Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who's taking home the Wooden Spoon?
This poll is closed.
The Other OTHER United Team 0 0%
0G* United (*Zero Goals) 1 7.69%
Isaiah 19:5 4 30.77%
Supermassive Black Hole 8 61.54%
Total: 13 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
binge crotching
Apr 2, 2010

I haven't looked at the playoff schedule recently, but I'm pretty sure that if Seattle finishes second and makes it to the West Final they'll have a Seahawks doubleheader. So everyone should be rooting for that outcome just so we can have pages of people complaining about football lines.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Just another jackass on the Internet
Playoff schedule

Yeah...the Seahawks have home games on the 29th and 5th, so the only way a conflict doesn't occur is if they don't get the #2 seed and host the first leg on the 31st (which should be enough time to clear the lines too). No other problems for the rest of the playoffs though.

Your Boy Fancy
Feb 7, 2003

by Cyrano4747
If the Galaxy gain a point and Jersey burns RFK down on Sunday (or we do Senators style for a 3-0 forfeit), DC will finish last in MLS, as is proper. Others failed by spending money terribly, others failed by building teams badly, others failed by simply not caring, but only DC United have done all these things at once.

*~BuT AuDi FiElD ThOuGh*~

Star Man
Jun 1, 2008

There's a star maaaaaan
Over the rainbow

Your Boy Fancy posted:

If the Galaxy gain a point and Jersey burns RFK down on Sunday (or we do Senators style for a 3-0 forfeit), DC will finish last in MLS, as is proper. Others failed by spending money terribly, others failed by building teams badly, others failed by simply not caring, but only DC United have done all these things at once.

*~BuT AuDi FiElD ThOuGh*~

The Rapids will find a way to disappoint you. Or me. Probably me.

Moktaro
Aug 3, 2007
I value call my nuts.

Azerban posted:

montreal is going to have to watch vancouver and toronto play for the cup and it's gonna be good

This would be the cherry on the poo poo cake for US Soccer, so mote it be. :twisted:

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮 I wanna go home with the armadillo
Good country music from Amarillo and Abilene
Friendliest people and the prettiest women you've ever seen
𝅘𝅥𝅮
ESPN is doing their equivalent of Multimatch 90 this Sunday, which would have a lot more drama if it wasn't mostly just seeding that was being determined. Here's my order of matches, in terms of importance:

1. Atlanta United vs. Toronto - Are this year's Reds the best club in MLS history? If they get a result on the road, then yes I'd say so.
2. Portland vs. Vancouver - :siren: Cascadia :siren: and all that, but these are the two best clubs in the West, and barring a draw coupled with a Seattle win, the winner gets home-field advantage up to the Cup Final.
3. San Jose vs. Minnesota United - Win and You're In for the Quakes against a team that, while crap, is still better than Dallas' opponent. Speaking of...
4. Dallas vs. Los Angeles - Once a shoe-in for the playoffs, the Hoops have stunk up the joint for months. Dare they lose to the potential Wooden Spooners?
5. NYCFC vs. Columbus - The Pigeons try to seal an automatic spot in the Conference Semi-finals with a win against another playoff team. Also, played at a different baseball park.
6. Real Salt Lake vs. Sporting Kansas City - The Royals have an outside shot at being above the Red Line, but face stiff competition.
7. Houston vs. Chicago - THEORETICALLY, both these teams could end up in their conference's top two.
8. D.C. United vs. RBNY - Only interesting because it's the Atlantic Cup, which means anything can happen. Say goodbye to RFK!
9. Seattle vs. Colorado - The Sounders are almost certainly winning this match.
10. Montreal vs. New England - Garbage time!
11. Philadelphia vs. Orlando City - Poop vs. Poop

binge crotching
Apr 2, 2010

I like that Columbus can not only bump NY2 out of the #2 seed, but if everything goes right they could drop as far as 5th. #1 and #6 are set in stone, but everything else could change a dozen different ways in the East.

In the West all 6 spots are still unclinched, but the most interesting will be the fight for 6th between SJ, Dallas, and RSL. Other than figuring out which of Vancouver/Portland ends up as the #1, there isn't anything else interesting going on. Both Vancouver and Portland are guaranteed to finish no worse than #3 and #4 respectively, so they don't have the potential of ending up on the road as the first game like NY2 can.

silvergoose
Mar 18, 2006

IT IS SAID THE TEARS OF THE BWEENIX CAN HEAL ALL WOUNDS

all-Rush mixtape posted:

10. Montreal vs. New England - Garbage time!
11. Philadelphia vs. Orlando City - Poop vs. Poop

Are you sure you didn't swap these two around?

Star Man
Jun 1, 2008

There's a star maaaaaan
Over the rainbow
The Rapids are going to win the wooden spoon today and we will take turns scooping out Stan Kroenke's internal organs with it.

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

That's going to be tough since LA needs to win and DC needs a result (unless you guys feel like shipping 12 more goals than DC today) in order for that to happen.

I do believe in your ability to lose today though.

El Jebus
Jun 18, 2008

This avatar is paid for by "Avatars for improving Lowtax's spine by any means that doesn't result in him becoming brain dead by putting his brain into a cyborg body and/or putting him in a exosuit due to fears of the suit being hacked and crushing him during a cyberpunk future timeline" Foundation
Is anyone watching the ESPN thing? Did they just cut away during stadium chat where the Crew guy is complaining about a stadium and NYC doesn't even have one?

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Dallas is already losing :laffo:

Hello Towel
Aug 9, 2010

Fire give up a soft goal ninety seconds into the game :thumbsup:

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

ALL THE EARLY GOALS!!! :black101:

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

And there's one for Seattle!

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

Is the pitch at RFK always this bad? I guess it doesn't matter anymore but holy moly it's cutting up like crazy.

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Maybe don't play in a baseball stadium if you don't want that sort of thing to happen.

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Great job Loons :bravo:

El Jebus
Jun 18, 2008

This avatar is paid for by "Avatars for improving Lowtax's spine by any means that doesn't result in him becoming brain dead by putting his brain into a cyborg body and/or putting him in a exosuit due to fears of the suit being hacked and crushing him during a cyberpunk future timeline" Foundation
Love all the goals.

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

gently caress, Deuce red carded after VAR

That seems kinda weak too Nevermind, other angle looked much worse

whypick1 fucked around with this message at 21:46 on Oct 22, 2017

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Good job...Van....couver :barf:

Dallan Invictus
Oct 11, 2007

The thing about words is that meanings can twist just like a snake, and if you want to find snakes, look for them behind words that have changed their meaning.
Aww yeah, à Kendall Waston special in the 30th.

Aww man, now we have to defend this lead for an hour.

El Jebus
Jun 18, 2008

Dallan Invictus posted:

Aww yeah, à Kendall Waston special in the 30th.

No you don't!

G-Hawk
Dec 15, 2003

goals, they're everywhere

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Dallan Invictus posted:

Now just defend the tie for the next hour kthx

Azerban
Oct 28, 2003

video replay is stupid

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Azerban posted:

video replay is stupid

I agree

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

KC's apparently thinking they can't possibly be hosed over in 3 straight road knockout games.

Dallan Invictus
Oct 11, 2007

The thing about words is that meanings can twist just like a snake, and if you want to find snakes, look for them behind words that have changed their meaning.

whypick1 posted:

Now just defend the tie for the next hour kthx

How the hell did that scramble stay out?

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Right now Dallas has the #6 seed by a single point. Reminder they should have had that Orlando game forfeited and be sitting on 2 fewer points.

El Jebus
Jun 18, 2008

Dallan Invictus posted:

How the hell did that scramble stay out?

I have no idea. I also don't know why Chara got a card. I also don't know how this game is tied at 1-1 instead of 3-3.

binge crotching
Apr 2, 2010

Chara probably got a red because he's kind of a douche. Probably the same reason Dempsey got a red.

Edit I guess it was only a yellow, not sure why I thought red. He's still a douche though

binge crotching fucked around with this message at 22:24 on Oct 22, 2017

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

gently caress this ref

DR AIDS
Nov 4, 2008

No shits will be given
Lol Rapids

binge crotching
Apr 2, 2010

How the hell did he miss that?

El Jebus
Jun 18, 2008

binge crotching posted:

How the hell did he miss that?

Same reason Chara got that yellow and Wondo scored the go ahead over The Loons: a global conspiracy.

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Holy poo poo, the ref actually gave Seattle a PK for a change.

And the red! :woop: :woop:

Solkanar512
Dec 28, 2006

by the sex ghost

whypick1 posted:

I'm shocked too

binge crotching
Apr 2, 2010

whypick1 posted:

Lol, red after review. Still didn't see poo poo on either red

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

This red is because he made no attempt at the ball.

• Locked thread