Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
i could see bethsoft giving the engine and license over to another team while they work on 900 dollar miniature games, and F2P cash shop stuff layered with pipboy graphics

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

Unexpected Raw Anime posted:

didnt they do one of those for fallout 4

both, in fact. the miniature game is completely loving insane, and the f2p thing is fallout shelter. i was getting at the idea that i think they're more interested in milking the property than developing new games, and also trying to pretend to be valve with their new mod platform thing.

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

the next elder scrolls game is just gonna be a bunch of skyrim mods they crowdsource from the mod platform

i wish that they would just become like valve, and focus on the platform and engine while letting better designers use the tools

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

FactsAreUseless posted:

Better developers wouldn't use their piece of poo poo engine.

i thought FO4's version of creation was decent, with all of the tweaks valve made

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

can you elaborate on this

ID came in and redid a lot of the shooting parts. i think specifically enemy behavior. it made the gunplay feel a lot better compared to fallout 4, although playing new vegas recently it still is worse than that even with a better engine. the current creation engine in the hands of a good dev team would really be enjoyable, i think.

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

Does valve own Id now? I'm confused, you said something about what valve did for them

oh, poo poo, i meant ID before. sorry. i'm a dummy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
valve buying both bethesda and ID and scrapping them is a cool idea, though

• Locked thread