxi Rodriguez
Run down the wing for me
NIKO

3 minutes in ftw

paddyboat
Feb 20, 2013

Maxi, Maxi Rodriguez
Run down the wing for me
By my calculations, this will end 33-31

insider
Feb 22, 2007

A secret room... always my favourite room in a house.
Crew with so many good chances. Just can't finish them.

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Luis Robles: Oh man, I'm wayyyy outside my box and cleared the ball right to an Atlanta player at midfield. This is the worst fuckup ever.
Julian Gressel: Hold my beer

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Not sure what's more surprising, that ATL-NYRB is still 0-0 or that Asad is still on the field after that challenge.

Dallan Invictus
Oct 11, 2007

The thing about words is that meanings can twist just like a snake, and if you want to find snakes, look for them behind words that have changed their meaning.
None of you apparently got to see Giovinco hit the post from the spot, have the ref order a retake , and then hit the post AGAIN. Sometimes life is beautiful.

It's kind of remarkable that there's only been one goal in TFC-Montreal and it's thoroughly possible that TFC will live to regret it. (well their record chase anyway, they have nothing else to play for here but bragging rights).

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Jesus Christ Guzan. :stare:

TwoStepBoog
Apr 12, 2008

Dallan Invictus posted:

None of you apparently got to see Giovinco hit the post from the spot, have the ref order a retake , and then hit the post AGAIN. Sometimes life is beautiful.

Watching Red Bulls - Atlanta and they promised to replay it during halftime and never did
It was pretty lame

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

So all eyes on Nikolic to get a hat trick next week, huh?

paddyboat
Feb 20, 2013

Maxi, Maxi Rodriguez
Run down the wing for me
I missed the second half but hell yeah

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

drat you Gonzalez :argh:

Azerban
Oct 28, 2003

Dallan Invictus posted:

It's kind of remarkable that there's only been one goal in TFC-Montreal and it's thoroughly possible that TFC will live to regret it. (well their record chase anyway, they have nothing else to play for here but bragging rights).

montreal is going to have to watch vancouver and toronto play for the cup and it's gonna be good

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Oh great, a first half injury sub :smithicide:

porkface
Dec 29, 2000

DOGSO not called in Portland

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

V-ROD!

Dallan Invictus
Oct 11, 2007

Oh man what a team goal that was. Another assist for Nerwinski, man he's looking a lot better than early in the season.

Reyna Only Scores Winners so clearly we'll be keeping a clean sheet right?

Azerban posted:

montreal is going to have to watch vancouver and toronto play for the cup and it's gonna be good

If we make it I'll have to find a way to get tickets, holy poo poo.

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Dallan Invictus posted:

Reyna Only Scores Winners so clearly we'll be keeping a clean sheet right?

Better idea: You only get that goal and San Jose drops 3 on you.

Your Boy Fancy
Feb 7, 2003

by Cyrano4747
DC have no hope.

Dallan Invictus
Oct 11, 2007

whypick1 posted:

Better idea: You only get that goal and San Jose drops 3 on you.

Well Tarbell is certainly doing his part for that first part of the plan, Jesus gently caress.

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

:rip: Dallas

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

:fork::fork::fork:

paddyboat
Feb 20, 2013

Maxi, Maxi Rodriguez
Run down the wing for me
Congrats to Dallas on becoming an official Alexi Lalas "Bad Team"

Jack2142
Jul 17, 2014

Shitposting in Seattle

I am happy we have Bruin over Valdez.

Jack2142
Jul 17, 2014

Shitposting in Seattle

No we can't lose Roldan, without him we have no d-mids worth a drat.

Dallan Invictus
Oct 11, 2007

oh boy that thing that always happens when we can't score a second goal happened again

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Jack2142 posted:

No we can't lose Roldan, without him we have no d-mids worth a drat.

Svennson hasn't been bad but I'm worried he's going to break down soon since he's barely gotten a break this season.

Also, thanks 'Quakes. Keep it up.

Jack2142
Jul 17, 2014

Shitposting in Seattle

whypick1 posted:

Svennson hasn't been bad but I'm worried he's going to break down soon since he's barely gotten a break this season.

Also, thanks 'Quakes. Keep it up.

I was counting his apparent hamstring :smith:

Seriously though Svenson has been really good, I was annoyed we lost Friberg, but Svenson has replaced him excellently.

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

:unsmigghh:

Jack2142
Jul 17, 2014

Shitposting in Seattle

NEAGOAL!!!

paddyboat
Feb 20, 2013

Maxi, Maxi Rodriguez
Run down the wing for me
some rear end-whoopins happening out west

Hello Towel
Aug 9, 2010

I been too busy with a new job to be posting too much, but :drat: Nikolic. His hat trick single-handedly saved the game for Chicago. Everyone but him and Vincent looked various shades of awful.

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Thank you Tyler Deric.

Dallan Invictus
Oct 11, 2007

paddyboat posted:

some rear end-whoopins happening out west

One rear end-whooping too few. :smith:

Oh well, at least KC didn't win so this just means we have to Not Lose in Portland next week. That's doable. Right? Ugh.

Star Man
Jun 1, 2008

There's a star maaaaaan
Over the rainbow
I don't know if I'm going to laugh or cry if Colorado's win against RSL was for nothing and RSL manages to get into the playoffs by winning in Seattle and Dallas and San Jose lose or draw their last matches. It'll be worse if they won the cup too.

binge crotching
Apr 2, 2010

Dallan Invictus posted:

One rear end-whooping too few. :smith:

Oh well, at least KC didn't win so this just means we have to Not Lose in Portland next week. That's doable. Right? Ugh.

A single point guarantees Vancouver first in the West, and I'm pretty sure they can pull that off even with Valeri having a season to remember

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

binge crotching posted:

A single point guarantees Vancouver first in the West, and I'm pretty sure they can pull that off even with Valeri having a season to remember

Here's to a draw and a Seattle win...and I'm not just saying that because I don't think I can make it to either the knockout or 1st leg games...:ninja:

• Locked thread