Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003

PleasureKevin posted:

wow, your straw man is turning into a full-blown fan fiction! i like it! what happens next?

You said it, not me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

anthonypants
May 6, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo
Dinosaur Gum
the open beta for Forza Motorsport 6: Apex begins tomorrow
  • windows 10 pc only
  • windows store app
  • "Wheel support: not included at launch, to be added later"
  • no multiplayer
  • "Vsync control in the future"
  • a bunch of other things in their "quick list" are just left blank

ClassActionFursuit
Mar 15, 2006

akadajet posted:

apple on the other hand can't do whit without me hand holding it and responding to prompts

thats weird b/c i was just thinking how i hadnt seen any updates since the last os x one so i went into the app store and thered been like 12 that silently installed without ever interrupting me or restarting the computer

completely invisible to the user and yet perfectly executed

Dodoman
Feb 26, 2009

A moment of laxity
A lifetime of regret
Lipstick Apathy

anthonypants posted:

• windows 10 pc only
  • windows store app
  • no multiplayer

i'll still play it, forza is designed for controllers

ahmeni
May 1, 2005

It's one continuous form where hardware and software function in perfect unison, creating a new generation of iPhone that's better by any measure.
Grimey Drawer

anthonypants posted:

• windows 10 pc only
  • windows store app
  • no multiplayer

lol

refleks
Nov 21, 2006

why does this poo poo tier os insist on installing gfx drivers every loving time i dock in.

I can go from 1 dock in my office to the one right next to it and it will not work, and start installing drivers for the monitors. If I then go back to the previous dock (that i just used and worked) it will start to install drivers again, as if it can only remember one set of monitors in a specific dock (even though everything is completly mirrored)

Happy_Misanthrope
Aug 3, 2007

"I wanted to kill you, go to your funeral, and anyone who showed up to mourn you, I wanted to kill them too."
What is the thinking here, that this will spur OEM sales after July due to the insatiable lust for W10?

Happy_Misanthrope
Aug 3, 2007

"I wanted to kill you, go to your funeral, and anyone who showed up to mourn you, I wanted to kill them too."

akadajet
Sep 14, 2003

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wVo9Vdpk23g
lmao

flakeloaf
Feb 26, 2003

Still better than android clock

nice hat

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006

I hate this dude

akadajet
Sep 14, 2003

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HhvbVTFNScU

akadajet
Sep 14, 2003

Shaggar posted:

I hate this dude

like staring into a mirror, right?

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

yeah charging a bill for an upgrade people already don't want is sure to work.

Happy_Misanthrope
Aug 3, 2007

Shaggar posted:

I hate this dude

I....I....agree with Shaggar

Happy_Misanthrope
Aug 3, 2007

Happy_Misanthrope
Aug 3, 2007

I can't breathe

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

lol

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006

lmao @ that iso chiclet keyboard

flakeloaf
Feb 26, 2003

capital c-cedilla, the letter you type so often it needs its own key

refleks
Nov 21, 2006

im the person at an executive level that uses the vocabulary of a street hustler in brooklyn

"Yo its only 119 bucks, mang"

The MUMPSorceress
Jan 6, 2012

^SHTPSTS

Gary’s Answer
i bet if they really do start charging it still wont make the popups go away. itll just have a field to enter your credit card into now and it will send the details back to ms in plaintext

Wheany
Mar 17, 2006

Spinyahahahahahahahahahahahaha!

Doctor Rope

Happy_Misanthrope posted:

What is the thinking here, that this will spur OEM sales after July due to the insatiable lust for W10?

oh nice, so i just have to not update my windows 7 for 3 more months and it will stop forcing it

refleks
Nov 21, 2006

scratch that, im the non-existent jawline accentuated by the douchebeard

anthonypants
May 6, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo
Dinosaur Gum

LeftistMuslimObama posted:

i bet if they really do start charging it still wont make the popups go away. itll just have a field to enter your credit card into now and it will send the details back to ms in plaintext
why would microsoft reinvent the wheel instead of putting it on the microsoft app store? the reason, of course, is microsoft

The_Franz
Aug 8, 2003

microsoft must not pay very well anymore if he needs to wear his grandpa's old clothes

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

where do you even get plaid that wide?

Phoenixan
Jan 16, 2010

Just Keep Cool-idge

Wheany posted:

oh nice, so i just have to not update my windows 7 for 3 more months and it will stop forcing it
naw that's the point where gwx.exe will become ransomware

duTrieux.
Oct 9, 2003

Wheany posted:

just loving upgrade, oh my god

it's poo poo and it's better than windows 7.

these are not contradictory statements because windows 7 is also poo poo.

Sapozhnik
Jan 2, 2005

Nap Ghost
GWX be all like "lol this isn't even my final form"

This is probably the point where they push more malware through Windows Update that makes Windows 7 absolutely loving terrible to wincourage you to upgrade to windows 10

MS knows full well that the warez scene will distribute slipstreamed ISOs of Windows 7's final revision forever so they're going to go out of their way to clog it with as much user hostile sewage as possible.

PleasureKevin
Jan 2, 2011

there was some obsessive Nokia blogger who went to android and used a Nexus One as his main computer for a few months and like blogged about it.

i used a chromebook as my main machine (back before chrome books were actually sold, when it was just ChromiumOS) for a few months

windows has lost so much of it's necessity that you can do just about anything with a smartphone or browser-only computer. however, it can be a huge pain in the rear end.

iPads are the first thing to come along where not only is just about everything possible, but 90% of it is way easier. it's down right intuitive, and i've seen completely computer illiterate people master an iPad with no help at all.

yeah, doing high-powered spreadsheet stuff on an iPad would seem like a huge strain to me. but for these people that find computers a challenge, it's worth it for the trade-off that everything else is easier. and if they weren't exactly lightning fast on a PC or Mac, then there might be no loss of speed overall and no downside.

PleasureKevin
Jan 2, 2011

duTrieux. posted:

just loving upgrade, oh my god

it's poo poo and it's better than windows 7.

these are not contradictory statements because windows 7 is also poo poo.

you sound like a dude pleading for sex

duTrieux.
Oct 9, 2003

PleasureKevin posted:

you sound like a dude pleading for sex

i'm trying to untangle this and it's not working. who is windows 7? who is windows 10? is the lady the computer?

AtomD
May 3, 2009

Fun Shoe

PleasureKevin posted:

there was some obsessive Nokia blogger who went to android and used a Nexus One as his main computer for a few months and like blogged about it.

i used a chromebook as my main machine (back before chrome books were actually sold, when it was just ChromiumOS) for a few months

windows has lost so much of it's necessity that you can do just about anything with a smartphone or browser-only computer. however, it can be a huge pain in the rear end.

iPads are the first thing to come along where not only is just about everything possible, but 90% of it is way easier. it's down right intuitive, and i've seen completely computer illiterate people master an iPad with no help at all.

yeah, doing high-powered spreadsheet stuff on an iPad would seem like a huge strain to me. but for these people that find computers a challenge, it's worth it for the trade-off that everything else is easier. and if they weren't exactly lightning fast on a PC or Mac, then there might be no loss of speed overall and no downside.

so what you're saying is "if you're bad at using a computer then the computer will be bad, so you might as well use a tablet, which is like a bad computer"

PleasureKevin
Jan 2, 2011

AtomD posted:

so what you're saying is "if you're bad at using a computer then the computer will be bad, so you might as well use a tablet, which is like a bad computer"

tablets will likely take over more and more computing tasks for more and more people

big shtick energy
May 27, 2004

AtomD posted:

most people are bad at computers

and also just about everything else

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

the ipad isn't a bad computer, it's a good computer with some definite limits on it that both restrict its usefulness but also make it actually easy for an average person to use and own and many people only hit those limits occasionally

I have a car analogy lined up if this is too confusing of a concept

flakeloaf
Feb 26, 2003

ooo i've got lots of anecdata from my friends with toddlers picking up an ipad and just magically knowing how to use it

it's a good little computer for people who are not good at computers, and if what you wanna do grows in that walled garden then it'll probably do it well

PleasureKevin
Jan 2, 2011

this website was developed mostly on an iPad: https://afterpad.com

like the nokia guy i mentioned, this guy has kinda gone to an extreme to show you can use an iPad for anything if you really want to

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Eugene V. Dubstep
Oct 4, 2013
Probation
Can't post for 8 years!

flakeloaf posted:

ooo i've got lots of anecdata from my friends with toddlers picking up an ipad and just magically knowing how to use it

it's a good little computer for people who are not good at computers, and if what you wanna do grows in that walled garden then it'll probably do it well

get those toddlers plugged in early

• Locked thread