Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
FauxLeather
Nov 7, 2016

Um Bongo

Beato Believer posted:

In a couple of places they used interesting animation or angle choices, probably to compensate for the muted colors everywhere. I'll be curious to see if their world stays so muted.

I'm willing to give the director plenty of credit for any interesting visuals because his Twitter animations are an absolute trip, he has such a cool style and I'm praying it'll start showing in later episodes.
https://twitter.com/tkmiz/status/664168475087126529

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FauxLeather
Nov 7, 2016

Um Bongo

Knorth posted:

Tsukumizu is the series author not the director but yeah, they're good
Ah thanks for clarifying.

Looks like this series will have a short side story being broadcast with every episode.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P3pTAiFrYhI

FauxLeather
Nov 7, 2016

Um Bongo
Yeah she's extremely talanted, her art and animation sense is so visually creative. I love when she explodes characters into mad lines and nonsense geometry.

Psychoanalysis is wrong to do but i think it's fair to see suicidal/depressive imagery in art and feel worried about the artist somewhat. It honestly just strikes me as her (it IS a her, right?) just doing what she wants to draw. Suicide can invoke very strong feelings and maybe she uses those to take her art where she wants it to go.

FauxLeather
Nov 7, 2016

Um Bongo
Blondie wears such a nice coat. Wanna cop it.

FauxLeather
Nov 7, 2016

Um Bongo
"You don't need a reason. There are nice things sometimes."
"Even in this world?"
"Probably."

:perfect:
I'm such a cow for moments like these.

FauxLeather
Nov 7, 2016

Um Bongo
That Kemono fuckup was the first time I was ever even aware of Kadokawa, so whenever I see their logo on a new show I'm :ohdear:
I trust this show's gonna be fine though, that was just a really weird case

FauxLeather
Nov 7, 2016

Um Bongo

ViggyNash posted:

What's on the left side?

Lucky Beast and... is that the backpack from Fragile Dreams? Holy poo poo cool if so

FauxLeather
Nov 7, 2016

Um Bongo
There are nice things sometimes. Even in this world. :allears:

FauxLeather
Nov 7, 2016

Um Bongo
Crawls out from the woodwork to say the rain song tops both of them.

FauxLeather
Nov 7, 2016

Um Bongo
What an episode. What a show. I can tell I'm going to be thinking about this long after it finishes airing.

Liver Disaster posted:

I've seen other forums complaining about the 'fanservice' of this episode, but it really just felt strangely safe and warm when the world outside is so cold and broken.

I've heard this from my pals too. It didn't feel very male-gazy so it didn't bother me. The world is so nonthreatening and cold I'd probably be quick to jump into any warm body of water I'd find too.

FauxLeather
Nov 7, 2016

Um Bongo
"Nuuuuuuᵤᵤᵤᵤᵤᵤ....."

FauxLeather
Nov 7, 2016

Um Bongo
I've been thinking about that red sunset scene all week. I was on the edge of my seat, mouth agape for that whole moment and it still gives me chills. Such a good show!!!

FauxLeather
Nov 7, 2016

Um Bongo
If that Nendo Kettenkrad is a bit on the small side, I think I'll look out for some of those model kits from the stores that sell military plamo like, Spitfires and tanks. Maybe even paint it to look more cartoony like the show.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FauxLeather
Nov 7, 2016

Um Bongo
I just want to nap all cosy on the back of the Krad while my girlfriend drives me around. Please don't call security.

• Locked thread