Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

flakeloaf
Feb 26, 2003

Still better than android clock

cinci zoo sniper posted:

call me when office 365 will finally synchronise settings across applications

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wheany
Mar 17, 2006

Spinyahahahahahahahahahahahaha!

Doctor Rope
chrome is really popular :thunk::thunk::thunk: what if we turn our browser into a worse chrome! :hellyeah:

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

i mean i know a coworker wouldn't mind this, but do you really want excel settings in powerpoint

The Management
Jan 2, 2010

sup, bitch?

Shaggar posted:

yes, but the app has to use it

does the OS use it? when I enter my WiFi password on a device, are all of my other devices automatically able to use that network when they see it? are my notifications sent to all of them? is there even a windows cloud notification backend? can I locate my devices and wipe them remotely?

all of this without any third party apps

Last Chance
Dec 31, 2004

I kinda wish normal iPhone app notifications (e.g. Snapchat) were forwarded to my Mac.

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

The Management posted:

does the OS use it? when I enter my WiFi password on a device, are all of my other devices automatically able to use that network when they see it? are my notifications sent to all of them? is there even a windows cloud notification backend? can I locate my devices and wipe them remotely?

yes to all. notifications may be limited to 1st party apps (not sure) and im also not sure how are notifications resolved if your device ecosystem is larger than a win10 computer and a win10 phone

big scary monsters
Sep 2, 2011

-~Skullwave~-

Last Chance posted:

I kinda wish normal iPhone app notifications (e.g. Snapchat) were forwarded to my Mac.

get pushbullet

OldAlias posted:

that was mostly speculation from the peanut gallery

i see, thanks

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006

The Management posted:

yeah all of that is there.

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006

Last Chance posted:

windows phone notifications are forwarded to ur windows computers if you haven't already acknowledged them on the phone

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006
also skype does SMS forwarding so you can send SMS from your computer thru ur winphone (and maybe android now too).

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

lmao, i paused onedrive sync at 60 of 80 gb, resumed it and now it says 4 of 55 while the real remaining size is not even 55-4

e: alright, the size does in fact checks out, but still, why was it underestimating by 31gb in the previous cycle

cinci zoo sniper fucked around with this message at 20:49 on Oct 8, 2017

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

also drat the sync is godawfully slow, but i dont think i have anything but my hdd to blame here

anthonypants
May 6, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo
Dinosaur Gum
there's a ton of ads in forza horizon 3 and one of them is to preorder forza motorsport 7, which came out a full week ago

pram
Jun 10, 2001
well, did you buy it?

Bulgogi Hoagie
Jun 1, 2012

We

Phoenixan posted:

typically the answer is, yes you can do the mac thing on windows if you're willing to download some 3rd party program from a website

and also gently caress, gently caress roughly with your computer for hours when that thing inevitably breaks

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Bulgogi Hoagie posted:

and also gently caress, gently caress roughly with your computer for hours when that thing inevitably breaks

have you tried being gentle with it to promote cooperation?

anthonypants
May 6, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo
Dinosaur Gum

pram posted:

well, did you buy it?
maybe if they'd worked out the crash-to-desktop issues over the past year or if i had an xbone i'd consider it

this is what they started with, it's now a year later and as far as i can tell they're still getting the hang of uwp apps

anthonypants posted:

the open beta for Forza Motorsport 6: Apex begins tomorrow
  • windows 10 pc only
  • windows store app
  • "Wheel support: not included at launch, to be added later"
  • no multiplayer
  • "Vsync control in the future"
  • a bunch of other things in their "quick list" are just left blank

anthonypants fucked around with this message at 23:40 on Oct 8, 2017

dont be mean to me
May 2, 2007

I'm interplanetary, bitch
Let's go to Mars

cinci zoo sniper posted:

have you tried being gentle with it to promote cooperation?

yes and in fact this usually works

as long as you don't do something real dumb like buy a clearance laptop out of a woot-off that uses intel networking components that intel thinks don't exist

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe

akadajet posted:

chrome is extremely not garbage

lmao

The Management
Jan 2, 2010

sup, bitch?
chrome is awful

burning swine
May 26, 2004

The Management posted:

propagating wifi passwords is not desirable you monster

champagne posting
Apr 5, 2006

YOU ARE A BRAIN
IN A BUNKER

The Management posted:

chrome is awful

I take it you haven't used state of the art business browsers with Sharepoint in Internet Explorer 11 recently?

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

The Management posted:

chrome is awful

lomarf

Cybernetic Vermin
Apr 18, 2005

windows phone now *officially* dead (belfiore announced security updates only, no plans for anything new), but i figure we have largely been over the ways in which microsoft stupidly hosed their own mobile os efforts over again and again, so nothing much to add~~

well, sort of hope that the original wp7/wp8 team got better jobs

a neurotic ai
Mar 22, 2012

carry on then posted:

killed by whatever the forums equivalent of an industrial accident is

Radium

SO DEMANDING
Dec 27, 2003

Cybernetic Vermin posted:

windows phone now *officially* dead (belfiore announced security updates only, no plans for anything new), but i figure we have largely been over the ways in which microsoft stupidly hosed their own mobile os efforts over again and again, so nothing much to add~~

well, sort of hope that the original wp7/wp8 team got better jobs

give them a year and I bet Microsoft will take another abortive swing at a mobile OS

The Management
Jan 2, 2010

sup, bitch?

COACHS SPORT BAR posted:

propagating wifi passwords is not desirable you monster

it's the best

[quote="“Boiled Water”" post="“477199174”"]
I take it you haven’t used state of the art business browsers with Sharepoint in Internet Explorer 11 recently?
[/quote]

I literally haven't used windows since XP other than some minor janitor work for family.

edit: lomarf nice quoting job awful.app

pram
Jun 10, 2001

SO DEMANDING posted:

give them a year and I bet Microsoft will take another abortive swing at a mobile OS

surfaceos lol

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

pram posted:

surfaceos lol
Xbox Go

The Management
Jan 2, 2010

sup, bitch?
someone post the Microsoft iPhone funeral tia

akadajet
Sep 14, 2003

The Management posted:

someone post the Microsoft iPhone funeral tia

they were removed from flickr :(

SO DEMANDING
Dec 27, 2003

pram posted:

surfaceos lol

honestly that's exactly what I would expect. surface phone running some extra-bastardized version of win10

FMguru
Sep 10, 2003

peed on;
sexually

SO DEMANDING posted:

honestly that's exactly what I would expect. surface phone running some extra-bastardized version of win10
i thought that was the current winpho iteration (windows 10 but scaled for phones), similar to how ios is just osx but for phones

SO DEMANDING
Dec 27, 2003

akadajet posted:

they were removed from flickr :(

business insider has them, including darth Vader on a motorcycle

http://www.businessinsider.com/microsoft-iphone-funeral-2010-9#-18

SO DEMANDING
Dec 27, 2003

FMguru posted:

i thought that was the current winpho iteration (windows 10 but scaled for phones), similar to how ios is just osx but for phones

that's why I specified extra bastardized

Fiedler
Jun 29, 2002

I, for one, welcome our new mouse overlords.
Allegedly some sort of folding phone -- like the Samsung folding phone. Except Microsoft's phone probably won't be running Android, so it'll be much better.

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006

FMguru posted:

it is but it doesn't do win32 apps on arm which I guess is what the new thing is gonna do.

pram
Jun 10, 2001
it will be bad and fail

orange sky
May 7, 2007

Microsoft marketing team attacking the forums

they also managed to haunt the last thread

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

orange sky posted: