Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
nielsm
Jun 1, 2009

I wonder if "the city" is actually the entirety of Japan, consumed into a single huge sprawl? It would explain why there isn't any nature left.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zeruel
Mar 27, 2010

Alert: bad post spotted.
Their scripture seems to be a robotized version of hiragana, so its possible?

Also does anyone have a link to the mini school episodes?

Knorth
Aug 19, 2014

Buglord
I think they got taken down from youtube but they're up on nyaa w/ subs

They're good and kinda funny

MJP
Jun 17, 2007

Are you looking at me Senpai?

Grimey Drawer
If you want to LARP it: https://sites.google.com/site/wwwtankcobiz//home/-kettenkrad-crawler-cargo-bikes

ViggyNash
Oct 9, 2012
For this entire show I thought there were a finite number of levels, followed by the sky and space.

But there's cracks in the ceiling. It's literally Blame!

Liver Disaster
Mar 31, 2012

no more tears

ViggyNash posted:

For this entire show I thought there were a finite number of levels, followed by the sky and space.

But there's cracks in the ceiling. It's literally Blame!

Two great tastes taste great together.

a computing pun
Jan 1, 2013
Well, there is still a sun and a sky that aren't the layers (see: beautiful sunset scene), it's just that sometimes the girls are far enough under the next highest layer that it fills the entire sky (see: cracks in the sky scene).

ViggyNash
Oct 9, 2012

a computing pun posted:

Well, there is still a sun and a sky that aren't the layers (see: beautiful sunset scene), it's just that sometimes the girls are far enough under the next highest layer that it fills the entire sky (see: cracks in the sky scene).

What that signified to me was that the sky itself was a rendering of some kind. There's no way that there could be a blue sky between levels unless it was artificial.

Kyte
Nov 19, 2013

Never quacked for this

ViggyNash posted:

What that signified to me was that the sky itself was a rendering of some kind. There's no way that there could be a blue sky between levels unless it was artificial.
I always figured they painted the underside of the layers blue with clouds and stuff, Truman Show style.

sinky
Feb 22, 2011

Slippery Tilde

quote:

ANN
The official Kurage Bunch website has revealed that Tsukumizu's Girls' Last Tour manga will end with its 42nd chapter on January 12.

N-no
:negative:

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

:rip:

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

Strum in a harmonizing quartet
I want to cause a revolution

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild

quote:

42nd chapter

:rip::rip: :qq:

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

Okay

But what if everything's actually fine

Yak of Wrath
Feb 24, 2011

Keeping It Together

Spiritus Nox posted:

Okay

But what if everything's actually fine

Yeah, what if Chi and Yuu just went to live on a farm upstate?

There Bias Two
Jan 13, 2009
I'm not a good person

I haven't read the manga, but your reactions don't bode well.

Kyte
Nov 19, 2013

Never quacked for this
Maybe they'll find a rocket pod up there!

:qq:

Eiba
Jul 26, 2007

I really just want these girls to be okay. It's really going to mess me up if the ending is too bleak. I have no idea how it's going to go.

Maybe everything that's alive eventually dies, but still... I want those two to live long lives.

C.M. Kruger
Oct 28, 2013
It might be for the best to mentally prepare for a Stalingrad ending though.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GaBc37SgiUE

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

https://imgur.com/a/CocAh#vEqnduW

The end.

StandardVC10
Feb 6, 2007

This avatar now 50% more dark mode compliant
The snowball fight at the end of the world... :smith:

Zeruel
Mar 27, 2010

Hope is all you need.

:unsmith:

Space Flower
Sep 10, 2014

by Games Forum
That’s real pretty

Eiba
Jul 26, 2007

"I don't understand! What should I do? Why are there only two people in the whole world? I have no idea about anything!"

"Getting to be alive is the best."

I'm still worried and anxious. I don't know what's going to happen to them tomorrow or the day after. The world is still a scary place, and our time is terrifyingly finite. But sometimes things are nice. We'll have to deal with tomorrow when it comes. I can't think of a better ending.

Hungry
Jul 14, 2006

I've been following this since the earliest scanlations when they still called it "Shoujo Apocalypse Adventure" and I still was not emotionally prepared for that ending.

Zeruel
Mar 27, 2010

Yuu still proving that she is the modern day Socrates.

There's going to be additional content, according to this tweet.

https://twitter.com/shojoshumatsu/status/951691276100841472

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

Eiba posted:

"I don't understand! What should I do? Why are there only two people in the whole world? I have no idea about anything!"

"Getting to be alive is the best."

I'm still worried and anxious. I don't know what's going to happen to them tomorrow or the day after. The world is still a scary place, and our time is terrifyingly finite. But sometimes things are nice. We'll have to deal with tomorrow when it comes. I can't think of a better ending.

It's so loving good

TasogareNoKagi
Jul 11, 2013

https://twitter.com/tkmiz/status/951802002136158208

It's over 'cause it's over.

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?
Haven't been in the mood to listen to the soundtrack since the show's ending. Always skip the songs when they play from my most recent playlist.

Weird BIAS
Jul 5, 2007

so... guess that's it, huh? just... don't say i didn't warn you.

Bing really needs to work on it's translations.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Zeruel
Mar 27, 2010

Weird BIAS posted:

Bing really needs to work on it's translations.

how do you even get that from o, wa and ri

Zeruel fucked around with this message at 08:04 on Jan 13, 2018

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

There has to be a mashup out there somewhere of the end of this and the last strip of Calvin and Hobbes.

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
hello its me. john hogan, otherwise known as おわり

Yak of Wrath
Feb 24, 2011

Keeping It Together
I wonder if the ED was influenced by what the last chapter was going to be, what with the snow ball fight and all.

skaianDestiny
Jan 13, 2017

beep boop

Yak of Wrath posted:

I wonder if the ED was influenced by what the last chapter was going to be, what with the snow ball fight and all.

The ending is the ending.

Tenebrais
Sep 2, 2011

Man, this series hit me so hard. Despite how popular post-apocalyptic stories have been in recent years, this one does something I haven't seen before - where the world actually has ended. Usually it's about some rugged hero(es) struggling against the elements in pursuit of a hope for the future, but here there's no secluded community of survivors starting society from scratch. There's no poignant scenes of nature reclaiming the human world. There's no apocalypse-adapted monsters forging their own primitive civilisation. Life on earth has all but ended, and the last few survivors are just the dust settling before everything stops moving forever.

And the story asks, what keeps you going when there's no world left to make a difference to? Someone said they hope the girls get to live out long lives, but... why? If they live for fifty more years, what will they get out of it, other than fifty years of struggling to survive? And that's the question the characters confront every day. It's beautifully bleak, and supported by the fact that they have their answer, in each other. As long as they both live, they've got a world to make a difference to, however small it may be. Chito and Yuuri are the things keeping each other going. It's so sweet.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Cheetos and yuri are all anyone needs in life.

AnacondaHL
Feb 15, 2009

I'm the lead trumpet player, playing loud and high is all I know how to do.

Tenebrais posted:

There's no apocalypse-adapted monsters forging their own primitive civilisation.

Technically...

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

They're not forging a new civilization, they're just cleaning up our dumb garbage before they go home

Tenebrais
Sep 2, 2011

Yeah, they were pretty clear that once they'd eaten up all the volatiles they were going to go dormant. Possibly precisely to remove that idea that life will go on.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Eiba
Jul 26, 2007

Tenebrais posted:

Man, this series hit me so hard. Despite how popular post-apocalyptic stories have been in recent years, this one does something I haven't seen before - where the world actually has ended. Usually it's about some rugged hero(es) struggling against the elements in pursuit of a hope for the future, but here there's no secluded community of survivors starting society from scratch. There's no poignant scenes of nature reclaiming the human world. There's no apocalypse-adapted monsters forging their own primitive civilisation. Life on earth has all but ended, and the last few survivors are just the dust settling before everything stops moving forever.

And the story asks, what keeps you going when there's no world left to make a difference to? Someone said they hope the girls get to live out long lives, but... why? If they live for fifty more years, what will they get out of it, other than fifty years of struggling to survive? And that's the question the characters confront every day. It's beautifully bleak, and supported by the fact that they have their answer, in each other. As long as they both live, they've got a world to make a difference to, however small it may be. Chito and Yuuri are the things keeping each other going. It's so sweet.
This is very well said. Most apocalyptic stories (which I generally really like) are about wiping the slate clean and either concentrating on carrying something essential on or otherwise rebuilding. This isn't. It's about death. The true end. Getting along with the feeling of despair.

I'm the one who said I hope they live long lives, because I was quoting the show. That's what they say to the robot and its fish. That's the episode where the confront the idea that this story isn't about evolution. Destruction without rebuilding is just the end. The robot was designed to manage a food production factory for people who are dead. The fish was designed to be eaten. But both of them will just eventually stop. They won't ever serve any kind of purpose to others. All they will do is exist for each other and then eventually die. But after getting to know them, and understanding all that... Chi still wishes them well in the form of hoping at least their life will be long. To me that was one of the most touching sentiments in this show.

• Locked thread