Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

Tenebrais posted:

That episode had a great amount of unstated despair. Seeing his partner in his pictures, without ever having to say what happened to her. The fungi revealing the adult characters didn't make it, without actually saying it. And then contrasting it all at the end with their awkward expressions of love. It was beautiful.

We actually don't know who all is left. They did say "as far as they know" so it's likely there's still pockets of humanity still kicking around, just that there's no one in the vicinity.

There's enough content for an S2 I think and I hope it gets it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tenebrais
Sep 2, 2011

Xelkelvos posted:

We actually don't know who all is left. They did say "as far as they know" so it's likely there's still pockets of humanity still kicking around, just that there's no one in the vicinity.

They said they'd been over the whole city except the top level. It leaves a vein of hope that the girls might yet find something up there... but not for those they left below.

C.M. Kruger
Oct 28, 2013

Tenebrais posted:

That episode had a great amount of unstated despair. Seeing his partner in his pictures, without ever having to say what happened to her. The fungi revealing the adult characters didn't make it, without actually saying it. And then contrasting it all at the end with their awkward expressions of love. It was beautiful.

Indeed. It reminded me somewhat of the ending to On The Beach, where Ava Gardner watches the submarine leave.

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?

C.M. Kruger posted:

Indeed. It reminded me somewhat of the ending to On The Beach, where Ava Gardner watches the submarine leave.

I'd forgotten the name of this book. It's been bugging me for a while, thanks.

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

This is really good! Do you have a source?

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

https://twitter.com/tkmiz/status/945095742833680385

I've decided that Tsukumizu is Good

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

Xelkelvos posted:

Attention all androids: Thousands of years have passed since humans were driven to the moon.

Zettace
Nov 30, 2009
I liked that the idols in the video did the dance in the OP.

C.M. Kruger
Oct 28, 2013

Spiritus Nox posted:

This is really good! Do you have a source?

https://www.pixiv.net/member.php?id=2325365

Onean
Feb 11, 2010

Maiden in white...
You are not one of us.
https://twitter.com/tkmiz/status/945882032835518464

StandardVC10
Feb 6, 2007

This avatar now 50% more dark mode compliant
Finally got around to the last episode. I'm not voting for an anime of the year this year, but if I did, this would probably be it. Surreal and beautiful and thought-provoking and sad.

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
https://twitter.com/tkmiz/status/946313478616203266

Liver Disaster
Mar 31, 2012

no more tears

That tweet seems to be gone, was it related to her other particularly depressed tweets today?

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?

Liver Disaster posted:

That tweet seems to be gone, was it related to her other particularly depressed tweets today?

nah, just animation work being played back in video editing software. It was either a rough version of the OP/ED or something like it

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

Liver Disaster posted:

No that was just a video of her working on the ED

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Liver Disaster posted:

I find this picture of a small pastry she drew though!

https://twitter.com/tkmiz/status/885090115877576704

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
tsukumizu makes many dark tweets, such as drawings of tall girls and saying やこたき instead of たこやき

Knorth
Aug 19, 2014

Buglord
A tiny prawn :3:

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Knorth posted:

A tiny prawn :3:

It's a small pastry :colbert:

Zeruel
Mar 27, 2010

Alert: bad post spotted.
That's clearly a shrimp

C.M. Kruger
Oct 28, 2013
Few more things from Pixiv.

Knorth
Aug 19, 2014

Buglord
Good mushcats

Zeruel
Mar 27, 2010

Nendoroids of Chii and Yuu when

Subtuna
Dec 30, 2008

Zeruel posted:

Nendoroids of Chii and Yuu when

Soon I hope! They were announced last month at a Japanese hobby show (them and their krad!), although it usually takes about half a year at least for them to go from announcement to prototype, and then something like another 6 or so months for them to actually ship them.

But Goodsmile isn't making these specific ones so who knows :iiam:

Subtuna fucked around with this message at 06:49 on Dec 29, 2017

AnacondaHL
Feb 15, 2009

I'm the lead trumpet player, playing loud and high is all I know how to do.

Just to be clear: the 3 school girls in the video playback basically invented (the first actual?) von Neumann machine, right?

C.M. Kruger
Oct 28, 2013

AnacondaHL posted:

Just to be clear: the 3 school girls in the video playback basically invented (the first actual?) von Neumann machine, right?

It seemed more like they were doing a report about a robot they had found, rather than one they made.

There Bias Two
Jan 13, 2009
I'm not a good person

C.M. Kruger posted:

It seemed more like they were doing a report about a robot they had found, rather than one they made.

It gave me the impression that they belonged to a society that had less tech compared to whoever built the robots, but still knew enough to take advantage of them. This is probably the same culture that made all the WW2-era equipment and worshipped the Nukos.

FauxLeather
Nov 7, 2016

Um Bongo
If that Nendo Kettenkrad is a bit on the small side, I think I'll look out for some of those model kits from the stores that sell military plamo like, Spitfires and tanks. Maybe even paint it to look more cartoony like the show.

StandardVC10
Feb 6, 2007

If you've ever wanted to see a Kettenkrad in person, the air museum at John Wayne Airport in Santa Ana, California has one. The staff will probably look at you a little funny if you say it's because of this anime, though.

FauxLeather
Nov 7, 2016

Um Bongo
I just want to nap all cosy on the back of the Krad while my girlfriend drives me around. Please don't call security.

Zeruel
Mar 27, 2010

FauxLeather posted:

I just want to nap all cosy on the back of the Krad while my girlfriend drives me around. Please don't call security.

buddy, they wont even let me ride in it

Kibibit
Sep 10, 2009

You must be a friend that's good at shredding!

Zeruel posted:

buddy, they wont even let me ride in it

The solution is to end society.

C.M. Kruger
Oct 28, 2013
You could probably put together a copy/analogue of a Kettenkrad relatively easily. It's basically just a small tractor with fuel tanks and a sheet metal body on top with seats for the driver and passengers. Main issue would be getting tracks for it, but I suppose you could probably widen the running gear to use the wider rubber-band tracks from the M3 Halftrack or a Bobcat mini-dozer if you can find one with the same general track length. I'd go with a small V4 or motorcycle/utility vehicle engine for the powerplant just due to how common they are.

Then once you have a couple built, you start a company, call up your state senators and congresspersons and have them lobby you a $porkbarrel contract to make them for USSOCOM or the Marines or whoever. :v:

Daedalus1134
Sep 14, 2005

They see me rollin'

StandardVC10 posted:

If you've ever wanted to see a Kettenkrad in person, the air museum at John Wayne Airport in Santa Ana, California has one. The staff will probably look at you a little funny if you say it's because of this anime, though.

And further up the West Coast, the Paul Allen Flying Heritage Museum just north of Seattle has a pair. They drive them sometimes too!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xqFl2NQB5ms

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
https://twitter.com/tkmiz/status/947480048956620805

a computing pun
Jan 1, 2013
Is that a nuko hiding by the bottom edge of the frame?

StandardVC10
Feb 6, 2007

a computing pun posted:

Is that a nuko hiding by the bottom edge of the frame?

Nukotatsu

Knorth
Aug 19, 2014

Buglord
I like the avocado poster

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

Knorth posted:

I like the avocado poster

Oh my god

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU