Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

yeah actually they will posted:

Hello. I was thinking about setting up a simple retro gaming setup for my mother for christmas. It wouldn't have too many games on it - the arcade version of ms pac man and maybe a couple of the DICE pinball games for amiga. I was thinking about using a raspberry pi and a good quality usb arcade stick for this. The quality of the arcade stick is probably the most important part - my ma tends to gently caress up input devices while gaming. She screams and yanks the joystick to the side whenever a ghost or pinball gets near. She has broken a plug and play namco joystick and several old amiga keyboards from repeated use.

Can anyone recommend a good, sturdy arcade stick for this? I know it's only october but this could take a fair amount of research/setup/shipping so I think it's best to figure out the logistics as early as possible. If it turns out the best option is to make my own joystick of component parts I might do that instead. Goodbye.

lmfao, But also epic.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Sanwa and Seimitsu are the good Brands for the actual stick, to my knowledge. And the buttons probably.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

People swear by the following Brands for already built USB arcade sticks: HORI, Qanba, MadCatz Tournament Edition, and uhh I forgot. You could buy the 30 dollar Mayflash stick and then replace the stick and the buttons with Sanwa or Semiutsu or whatever I guess. P-Mack of this forum made an arcade stick out of a strong corrugated cardboard box and a PCB and Sanwa parts.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Well, I would suggest the Qanba Obsidian then. When Yobgoblin plays fighting games he can only play for about 15 minutes because he hits all the buttons so hard and moves the stick so insanely that he hurts his hands and needs to put them on ice for 30 minutes, and I'm not making this up. Topic locked.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

lmfao

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

I choked on my burger yelling "Oh my God" while also laughing.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

In Training posted:

Omfg the start of the second round

dUDE i WOKED UP MY ENYTORTE HOUSEHOLD FROM LAUHGIGN
aT THJE ORST 2 SECPMDS PF JTE ,LATJC

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

trying to jack off posted:

im still thinking of that video lol. now im thinking of the duality of the quick precise movements of kongming as he just tears apart yobgoblin whos moveset looks like a griswald family chistmas

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

That video is too much dude. lfmao

• Locked thread